General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Obviously, some people feel reprimanding kids isn't enough. Beatings are a much more severe and better alternative.

There's just the problem that what are you going to do when beatings aren't enough?

I'm actually ok with spanking under certain, extremely limited circumstances. It needs to be in response to a serious offense, and it needs to be administered dispassionately by the parent. Hauling off and slapping your kid should never be acceptable, no matter what they do.

Now if they're a teenager and actually try to hurt you, obviously you could defend yourself, but if you're a decent parent that'll never happen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
And it has happened to a friend of mine. She went to jail cause he husband said she did drugs and provided evidence......after a 4 month long investigation, she was found not guiltily,.....she did not see her 2 kids for 5 months. And I know for a fact she did not do drugs.

and then she got her kids back and the dad lost any custody rights and got his shit pushed in by the state for making false claims against the mother, right?

she at least sued his ass, right?

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
and then she got her kids back and the dad lost any custody rights and got his shit pushed in by the state for making false claims against the mother, right?

she at least sued his ass, right?
stop trying to bring reality into imaginaryland sir.

Gibonius

Oh look, getting into bad marriages can have negative consequences.

Who knew?????

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
stop trying to bring reality into imaginaryland sir.

Sigh, really?

And no, lack of evidence. She got a lawyer and is working towards custody of the kids.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I'm actually ok with spanking under certain, extremely limited circumstances. It needs to be in response to a serious offense, and it needs to be administered dispassionately by the parent. Hauling off and slapping your kid should never be acceptable, no matter what they do.

Now if they're a teenager and actually try to hurt you, obviously you could defend yourself, but if you're a decent parent that'll never happen.
I kind of agree. Thing is though, when people start saying spanking should be some fucking half mandatory discourse in raising children, that's when some people have serious issues.

I guess the best solution (and yeah, everything doesn't always work out as planned), is to not let things escalate to a point where you'd even have to spank your kids.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

ITT: JPF_ uses his vivid imagination to present anecdotal evidence based on his imaginary view of how shit works and is flabbergasted why other people do not have the same vivid imagination he does

Straw Man
RuHo

It should be added though, that while there are of course false positives (people can be deceptive and downright despicable, is this news?), I guess most people would just be much more happier if actual child molesters would be granted full custody of their kids up until the day they get possibly convicted if that's the case. Right?

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon43 View Post
Shit happens man. If he would have broken an Orbital bone or the kid got a concussion, OF COURSE that's domestic abuse. But for fucks sake man, loving parents are losing their family because all it takes is one phone call yelling "OMG HE HIT ME" or "OMG HE HIT MY BABY!"

Again, we've become passive pussies when it comes to "what's best" for raising a familiy.

Largely agree. Like someone said before, it is probably easier for a kid to get a bloodly lip. I can see the little hyper kid moving all about and contributing. If you are putting a kid to sleep and they are on their back and acting up, what are you going to do if you plan to spank them - take them OUT of bed (when you are struggling to get them IN to bed)?

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Oh look, getting into bad marriages can have negative consequences.

Who knew?????

Good thing people come with a warning label, right?

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Pure and utter . That's not how it works.

Actually, it is.

doopybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
Largely agree. Like someone said before, it is probably easier for a kid to get a bloodly lip. I can see the little hyper kid moving all about and contributing. If you are putting a kid to sleep and they are on their back and acting up, what are you going to do if you plan to spank them - take them OUT of bed (when you are struggling to get them IN to bed)?

i see your point, it was totally the four year old's fault that she got slapped so hard that she bled. she shouldnt have been acting like such a child.

Gibonius

Quote:

If you need to, sure. Better than slapping them in the face. Better to err on the side of "not abusing your kids" than convenience. You should be removing them from the situation before applying physical discipline anyway.

Quote:
Good thing people come with a warning label, right?

You pick a bad one, you might suffer for it. This is not a new phenomenon.

I don't think anyone here would argue that divorce law is not slanted towards the women, but these anecdotal cases from bitter divorced guys are not the rule nor reflective of the balance of society. Men are still waaaay on top in our society, and about the only time when you might lose out from being male is in an extremely bitter divorce with kids involved. Avoiding that sort of situation is largely under your control.

Last edited by Gibonius; 06-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: left out a word

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Actually, it is.

No, it isn't.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Didn't read that entire thing, but seems like this guy wrote an entire essay blaming his immature violent tendencies on everything but himself. GG

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v