General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
You can take well over 10,000 average street strength tabs of LSD and not die... LSD isn't one of those 'commonly overdosed' on drugs

I mean, people have reported taking whats comparable to 40,000 average doses and still lived.

You fucking moron.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

If this is true, then Obama truly is the anti christ by destroying the space program.

tendonlicker

what if my balls fit perfectly in your mouth?

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by tendonlicker View Post
what if my balls fit perfectly in your mouth?

Then it means the electron that willed itself to evolve itself into rygoody knew your balls in another lifetiime.

[H]ustler
Beautiful Genius....... and AUSTENTATIOUS <3 Lantec

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
To say species destroy their habitat... is that really true? Certainly some species destroy things. The thing that comes to mind is that massive starfish that just demolishes corral reefs. But this isn't the same as moving towards making the planet uninhabitable.

I suppose you could say any species that got as succesfull as us would become as destructive as us because the only thing that keeps them constrained is the fact they can't become that succesfull.

I tend to think that there has to be a species that purposely maintains a symbiosis with their enviroment. But I suppose to assert that I would need evidence of a species that chooses to procreate less when they are stressing their environment too much.

However there is the component that in a succesfull species that does recognize earth as home, I doubt they would ever go to nuclear power and mass manufacturing of non-biodegradable waste. Species may procreate to the bounds of the stresses of their environment, but they aren't doing things may make the environment dangerous to them. Humans have a tendency to be doing things that aren't easily supported by natural processes on earth and actually make the environment dangerous to themselves.

Also, to assert their is not 'intent' or 'direction' to the whole of the system that is our reality is somewhat silly. You can blatantly observe a few directions and components of guidance. The first one is altitude. We try to get higher and higher and farther away from earth as possible. The second one is interconnectivity, we try to be simoultaneously connected to as many things as possible. Altitude and interconnectivity I think are two obvious directions the system has been heading in for a loooong time.

Then lastly, if you want to get all mckennist on this, Complexity. From the dawn of the universe to know, the generaly direction of the process has been to increase the complexity of anything and everything. You can state with a fair amount of certainty that the future will be more complex and intricate than right now.

I know these seem blatantly obvious, and they are, and the attitude of people generally high up in scientific process is to see blatantly obvious things as passe. I mean what value of thought comes from stating that altitude, interconnectivity and complexity are the direction and intent of the system? Well I could type a book on that, but think about it. If you know the direction forward you can much more easily extrapolate from a philosophical point of view our past.

you should make sure you spell "successful" correctly in your book
wizzfish's sensei
f75a78f087d522176bdaf458f7076fcc

[H]ustler

and how do you account for all the fucking treehuggers around here
wizzfish's sensei

Vendetta

Hustler!

[H]ustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Hustler!

hai <3
are you a prof yet
wizzfish's sensei

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ustler View Post
hai <3
are you a prof yet

yar I was, but i switched jobs to make more money. im a research director in epidemiology/chronic diseases

[H]ustler

Quote:
yar I was, but i switched jobs to make more money. im a research director in epidemiology/chronic diseases

that's....pretty sexy
wizzfish's sensei

wigglesworth

if you think about it humans will likely survive on earth until it is basically destroyed explosion-style, a la Alderaan. even by then, when the planet is literally destroyed, and not just "ruined", there will by then likely be humans in space.

if they have the means to colonize another planet, moon or whatnot seems unlikely, unless they were already sent out to do so. right now we dont even have any other planet to go to, so with what we know humanity would live out on some giant spaceship, like in Wall-E.

OP's post stinks of "destiny" and the written fate of humanity tho

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ustler View Post
that's....pretty sexy

wanna participate in a research study?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tendonlicker View Post
bull shit

he's right. it may not kill you physically, it will fuck you up though:

Quote:
Estimates for the median lethal dose (LD50) of LSD range from 200 g/kg to more than 1 mg/kg of human body mass, though most sources report that there are no known human cases of such an overdose. Other sources note one report of a suspected fatal overdose of LSD occurring in November 1975 in Kentucky in which there were indications that ~1/3 of a gram (320 mg or 320,000 g) had been injected intravenously. (This is a very extraordinary amount, equivalent to over 3,000 times the average LSD dosage of ~100 g).[73][74] Experiments with LSD have also been done on animals; in 1962, an elephant named Tusko died shortly after being injected with 297 mg, but whether the LSD was the cause of his death is controversial (due, in part, to a plethora of other chemical substances administered simultaneously).[75]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

well you go take 50x the ld50 and get back to us mmm kay?

[H]ustler

Quote:
wanna participate in a research study?

well....can I still call you professor
wizzfish's sensei