General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
I don't understand the point in doing something like this.
it wont do anything, so just ignore them and theyll go away. Its like a small annoying smelly child. If you respond to his inane nannering he'll keep doing it, if you dont, he'll go be smelly elsewhere.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colicious View Post
fuck those people.

dont like being in the "99%"?? well fuckin do something about it

2010 had a 8% increase in millionairs. 2009 had a 16% increase

tell you what, i plan on puttin myself in that 1%

You realize (I know you're good at math) that an increase from 2% -> 4% is a "100%" increase right?

Now let's consider how many seasons of Survivor there have been - there's your "increase in millionaires". You stand the best chance of making it into the 1% through reality TV.

So which one are you going to sign up for? Amazing race? I'm not sure survivor is on anymore.

Ps. bonus Q: what was the increase in the "poor" category?

[H]ard|On

Quote:
dont forget the man who started it
http://www.businessweek.com/the_thre...ons_drive.html
clintons policy to give the american dream to all the lazy poor people. forcing banks to loosen their requirements to allow for the people who normally would not receive the financing to purchase their house.

everyone blames the people who sold off the mortgage backed securities for the collapse, but noone blames the people who didnt make their payments or took on a loan they could not afford

More like the deregulation of S&L under Reagan - it allowed all the further abuse of the system in the first place.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
it's not that americans are fat and lazy and overspending, it's that far too many are going to work till they die with nothing to show for it.

Bingo.

My neighbors are a family of 5 - the parents work all day long. They had to stop watering their lawn, sell an early 2000s SUV for a 90s four door and almost lost the house they have lived in for over a decade anyway. The 14 year old says he makes Ramen noodles for his little brother and sister several times a day.

The solution, obviously, is to close planned parenthood and harass teachers while wearing tea bags.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
dont forget the man who started it
http://www.businessweek.com/the_thre...ons_drive.html
clintons policy to give the american dream to all the lazy poor people. forcing banks to loosen their requirements to allow for the people who normally would not receive the financing to purchase their house.

everyone blames the people who sold off the mortgage backed securities for the collapse, but noone blames the people who didnt make their payments or took on a loan they could not afford

yeah, because it would be stupid to place the blame on the poor people at the bottom of the totem pole for the governmental and banking policies that they have zero power over.

also, that's not true. Clinton and the dems did't want the banks to go nuts giving out liar loans. they wanted the banks to stop redlining minorities and refusing to ever give them loans. the banks didn't like this but once they figured out how to repackage and resell the loans they were all off to the races. government may have planted the seed and individual greed may have played its part but the institutional greed of the banks made the problem what into what it became.

to blame this situation on poor people who couldn't even understand the terms of the loans they were given is to buy into the fucking lie that those damn greedy poor people caused the financial mess we are in.

quite frankly that is stupid and another attempt to shift the blame onto the people who have the least amount of money and power in the whole scenario. individual poor people only took out the one loan to try and improve their lives, maybe they didn't understand the loan terms, maybe they were too greedy but they only took out the one loan. The banks were the ones giving out as many of these loans as they could to people who didn't understand them and couldn't pay them.

And they knew this and they continued to do it anyway. And they continued to do it even as the whole house of cards was tumbling down. they continued to make and repackage and resell these loans even as they were privately betting against them. They made obscene amounts of money and then when the party was over and the economy crashed WE GOT TO BAIL THEM OUT.

And the real kicker is you are trying to blame the people who got the shaft in all of this. whether it was ignorance or greed, the people at the bottom who couldn't pay their loans are the only ones getting punished for this mess. the banks are doing just fine. the bankers are doing just fine and are just as rich as ever. the poor people who thought that they had a shot at the american dream are the only ones being punished and now you want to blame them too. well, I will not be part of your silly delusion.

I blame the fat cats who walked away from the whole situation even richer than before, not everyone else who got fucked in the ass and then were made to pay for the privilege of getting raped.

pyramid

Quote:
The even bigger joker is that taxpayers whose incomes were in the bottom 20 percent in 1996 had a 91 percent increase in incomes by 2005.

Meanwhile, taxpayers in the top one-hundredth of one percent — "the rich" or "superrich" if you believe politicians and the media — had their incomes drop by 26 percent over those very same years.
If you are making 5-10k a year and your income goes up by 91%, you are still poor.

If you are making several hundred million dollars a year and your income goes down by 26%, you are still super rich.

don't play fucking numbers games with me.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
yeah, because it would be stupid to place the blame on the poor people at the bottom of the totem pole for the governmental and banking policies that they have zero power over.

also, that's not true. Clinton and the dems did't want the banks to go nuts giving out liar loans. they wanted the banks to stop redlining minorities and refusing to ever give them loans. the banks didn't like this but once they figured out how to repackage and resell the loans they were all off to the races. government may have planted the seed and individual greed may have played its part but the institutional greed of the banks made the problem what into what it became.

to blame this situation on poor people who couldn't even understand the terms of the loans they were given is to buy into the fucking lie that those damn greedy poor people caused the financial mess we are in.

quite frankly that is stupid and another attempt to shift the blame onto the people who have the least amount of money and power in the whole scenario. individual poor people only took out the one loan to try and improve their lives, maybe they didn't understand the loan terms, maybe they were too greedy but they only took out the one loan. The banks were the ones giving out as many of these loans as they could to people who didn't understand them and couldn't pay them.

