General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
slapping a four year old so hard it draws blood, yes that's child abuse
Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
theres no excuse for using physical force against those weaker than you. And any child is hugely weaker.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 AM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com
 
DHermit's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
You're going to raise some unsophisticated brats by slapping them, who will probably slap their kids, ensuring that your legacy with reside in the lower socioeconomic strata.

lol.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:27 AM DHermit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

acidfast7
 
acidfast7's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
lol.

Don't me, you

You should try reading.

Here's the paper:

Free link to entire article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759998/

__________________
I always post that shitty animated .gif of a boulder tumbling down a hill.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:32 AM acidfast7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
Slapping your kid is domestic violence? Are you kidding me? How are you supposed to discipline your kids? Time out? You're going to raise some spoiled ass brats with that approach.

When I was little, if I acted like a little dickhole my mother would spank me, but I very rarely acted out of line. My father once did what many would consider domestic abuse, which is funny because he's the most passive person ever. I, in my infinite epicness, found that one thing, the oneeee little thing to set him off.

Regardless though after the incident he was sick for 2 weeks straight. I'm not BSing either--and to this day it bothers him, so I always bring it up to mess with him.

My point behind this is 99% of the time my parents treated me like a mature responsible adult, even if I wasn't. I was punished, almost every time, in alternative forms--cut off the cash, more chores, loss of freedom. I'd say "look how I turned out" but that would probably undermine my argument

Fact is, you hit a 4 year old (4 years fucking old!) in the face hard enough to draw blood, that is abuse.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

wwilliam54
 
whipping that ass != smacking a face
__________________
2004 Grand Marquis- Just a big bucket o' steel.
1997 Geo- Three Cylinders of Fury, 5 Gears of slow (R.I.P)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 PM wwilliam54 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
When I was little, if I acted like a little dickhole my mother would spank me, but I very rarely acted out of line. My father once did what many would consider domestic abuse, which is funny because he's the most passive person ever. I, in my infinite epicness, found that one thing, the oneeee little thing to set him off.

Regardless though after the incident he was sick for 2 weeks straight. I'm not BSing either--and to this day it bothers him, so I always bring it up to mess with him.

My point behind this is 99% of the time my parents treated me like a mature responsible adult, even if I wasn't. I was punished, almost every time, in alternative forms--cut off the cash, more chores, loss of freedom. I'd say "look how I turned out" but that would probably undermine my argument

Fact is, you hit a 4 year old (4 years fucking old!) in the face hard enough to draw blood, that is abuse.
now im curious, how much did "child vendetta" get in allowance.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

Typhoon43
 
Typhoon43's Avatar
 
This is why America has gone soft. In the 20's-60's this is just the way it was, and people were of a higher caliber IMO. We've become a passive society in EVERY aspect it seems, down to child -rearing. There's a very good reason I don't want kids; because I see enough spoiled little brats around me every damn day with parents moping about how miserable their lives are, all the while the kids are spazzing out and annoying the living shit out of me.

To each their own though.
__________________
I'm the King of Wishful Thinking.....
Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 PM Typhoon43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
child vendetta didn't get an allowance


the allowance got child vendetta
Old 06-22-2011, 01:21 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon43 View Post
This is why America has gone soft. In the 20's-60's this is just the way it was, and people were of a higher caliber IMO. We've become a passive society in EVERY aspect it seems, down to child -rearing. There's a very good reason I don't want kids; because I see enough spoiled little brats around me every damn day with parents moping about how miserable their life is, all the while the kids are spazzing out and annoying the living shit out of me.

To each their own though.

that is fucking retarded

in the 20-60s people assaulted and murdered others for being black or gay. maybe pieces of shit like sam would like a world like that but rational people realize that society is better than it was in those times.

drawing blood from a four year old is not child rearing by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

Typhoon43
 
Typhoon43's Avatar
 
Shit happens man. If he would have broken an Orbital bone or the kid got a concussion, OF COURSE that's domestic abuse. But for fucks sake man, loving parents are losing their family because all it takes is one phone call yelling "OMG HE HIT ME" or "OMG HE HIT MY BABY!"

Again, we've become passive pussies when it comes to "what's best" for raising a familiy.
__________________
I'm the King of Wishful Thinking.....
Old 06-22-2011, 01:28 PM Typhoon43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfast7 View Post
You're going to raise some unsophisticated brats by slapping them, who will probably slap their kids, ensuring that your legacy with reside in the lower socioeconomic strata.

You're starting to sound like a butthurt fag, bra.

I just said I was beat on the daily for a long part of my life. And here you go saying that the same people will probably hit their kids too?

Either you came from that creepy lovey dovey house hold where you and your parents loved you daily, or you were beat to a bloody pulp. Either way, your thought process is pretty down right stupid.

Slapping your dog? Really? Go fuck yourself k bra?
Old 06-22-2011, 01:32 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe a dude who would set himself on fire instead of paying child support was not the greatest dad in the world to begin with...
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

DreamWarrior
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by also, cocks View Post
While putting my four year old daughter to bed, she began licking my hand. After giving her three verbal warnings I slapped her. She got a cut lip.
Should have stealth replaced your hand with your dick .

Oh wait...this is the pit, was I supposed to be serious?

Ummm...Mr. Ball, I think was a bit crazy. I have a gut feeling that one crazy enough to light themselves on fire has probably done a little more to their children than slap them hard enough to split a lip. Me-thinks that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM DreamWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon43 View Post
Shit happens man. If he would have broken an Orbital bone or the kid got a concussion, OF COURSE that's domestic abuse. But for fucks sake man, loving parents are losing their family because all it takes is one phone call yelling "OMG HE HIT ME" or "OMG HE HIT MY BABY!"

Again, we've become passive pussies when it comes to "what's best" for raising a familiy.

drawing blood from a four year old is the exact opposite of a "loving parent"
Old 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.