General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Wait..
So lefties raged against the electoral college affecting the 2000 presidential election...yet now they want to resist any changes to it? That's not hypocritical at all..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 09-21-2011, 10:14 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Wait..
So lefties raged against the electoral college affecting the 2000 presidential election...yet now they want to resist any changes to it? That's not hypocritical at all..

resisting obvious gaming of the system we are stuck with for the time being is not hypocritical.

also, the main problems with the 2000 elelctions had nothing to do with the electoral college and everything to do with the supreme court stepping into a state election and all the other leading up to that point that made that moment possible.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
it's funny because it's been disproved.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I do like the idea of the smaller states (population) being worth something in the presidential race, and Electoral College is the only way you get that.


Little states are little states. It's like letting your children run the family. imo

I am for individual state rights however.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
it's funny because it's been disproved.

sure it has.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
it's funny because it's been disproved.
Yeah, you're right. The entire roster of the Dallas Cowboys that were registered through an ACORN office in Nevada were mostly all living..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yeah, you're right. The entire roster of the Dallas Cowboys that were registered through an ACORN office in Nevada were mostly all living..

Registering doesn't mean squat, "Daffy Duck" or whatever isn't going to be able to vote.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Little states are little states. It's like letting your children run the family. imo

I am for individual state rights however.

Getting some minor say hardly equals running the country.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Registering doesn't mean squat, "Daffy Duck" or whatever isn't going to be able to vote.

I'm sure all fraud registrations have never gone the next step and voted.


Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
I'm thinking about closing this thread rightaway.



__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 PM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yeah, you're right. The entire roster of the Dallas Cowboys that were registered through an ACORN office in Nevada were mostly all living..

ITT: you still don't understand how voter registration works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
I'm sure all fraud registrations have never gone the next step and voted.



we went over this at the beginning of the thread. out of 300 million votes (300,000,000) they found less than one hundred (>100) cases of vote fraud where someone ineligible to vote casted a vote.

The way voter registration works, you could sign up every fake name in the world. That doesn't mean they get to vote. The problem is the non-partisan local elections board goes and verifies whether those names actually live in the district where they attempted to register. Daffy Duck and Superman don't get to vote. Anywhere.

And acorn was never allowed to remove daffy duck and superman from their lists even though they knew they were fake. The law requires them to hand over every voter registration form. Sorry if this is news to you. Acorn was a red herring. The real reason they had to be shut down was because they registered poor minorities to vote and poor minorities tend to vote democratic.

We spent almost a decade investigating this under a republican president and congress because republicans kept bitching and moaning about it and THEY CAME UP WITH NOTHING. There were 80 some odd cases and those were almost all felons who had lost eligibility or legal resident aliens who didn't have eligibility. Oh yeah, and ANN fucking COULTER. who got off because the statute of limitations had run out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_165007.html

Remember all those AGs that got fired under Bush? Do you remember what they got fired for? Yeah, they got fired for not bringing baseless voter fraud cases. look it up. that shit happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismiss...ys_controversy
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-22-2011, 12:35 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
ITT: you still don't understand how voter registration works.



we went over this at the beginning of the thread. out of 300 million votes (300,000,000) they found less than one hundred (>100) cases of vote fraud where someone ineligible to vote casted a vote.

The way voter registration works, you could sign up every fake name in the world. That doesn't mean they get to vote. The problem is the non-partisan local elections board goes and verifies whether those names actually live in the district where they attempted to register. Daffy Duck and Superman don't get to vote. Anywhere.

And acorn was never allowed to remove daffy duck and superman from their lists even though they knew they were fake. The law requires them to hand over every voter registration form. Sorry if this is news to you. Acorn was a red herring. The real reason they had to be shut down was because they registered poor minorities to vote and poor minorities tend to vote democratic.

We spent almost a decade investigating this under a republican president and congress because republicans kept bitching and moaning about it and THEY CAME UP WITH NOTHING. There were 80 some odd cases and those were almost all felons who had lost eligibility or legal resident aliens who didn't have eligibility. Oh yeah, and ANN fucking COULTER. who got off because the statute of limitations had run out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_165007.html

Remember all those AGs that got fired under Bush? Do you remember what they got fired for? Yeah, they got fired for not bringing baseless voter fraud cases. look it up. that shit happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismiss...ys_controversy
If fraudulent signups are pointless as you say...then why do it at all? Maybe dumb people shouldn't be in charge of getting new voters registered..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Acorn had some bad policies about who they let do their registrations and how they were to be done but there's not much we can do about that now that they are gone.

IIRC they had quotas on how many names the poor/homeless people they hired were supposed to get over what period of time. This was supposed to make sure the people they hired would actually go out and try to register people. Unfortunately in some cases it backfired. If the people they hired were shady and just wanted the money then they would sit there and fill in bogus names so they would still get paid. Not all their people did this but enough did to taint them and they probably should have done more to stop this.

While they didn't do enough to stop this behavior, Acorn used to verify the registered names themsleves and sort the names into two lists. Ones that were probably legit and ones that were probably bogus and then they handed them all in to be verified by the local elections board as required by law.

Other voter registration groups had plenty of bogus or unverifiable names too, just not as many as acorn would come up with thanks to their policies and who they hired to do their registrations. That's why the local elections boards are the final authority on registrations, no matter where the voter registration comes from. DMV, league of women voters, AARP, ACORN, etc etc etc...
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Last edited by pyramid; 09-22-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Old 09-22-2011, 01:24 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
I'm sure all fraud registrations have never gone the next step and voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
ITT: you still don't understand how voter registration works.
This.

People who get riled up about things they don't understand are so cute.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.