General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

there is already an underground city being constructed in Colorado for high level government officials and the country's elites.... possibly another power source for said post-apocalyptic subterranean utopia?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
It's a clean energy fund that got a loan guarantee to build a clean energy project...

OMG, scandal!

you don't even understand what a loan guarantee is. why should I take your outrage seriously?

because it's cronyism and favoritism?

obviously it's not on par with what cheney and co. did but it's still there.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
they got a loan guarantee. that is where the government basically cosigns your loan and says they will pay if you default.

can i get one of these for a new car?

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
can i get one of these for a new car?

only if you're banging the speakers sister or brother

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
because it's cronyism and favoritism?

obviously it's not on par with what cheney and co. did but it's still there.

It's not really a scandal like solyndra yet because it hasn't actually cost us one cent yet. If they default and go bankrupt like solyndra then you can cry foul. Otherwise this is just the government doing what it is supposed to do.

Solyndra was special because they should have known not to give them a loan guarantee because there were already signs that they company was headed for serious trouble long before they ever signed the guarantee.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

yeah so if they succeed pelosi gets to line his pockets thanks to a loan guaranteed by tax payers that he only got because of his familial political connections.

and this of course doens't bother you at all because pelosi has a d next to her name...

it'll only bother you if they fail...

it should bother you from the get go because all of these federal loans to corporations is half the reason why we're in so much trouble economically...the fact that such a huge loan goes to a company that just so happens to be heavily invested in by somebody with familial connections to the obama administration should be more enough to piss you off.

this isn't the hope and change i was expecting

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
yeah so if they succeed pelosi gets to line his pockets thanks to a loan guaranteed by tax payers that he only got because of his familial political connections.

and this of course doens't bother you at all because pelosi has a d next to her name...

it should bother you from the get go because all of these federal loans to corporations is half the reason why we're in so much trouble economically...the fact that such a huge loan goes to a company that just so happens to be heavily invested in by somebody with familial connections to the obama administration should be more enough to piss you off.

he's a third part investor, hell he's an employee of a third party investor. fuck your shit is mind numbingly retarded

Tab_diagonal
yo quiero taco bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rapist View Post
fixed.

niiiiiiice

pyramid

Quote:
How do you know the loan was guaranteed because he is related to pelosi? Pelosi is in the house of reps, not the department of energy.

And yeah, after his fund pays back the private loan and his personal investments in that fund start making money... that's how investing works and it didn't cost us one cent.

Quote:

I'm sure some republican somewhere has invested in clean energy too. probably in the same fund. who gives a shit? do you really think the only reason the loan was guaranteed was because the number two guy at the fund is loosely related to a democrat via marriage?

Quote:

IT WASN'T A FUCKING LOAN. IT WAS A LOAN GUARANTEE. THE GOVERNMENT COSIGNED THE LOAN, THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE LOAN. THIS DEAL HAS COST THE GOVERNMENT AND TAX PAYERS ZERO DOLLARS AND ZERO CENTS SO FAR.

AND INVESTING IN NEW TECHNOLOGIES HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH OUR CURRENT ECONOMIC TROUBLES. WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET THIS SHIT?

Solyndra cost us 500 million dollars and shouldn't have gotten a loan guarantee but 500 million dollars is 0.01341% of our 2011 budget. DID SOLYNDRA GET A LOAN GUARANTEE BECAUSE OF PELOSI TOO?

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

I feel dumber for having read this thread

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...aw_594593.html

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...mal-plant.html

http://www.pcgfunds.com/people.html

this is the part where hardon laughably tries to defend the two party system yet again, arguing that obama and democrats really do give a fuck about me

what's your point?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
yeah, total coincidence that the company pelosi's brother in law invested money in received 737 billion from the federal government, right?

God you're a dumbass.

1) your figures are astronomically wrong, 740 Mil is chump change for new technology research, compared to stupid ass annual corn & oil company subsidies as one example. Why we give money to oil companies is beyond humanitarian explanation.

2) two poeple investing in clean, renewable energy at the same time must be some sort of a scam

More fun facts:

-Cheyne's retirement package is linked by percentage to Halliburton's earnings - still even today.

-Thermo solar has been done since the 80s and it works. It's reliable, free for life after upstart costs and delivers very good output for the given size. Instead of bashing others about investing in it you should probably do it yourself. That is if you have any money after investing it on ammo and NPR books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki Thermal Solar
Full-scale parabolic trough systems consist of many such troughs laid out in parallel over a large area of land. Since 1985 a solar thermal system using this principle has been in full operation in California in the United States. It is called the SEGS system.[24] Other CSP designs lack this kind of long experience and therefore it can currently be said that the parabolic trough design is the most thoroughly proven CSP technology.

The Solar Energy Generating System (SEGS) is a collection of nine plants with a total capacity of 350MW. It is currently the largest operational solar system (both thermal and non-thermal). A newer plant is Nevada Solar One plant with a capacity of 64MW. Under construction are Andasol 1 and Andasol 2 in Spain with each site having a capacity of 50MW. Note however, that those plants have heat storage which requires a larger field of solar collectors relative to the size of the steam turbine-generator to store heat and send heat to the steam turbine at the same time. Heat storage enables better utilization of the steam turbine. With day and some nighttime operation of the steam-turbine Andasol 1 at 50MW peak capacity produces more energy than Nevada Solar One at 64 MW peak capacity, due to the former plant's thermal energy storage system and larger solar field.

553MW new capacity is proposed in Mojave Solar Park, California.[25] Furthermore, 59MW hybrid plant with heat storage is proposed near Barstow, California.[26] Near Kuraymat in Egypt, some 40MW steam is used as input for a gas powered plant.[27][28] Finally, 25MW steam input for a gas power plant in Hassi R'mel, Algeria.

This shit works all day long with 100% reliability, with trials ongoing for overnight energy production via heat retention mechanisms such as molten salt stored in insulated containers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_thermal_energy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabolic_trough

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Of course moving forward is not something the modern republicans are about.

They would like to see a re-run of the feudal/dark ages with lords and peasants and no such things as a middle class. That afterall is pure unadultered capitalism and the pinnacle of trickle down theory - both of which are god's design of running a society.

pyramid

IF WE DON'T GIVE EXXON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR OIL EXPLORATION THEY WILL STOP DRILLING FOR OIL AND MAKING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS!11