General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
What do you mean I'm right? I didn't say anything. I asked you a question.

I'm saying having a felony on your record shouldn't prevent you from voting. That is another restriction they are putting on voters.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I'm saying having a felony on your record shouldn't prevent you from voting. That is another restriction they are putting on voters.
I think that if a person has a single felony conviction and stays clean for 5 years afterwards they should get their voting rights back. Multiple felons can have the right to rot in jail however..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I think that if a person has a single felony conviction and stays clean for 5 years afterwards they should get their voting rights back. Multiple felons can have the right to rot in jail however..

You really think smoking pot means you should lose your right to vote?

joemama

Quote:
Personally, no. But the fact remains that in most states it is a felony and everyone who does it is aware of that. Smoking pot is a choice, not a necessity..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Gibonius

Quote:

Simple possession is usually a misdemeanor anyway, unless you have enough to qualify as a dealer.

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Simple possession is usually a misdemeanor anyway, unless you have enough to qualify as a dealer.
That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I'd make damn sure to find out if I were into smoking it...be dumb not to. Which of course brings us back around to my first point..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

No, its a restriction they are putting on felons.

Someone who has been by their own actions after due process determined to not be worth much to society should not have a say in how that society is run.

If you have 5 DWI's you should not be able to get together with your DWI pals and vote in a judge who is soft on DWI assholes.

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
If you have 5 DWI's you should not be able to get together with your DWI pals and vote in a judge who is soft on DWI assholes.

You give them too much credit if you think they're gonna have the braincells left to even bother reading which judges are up for re-election, and have even less attention towards which ones are going to benefit them...

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
You give them too much credit if you think they're gonna have the braincells left to even bother reading which judges are up for re-election, and have even less attention towards which ones are going to benefit them...

shyster lawyers would do it for them. Tell all their clients who to vote for and let the judge know who bought and paid for him.

The lawyers get easy money.

edplayer
no

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I think that if a person has a single felony conviction and stays clean for 5 years afterwards they should get their voting rights back.

It depends on what state you are in.

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Gibonius

^^Like he said, felons getting their vote back, either immediately after getting out of jail or within a few years, is automatic. Only in a few states, like Virginia, is it a more drawn out process. You gotta lobby the governor in VA.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
This is the republican stance on voting:

BORKED

I didn't watch but i get the gist. That's always been the fundamental difference: wanting everyone to be educated VS. wanting masses for cheap labor that get turned down at the polling booth because they can't write good. Of course this was finally made against the law but the principle is the same.

In a mind-fucking kind of way it is the uneducated who tend to hold conservative views

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

Actually yes you should. Because the REST of the people are supposed to be paying attention and they can vote for any other judge they want.

In reality however neither the "DWI assholes" nor you as a "non-DWI saint" will care enough to research what candidate promised what. You will however gripe about it all matter-of-factly and pretend it's a serious concern that fellons are going to change the course of history.

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
In reality however neither the "DWI assholes" nor you as a "non-DWI saint" will care enough to research what candidate promised what. You will however gripe about it all matter-of-factly and pretend it's a serious concern that fellons are going to change the course of history.

You've seen one Willie Horton, (with a knife) you've seen them all.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Actually yes you should. Because the REST of the people are supposed to be paying attention and they can vote for any other judge they want.

You mean felons like Al Capone? Jimmy Hoffa? etc etc etc?

But lets just stick with the DWI ones for now. Yes they can affect the law. They do so even without voting by inundating the court system with enough cases that the judges treat it as a minor thing and dont impose enough of a penalty to get them to stop at just one.

Which certainly affects society which certainly affects the course of history. Friends of Bill W ring a bell moron? Dont you get tired of being plain stupid?