General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
The only thing he actually 'did' was give the go on the OBL pakistan raid. Other than that, what? Libya?


What else has he initiated?

how about the drone strikes in yemen?

or have you not been paying attention to the news recently?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:12 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#121  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson00 View Post
i dont follow politics very much. who would you guys say was our last great/good president? do you really think anything will change depending whos elected?

Eisenhower was a great president, and basically predicted our current predicament when he was leaving office: "Beware the military industrial complex"

JFK was another great president, plus he had a serious set of balls on him for a democrat

Clinton was the last great president that was in office during my lifetime IMO.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#122  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
Eisenhower was a great president, and basically predicted our current predicament when he was leaving office: "Beware the military industrial complex"
Agreed

Quote:
JFK was another great president, plus he had a serious set of balls on him for a democrat
Agreed (ironic considering the vitriol about marginal tax rates)

Quote:
Clinton was the last great president that was in office during my lifetime IMO.
lol@you here. Clinton was a smooth-talker who got lucky with the times. He's a liar and should have been given the boot when he was impeached.
__________________
09 F9
Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#123  

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable
 
Why_Ask_Why's Avatar
 
clinton is one of the smartest presidents we've ever had, ya dink. guy was a rhodes scholar.
__________________
Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:23 PM Why_Ask_Why is offline  
Reply With Quote
#124  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
clinton is one of the smartest presidents we've ever had, ya dink. guy was a rhodes scholar.



Why does that matter? I'm pretty sure that most people care about what choices he made for the country, not how smart he is/was. Then you can lump him in with the dum dums, he made it worse.
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 PM edplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#125  

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable
 
Why_Ask_Why's Avatar
 
what bad choices did he make? I'm not really aware of any. the country was incredibly prosperous under his presidency. going after the guy for getting a blow job was a BS witch hunt by shameless GOP morons
__________________
Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:28 PM Why_Ask_Why is offline  
Reply With Quote
#126  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
what bad choices did he make? I'm not really aware of any. the country was incredibly prosperous under his presidency. going after the guy for getting a blow job was a BS witch hunt by shameless GOP morons



Ask yourself what good choices did he make. Did the general conditions of infrastructure improve under him? Did he eliminate corporate influence over all (or any really) of the government agencies? How about the environment? Did we get cleaner air, water and soil with decisions he made?
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-27-2011, 03:33 PM edplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#127  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
and I don't care if he got a blowjob or not. The guy likes fat chicks. That is his problem.
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-27-2011, 03:35 PM edplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#128  

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable
 
Why_Ask_Why's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
Ask yourself what good choices did he make. Did the general conditions of infrastructure improve under him? Did he eliminate corporate influence over all (or any really) of the government agencies? How about the environment? Did we get cleaner air, water and soil with decisions he made?

guess your google must be broken
http://www.perkel.com/politics/clinton/accomp.htm
__________________
Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:41 PM Why_Ask_Why is offline  
Reply With Quote
#129  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
guess your google must be broken
http://www.perkel.com/politics/clinton/accomp.htm



Yeah, and I guess your brain must be broken.

I'm not saying that everything Clinton did was bad for America. That would be stupid/silly and that goes for everyone regardless if they are a democrat or republican.

Instead of linking a site of his "accomplishments" maybe you can write out what you think he specifically did to leave the country in better shape than when he entered office. At least cut n paste something. There will probably be lots of individual things that I would agree with (assuming you did a good job at this) but my point is that in totality, his choices did not improve America.
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-27-2011, 03:50 PM edplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#130  

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
Yeah, and I guess your brain must be broken.

I'm not saying that everything Clinton did was bad for America. That would be stupid/silly and that goes for everyone regardless if they are a democrat or republican.

Instead of linking a site of his "accomplishments" maybe you can write out what you think he specifically did to leave the country in better shape than when he entered office. At least cut n paste something. There will probably be lots of individual things that I would agree with (assuming you did a good job at this) but my point is that in totality, his choices did not improve America.

off the top of my head, he left us with a huge budget surplus
Old 10-27-2011, 04:01 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#131  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
and I don't care if he got a blowjob or not. The guy likes fat chicks. That is his problem.
the actual problem is that he's a liar.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:10 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#132  

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
lol@you here. Clinton was a smooth-talker who got lucky with the times. He's a liar and should have been given the boot when he was impeached.

Clinton is my choice for best president in my own lifetime. FYI I'm only 25.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:12 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#133  

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable
 
Why_Ask_Why's Avatar
 
the clinton administration was like god damned shangri-la compared to the last 11 years
__________________
Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM Why_Ask_Why is offline  
Reply With Quote
#134  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
what bad choices did he make? I'm not really aware of any. the country was incredibly prosperous under his presidency. going after the guy for getting a blow job was a BS witch hunt by shameless GOP morons

He did not respond strongly to radical-islamic challenges to US interests worldwide.
He oversaw the expansion of federal loan sponsorship.
He oversaw the repeal of Glass-Steagal (along with the rest of the myopic statists).
He oversaw the tech bubble which blew federal revenues up (then burst on his way out).
He supported long-term liabilities based on these windfall revenues (surplus? lol... how about massive increases in long-term spending requirements?)
He repeatedly lied to a grand jury about sex abuse of a 21-year-old staffer. Then, when caught, tried to weasel his way out of having lied rather than manning up and dealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
Clinton is my choice for best president in my own lifetime. FYI I'm only 25.

That's a pretty stupid metric then, isn't it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
off the top of my head, he left us with a huge budget surplus

I might challenge your use of the word "huge".
But you conveniently ignore the expansion of long-term liabilities and spending as a result of budget obligations made during the boom.
I also note that you forget to mention the Republican congress which forced a government shutdown in 1996 in order to reduce Clinton's desired spending levels. This lead to the "balance" in the following year. Notice that it still wasn't really a surplus or a balanced budget so I can't give Newt that much credit.
__________________
09 F9

Last edited by Zangmonkey; 10-27-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:53 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#135  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.