General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pepperochini

i get the feeling that la raza movement is behind this movement. You mostly see hispanics vouching for this shit. Poor illegals they just want to get an education boo hoo

what about this kid? too bad he can't hop over a border for a better living

I can only laugh in the people that give in to their gilt trip about furnishing illegals. Why don't we just build a fucking bridge from usa to every continent with automatic doors that open for 1 minute every 24 hours. This probably a better solution than our current immigration policy and would probably cost less.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD

I think we need to make it easier to come here and live. I'd love to say if you're a student coming here, get a degree and you can get a green card and then become a citizen. We would get the best and brightest from the world over and have them stay here.

How fucking retarded is it that we make them go home after?

Now understand if you want to come here and become a citizen, you put america first, I don't want you here if you're going to cling to your other country. Speak English and raise your kids to do so.

The other thing that pisses me off is I hear these redneck people talk about how the mexicans/etc send so much money back home. Fuck you rednecks, it's their money and they can do what ever the fuck they want with it, same as you can with yours.

If you want to come here and work, not being a burden to others, fucking A, and we should welcome you with open arms. To quote El presidentie Fox of mexico, "mexicans do jobs blacks won't do".

Now my plan is much easier if we eliminate federal welfare, and a bunch of other federal support programs. This eliminates the loafers that come here and live on welfare/food stamps.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
I have to read up on the CA version cause I'm only familiar with the national DREAM Act. In the meantime, enjoy:

I know that this is somewhat valid for educated workers.
I know foreigners who have earned PhD's here and want to stay but go into the lottery and are sent packing..
However... there must be something this infographic leaves out which somehow explains the multitudes of unskilled laborers around here with green cards. There are a lot.

Gibonius

That number is per country I believe.

pepperochini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
I think we need to make it easier to come here and live. I'd love to say if you're a student coming here, get a degree and you can get a green card and then become a citizen. We would get the best and brightest from the world over and have them stay here.

How fucking retarded is it that we make them go home after?

Now understand if you want to come here and become a citizen, you put america first, I don't want you here if you're going to cling to your other country. Speak English and raise your kids to do so.

The other thing that pisses me off is I hear these redneck people talk about how the mexicans/etc send so much money back home. Fuck you rednecks, it's their money and they can do what ever the fuck they want with it, same as you can with yours.

If you want to come here and work, not being a burden to others, fucking A, and we should welcome you with open arms. To quote El presidentie Fox of mexico, "mexicans do jobs blacks won't do".

Now my plan is much easier if we eliminate federal welfare, and a bunch of other federal support programs. This eliminates the loafers that come here and live on welfare/food stamps.

I have no respect for a president of a foreign country who is critical of US immigration policy when his own countries status is beyond fucked.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
I know that this is somewhat valid for educated workers.
I know foreigners who have earned PhD's here and want to stay but go into the lottery and are sent packing..
However... there must be something this infographic leaves out which somehow explains the multitudes of unskilled laborers around here with green cards. There are a lot.

Fake green card, or you really don't even need one. Wallmart and the like hire without checking, and if caught pay a tiny little fine.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
and who is pro-illegal immigration? some of us just realize the illegals are not the problem. Our own policies are.

Ever hear of E-verify?

why isn't it mandatory for all employers? because lobbyists don't want it to be, not because mexican day laborers had anything to do with it.

Exactly.

Illegal mexicans don't tell senators how to vote, Wallmart does.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Fake green card, or you really don't even need one. Wallmart and the like hire without checking, and if caught pay a tiny little fine.

The fine isn't small.
I used to write software for construction companies, including payroll tracking software.

Every new hire gets verified with the federal system.
The catch is that you are allowed to hire after you've submitted but you don't have to wait for result.

In a significant number of cases there was never any response from the program. In other cases it looked like the system automatically approved.

More than once, payroll clerks discovered multiple people with the same SSN.

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post
say that to the kids who grew up here LEGALLY at no fault of their own and are now $100k in debt, costs they will not be able to recuperate for a very very very long time.

That's their own damn fault. My girlfriend would be in that position if it weren't for the boundless generosity of her (pretty wealthy) parents.

No one forces you to go to college and study Greek mythology, or street juggling or any of the myriad useless things you can get a BA in these days. If you take out $100K in student loans and do that, and then can't find a job that pays well enough to pay off said loans afterwards, you have no one to blame but yourself, and to a MUCH lesser degree, your parents, for coddling you, and letting you think it's OK to get a degree in Greek Mythology.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post
I have no respect for a president of a foreign country who is critical of US immigration policy when his own countries status is beyond fucked.

US policy is one of the big reason his country is fucked. Far from the only reason, but the War on Drugs has been disastrous for Mexico.

niteroom2011

stop it completely

Financial aid for anyone is pretty stupid. Transferring income from one person to another by force. College is a scam...

DreamWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
I have to read up on the CA version cause I'm only familiar with the national DREAM Act. In the meantime, enjoy:

That graphic is all well and good, but probably a lot of in there. I know several people who have citizenship and it took nowhere near that long. Three are spouses of a couple buddies who met their wives abroad. One in Canada, so, that may not count, the other the Philippines, the other was Columbia. So, I don't see how it's six years minimum to citizenship if you're the spouse of a citizen. If that part is , how much else is too?

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
That graphic is all well and good, but probably a lot of in there. I know several people who have citizenship and it took nowhere near that long. Three are spouses of a couple buddies who met their wives abroad. One in Canada, so, that may not count, the other the Philippines, the other was Columbia. So, I don't see how it's six years minimum to citizenship if you're the spouse of a citizen. If that part is , how much else is too?

you probably just don't know the intricacies of what went on. i was married to a brazilian and it does indeed take that long before you are a citizen. you get work papers green card etc way sooner, but the entire process takes 6 years

DreamWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
you probably just don't know the intricacies of what went on. i was married to a brazilian and it does indeed take that long before you are a citizen. you get work papers green card etc way sooner, but the entire process takes 6 years
Possibly, I know it took a few years at least because the one friend's wife had to be here on and off every six months for a year or so before she could be here permanently. But, maybe they were a permanent legal resident for longer than I thought, which is pretty much a citizen without all the bells and whistles, citizen-lite, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Virginia has some of the more expensive state schools, and ain't nobody paying $20k+ a year to go to one. If it costs you $100k to get an in-state education, you either spent like eight years there, or you were doing some really nice drugs.
Oh, it can be done. My cousin went to school for education and racked up $100k in debt. Now she whines that she can't afford to buy a house because she's crippled by her student loans. Everyone but her parents told her what she was doing was stupid. "Ggo to a cheaper school, no one will care when you get out that you want to teach grade school with a prestigious degree from school x," the rest of us said. She didn't listen....

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

if she had to leave every 6 months they hadn't even applied yet, that's what tourist visas have to do