Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

cokezeroholic

See you later civil liberties.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

teh_rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
it takes practice. i took lessons when i was ~15 and on my first day at the range there were little kids pulling stronger bows than me.

Must be... I mean still, 3rd grade is like waaaaay beyond any muscle development really, it's way before even beginning puberty. I mean fuck, I haven't even drank vodka before 3rd grade...

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rapist View Post
Must be... I mean still, 3rd grade is like waaaaay beyond any muscle development really, it's way before even beginning puberty. I mean fuck, I haven't even drank vodka before 3rd grade...

it's not really about strength but more about muscle memory and teaching your muscles a completely foreign motion... it's very awkward at first, which is why your arm twitches and shakes pulling the string and trying to hold it steady.

teh_rapist

Quote:
it's not really about strength but more about muscle memory and teaching your muscles a completely foreign motion... it's very awkward at first, which is why your arm twitches and shakes pulling the string and trying to hold it steady.

I think we are just talking about bows of different draw strengths here. I mean yeah, up to a certain point it's all about the technique, but past that no amount of technique will help you.

Condoner

Quote:

Umm, this is a compound bow, not a recurve, that we're talking about here.

Coqui

Uh it was an actual grenade. Just not live.

Would you react the same if it was a hand gun with blanks?

wwilliam54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Uh it was an actual grenade. Just not live.

Would you react the same if it was a hand gun with blanks?

No
handgun with blanks is an operational weapon
A hollow grenade is a paperweight

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwilliam54 View Post
No
handgun with blanks is an operational weapon
A hollow grenade is a paperweight

Where in the article did it say it was hollowed out? It doesn't specify at all how they made it not live.

And fine, how about a handgun with no ammo in it? It's just as much of an operation weapon as a hollow grenade (in that you can only use it as a blunt projectile object)

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

when i was in high school a kid brought an old 12 gauge into metal shop and sawed off the barrel, when the teacher told him he couldn't do that he just said it had a broken firing pin and the teacher was like oh ok the. fuck i'd go nuts in school today

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

It doesn't matter if it's a paperweight or not. It looks just like a weapon. Especially with recent (and not so recent) violence in schools, policies of no tolerance are easier to enforce. The bomb squad seems like an incredible over reaction, in hindsight. But the school had no knowledge of where it came from, if the kid was just lying, nor are teachers fully aware of the exact working specs of a live grenade.

And before anyone comes in about "no harm no foul" or "it was a useless paperweight"--that doesn't matter. Especially since weapons--a fake gun (that looks real) or a hollowed out grenade--has the potential to incite anxiety and fear. You don't bring shit like that into schools because it freaks people out, with damn good reason.

Forever Domon

yeah.... an object capable of violence does not equal intent of violence.

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
yeah.... an object capable of violence does not equal intent of violence.

That doesn't matter. You bringing in all sorts of weapons when you were younger, that shit isn't allowed today. With good reason.

You don't get away with taking a weapon on a plane if you tell the officer "I don't intend to use this as a weapon". What a fucking horrible argument!

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
That doesn't matter. You bringing in all sorts of weapons when you were younger, that shit isn't allowed today. With good reason.

You don't get away with taking a weapon on a plane if you tell the officer "I don't intend to use this as a weapon". What a fucking horrible argument!
but logically theres no reason you shouldnt be able to do that if you dont intend to use it as a weapon.

(bring a weapon on a plane)

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
but logically theres no reason you shouldnt be able to do that if you dont intend to use it as a weapon.

(bring a weapon on a plane)

Are you serious?

Forever Domon

carry your shotgun to go hunting in nebraska when you're taking a flight there, have your pocketknife on you that you use for utility stuff all the time, etc. Why not

Standard safety rules that apply anywhere else you would have it make sense there too. Dont go running down the aisle with your knife blade open, dont have your shotgun loaded. In this case, a grenade, thats kind of inherently dangerous no matter what state its in, so no, i wouldnt allow a grenade on a plane, but that doesnt apply to all weapons.