General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs
 
BlisterDick's Avatar
 
there is already an underground city being constructed in Colorado for high level government officials and the country's elites.... possibly another power source for said post-apocalyptic subterranean utopia?
__________________
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM BlisterDick is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
It's a clean energy fund that got a loan guarantee to build a clean energy project...

OMG, scandal!

you don't even understand what a loan guarantee is. why should I take your outrage seriously?

because it's cronyism and favoritism?

obviously it's not on par with what cheney and co. did but it's still there.
__________________
lol
Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 AM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs
 
BlisterDick's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
they got a loan guarantee. that is where the government basically cosigns your loan and says they will pay if you default.

can i get one of these for a new car?
__________________
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM BlisterDick is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
can i get one of these for a new car?

only if you're banging the speakers sister or brother
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:04 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
because it's cronyism and favoritism?

obviously it's not on par with what cheney and co. did but it's still there.

It's not really a scandal like solyndra yet because it hasn't actually cost us one cent yet. If they default and go bankrupt like solyndra then you can cry foul. Otherwise this is just the government doing what it is supposed to do.

Solyndra was special because they should have known not to give them a loan guarantee because there were already signs that they company was headed for serious trouble long before they ever signed the guarantee.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
yeah so if they succeed pelosi gets to line his pockets thanks to a loan guaranteed by tax payers that he only got because of his familial political connections.

and this of course doens't bother you at all because pelosi has a d next to her name...

it'll only bother you if they fail...

it should bother you from the get go because all of these federal loans to corporations is half the reason why we're in so much trouble economically...the fact that such a huge loan goes to a company that just so happens to be heavily invested in by somebody with familial connections to the obama administration should be more enough to piss you off.

this isn't the hope and change i was expecting
__________________
lol
Old 09-30-2011, 12:15 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
yeah so if they succeed pelosi gets to line his pockets thanks to a loan guaranteed by tax payers that he only got because of his familial political connections.

and this of course doens't bother you at all because pelosi has a d next to her name...

it'll only bother you if they fail...

it should bother you from the get go because all of these federal loans to corporations is half the reason why we're in so much trouble economically...the fact that such a huge loan goes to a company that just so happens to be heavily invested in by somebody with familial connections to the obama administration should be more enough to piss you off.

this isn't the hope and change i was expecting

he's a third part investor, hell he's an employee of a third party investor. fuck your shit is mind numbingly retarded
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:25 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Tab_diagonal
yo quiero taco bell
 
Tab_diagonal's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rapist View Post
fixed.

niiiiiiice
__________________
Baloneyflaps: I just admitted to routinely breaking into morgues so I can fist corpses then fingerpaint pictures of Jesus on the wall with their cold shit.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 PM Tab_diagonal is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
yeah so if they succeed pelosi gets to line his pockets thanks to a loan guaranteed by tax payers that he only got because of his familial political connections.
How do you know the loan was guaranteed because he is related to pelosi? Pelosi is in the house of reps, not the department of energy.

And yeah, after his fund pays back the private loan and his personal investments in that fund start making money... that's how investing works and it didn't cost us one cent.

Quote:
and this of course doens't bother you at all because pelosi has a d next to her name...

it'll only bother you if they fail...
I'm sure some republican somewhere has invested in clean energy too. probably in the same fund. who gives a shit? do you really think the only reason the loan was guaranteed was because the number two guy at the fund is loosely related to a democrat via marriage?

Quote:
it should bother you from the get go because all of these federal loans to corporations is half the reason why we're in so much trouble economically...the fact that such a huge loan goes to a company that just so happens to be heavily invested in by somebody with familial connections to the obama administration should be more enough to piss you off.

this isn't the hope and change i was expecting
IT WASN'T A FUCKING LOAN. IT WAS A LOAN GUARANTEE. THE GOVERNMENT COSIGNED THE LOAN, THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE LOAN. THIS DEAL HAS COST THE GOVERNMENT AND TAX PAYERS ZERO DOLLARS AND ZERO CENTS SO FAR.

AND INVESTING IN NEW TECHNOLOGIES HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH OUR CURRENT ECONOMIC TROUBLES. WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET THIS SHIT?

Solyndra cost us 500 million dollars and shouldn't have gotten a loan guarantee but 500 million dollars is 0.01341% of our 2011 budget. DID SOLYNDRA GET A LOAN GUARANTEE BECAUSE OF PELOSI TOO?

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:06 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable
 
Why_Ask_Why's Avatar
 
I feel dumber for having read this thread
__________________
Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM Why_Ask_Why is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...aw_594593.html

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...mal-plant.html

http://www.pcgfunds.com/people.html

this is the part where hardon laughably tries to defend the two party system yet again, arguing that obama and democrats really do give a fuck about me

what's your point?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
yeah, total coincidence that the company pelosi's brother in law invested money in received 737 billion from the federal government, right?


God you're a dumbass.


1) your figures are astronomically wrong, 740 Mil is chump change for new technology research, compared to stupid ass annual corn & oil company subsidies as one example. Why we give money to oil companies is beyond humanitarian explanation.

2) two poeple investing in clean, renewable energy at the same time must be some sort of a scam


More fun facts:

-Cheyne's retirement package is linked by percentage to Halliburton's earnings - still even today.

-Thermo solar has been done since the 80s and it works. It's reliable, free for life after upstart costs and delivers very good output for the given size. Instead of bashing others about investing in it you should probably do it yourself. That is if you have any money after investing it on ammo and NPR books.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki Thermal Solar
Full-scale parabolic trough systems consist of many such troughs laid out in parallel over a large area of land. Since 1985 a solar thermal system using this principle has been in full operation in California in the United States. It is called the SEGS system.[24] Other CSP designs lack this kind of long experience and therefore it can currently be said that the parabolic trough design is the most thoroughly proven CSP technology.

The Solar Energy Generating System (SEGS) is a collection of nine plants with a total capacity of 350MW. It is currently the largest operational solar system (both thermal and non-thermal). A newer plant is Nevada Solar One plant with a capacity of 64MW. Under construction are Andasol 1 and Andasol 2 in Spain with each site having a capacity of 50MW. Note however, that those plants have heat storage which requires a larger field of solar collectors relative to the size of the steam turbine-generator to store heat and send heat to the steam turbine at the same time. Heat storage enables better utilization of the steam turbine. With day and some nighttime operation of the steam-turbine Andasol 1 at 50MW peak capacity produces more energy than Nevada Solar One at 64 MW peak capacity, due to the former plant's thermal energy storage system and larger solar field.

553MW new capacity is proposed in Mojave Solar Park, California.[25] Furthermore, 59MW hybrid plant with heat storage is proposed near Barstow, California.[26] Near Kuraymat in Egypt, some 40MW steam is used as input for a gas powered plant.[27][28] Finally, 25MW steam input for a gas power plant in Hassi R'mel, Algeria.


This shit works all day long with 100% reliability, with trials ongoing for overnight energy production via heat retention mechanisms such as molten salt stored in insulated containers.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_thermal_energy


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabolic_trough
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-30-2011, 05:11 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Of course moving forward is not something the modern republicans are about.

They would like to see a re-run of the feudal/dark ages with lords and peasants and no such things as a middle class. That afterall is pure unadultered capitalism and the pinnacle of trickle down theory - both of which are god's design of running a society.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
IF WE DON'T GIVE EXXON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR OIL EXPLORATION THEY WILL STOP DRILLING FOR OIL AND MAKING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS!11

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.