And they knew this and they continued to do it anyway. And they continued to do it even as the whole house of cards was tumbling down. they continued to make and repackage and resell these loans even as they were privately betting against them. They made obscene amounts of money and then when the party was over and the economy crashed WE GOT TO BAIL THEM OUT.

And the real kicker is you are trying to blame the people who got the shaft in all of this. whether it was ignorance or greed, the people at the bottom who couldn't pay their loans are the only ones getting punished for this mess. the banks are doing just fine. the bankers are doing just fine and are just as rich as ever. the poor people who thought that they had a shot at the american dream are the only ones being punished and now you want to blame them too. well, I will not be part of your silly delusion.

I blame the fat cats who walked away from the whole situation even richer than before, not everyone else who got fucked in the ass and then were made to pay for the privilege of getting raped.

so you're acknowledging that the people who took out those variable interest rate loans for houses that they couldn't afford acted both out of stupidity and greed, yet you don't want to place any blame on them whatsoever, nor do you want to place any blame on the two administrations who are chiefly responsible for allowing the banks to do this. instead you place the blame entirely on the banks, completely absolving the government of yet another failed policy of fucking with the free market and absolving idiots of any personal responsibility for signing loan agreements without bothering to read or even understand the terms.

cool. because you know, fuck personal responsibility and wasis lending practices

Gibonius

Quote:
If you are making 5-10k a year and your income goes up by 91%, you are still poor.

If you are making several hundred million dollars a year and your income goes down by 26%, you are still super rich.

don't play fucking numbers games with me.

Also, the super-rich get most of their wealth from investments which doesn't get classified (or taxed) as "income."

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
you got me man, i left out that damn 'e'

it doesnt take much to be a millionaire anymore. you just have to work hard and stop being a pussy

are you a millionaire?

afxacid

Quote:

good luck with that.

also, the american dream is being able to work hard and provide a good life for you and your family. when there's no fucking jobs around it doesn't matter how hard you work.

the american dream is starting your own fuking company - not relying on someone else to provide a job for you

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
so you're acknowledging that the people who took out those variable interest rate loans for houses that they couldn't afford acted both out of stupidity and greed, yet you don't want to place any blame on them whatsoever, nor do you want to place any blame on the two administrations who are chiefly responsible for allowing the banks to do this. instead you place the blame entirely on the banks, completely absolving the government of yet another failed policy of fucking with the free market and absolving idiots of any personal responsibility for signing loan agreements without bothering to read or even understand the terms.

cool. because you know, fuck personal responsibility and wasis lending practices

The government's only intention was to allow for some poor people to get loans instead of being constantly denied even though they were decent credit risks. They asked the banks to take slightly more risk and make a few more loans to poor people with low but decent credit ratings. They never told the banks to go fucking nuts handing out liar loans to everyone and their grandmother.

The poor people just wanted to get loans that they could afford to better their lives. Should they have understood the details of their loans better? yeah, but the people who should have been explaining the loans and managing the risk (the banks) were too busy making money to make sure that people understood the terms of their loans or that the loans weren't ridiculously risky and impossible for the borrowers to pay back.

The banks just wanted to make even more money any way they could, even if it meant handing out thousands of loans that they themselves knew could never be repaid because they knew the size of the calamity they were creating would leave them "too big to fail".

which one of the three seems like they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
The government's only intention was to allow for some poor people to get loans instead of being constantly denied even though they were decent credit risks. They asked the banks to take slightly more risk and make a few more loans to poor people with low but decent credit ratings. They never told the banks to go fucking nuts handing out liar loans to everyone and their grandmother.

The poor people just wanted to get loans that they could afford to better their lives. Should they have understood the details of their loans better? yeah, but the people who should have been explaining the loans and managing the risk (the banks) were too busy making money to make sure that people understood the terms of their loans or that the loans weren't ridiculously risky and impossible for the borrowers to pay back.

The banks just wanted to make even more money any way they could, even if it meant handing out thousands of loans that they themselves knew could never be repaid because they knew the size of the calamity they were creating would leave them "too big to fail".

which one of the three seems like they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing?

there's your problem.

big banks handing out bonuses isn't a problem in of itself.

it's the symbiotic relation formed between the state and corporations that is the problem, and the subsequent bail outs and cronyism.

get the corporations out of washington and keep washington out of the corporations...no exceptions.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
Quote:
you got me man, i left out that damn 'e'

it doesnt take much to be a millionaire anymore. you just have to work hard and stop being a pussy

are you a millionaire?

I have to do a self quote on this.... Colicious if you aren't a millionaire then you aren't working hard enough and you're a pussy, so maybe you need to shut the fuck up.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post

libertarians folks

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
I have to do a self quote on this.... Colicious if you aren't a millionaire then you aren't working hard enough and you're a pussy, so maybe you need to shut the fuck up.

I' want to turn that into a GIF and pay to have it be : pussy: for one year