General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

teh scud

Republican Primates

BORKED

I couldn't decide between 'why you lol?' and the pit. But I figure we could use a thread to discuss the primaries.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

no thanks

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Herman Cain is tardarific

Forever Domon

All i know that during congressional elections not a single one of those fuckers who fucked up our budget for 9 months is getting voted back in.

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
BORKED

I couldn't decide between 'why you lol?' and the pit. But I figure we could use a thread to discuss the primaries.
wait, is this actually a real candidate?

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
wait, is this actually a real candidate?

That's the current frontrunner.

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
That's the current frontrunner.
so the GOP has gone from mostly retard to full raving lunatic?

And i say this as a republican.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Democrats have become the true centrists while Republicans have traveled so far to the right that they've traveled right off a cliff.

Gibonius

They actually showed the guy smoking at the end? Weird.

The Republican flavor of the week parade is going to keep on going for awhile. Odds are awfully high Romney is the one left standing at the end, he's the only one who hasn't proven to be tragically flawed. They're really not doing themselves any favors by having so many debates so early on, then starting the primaries early as well. People are not going to be energized by the results.

Rancidpunk666

Too bad Ron Paul is winning straw polls left and right yet no media shows any of the results.. Shiit even on Fox News website, they take republican online voting polls down if Ron Paul is winning.
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Shiit even on Fox News website, they take republican online voting polls down if Ron Paul is winning.

Probably justifiably, considering that the Paul people are quite open about mass-spamming that sort of poll.

JCviggen

If I didn't know any better I'd think I was watching a spoof ad by Parker&Stone or something. Pretty amazing how you can't really tell anymore whether these political ads are serious or a parody.

If any of these clowns gets elected it'll be a new low in terms of intelligent leadership.

Caelum

I like Herman Cain more than the rest mostly because he's not really a politician.
I'm a little scared of the 999 plan though. While it will bring my taxes down from 22 to 9...it wil raise my sales tax from 9.25 to 18.25....
AND by decreasing the taxing of the rich and super rich...maybe someone can give me some input here but:

If I made $100,000,000 a year, under the current tax system, I lose 34,000,000 to the government right off the top leaving me with 66,000,000 to buy shit and be taxed @ 9.25% on purchases.

But under the 999 plan, I have 100,000,000 - 9,000,000 leaving me with 91,000,000 to be taxed @ 18.25% on purchases. If I spend 100% of that, all 91,000,000 on purchases, the government only gets 16,607,500. Totaling 25.6 mil. A net loss for the government of 9 mil.

I dont see how thats good. Maybe theres more to it than merely that. I've read the plan, but I don't know what all goes into the tax system. Maybe closing the IRS and its, what does it cost, several billion a year, will close the gap there but I dont know.

EDIT:

I guess the massive increase in revenue from the middle class will bring it up...maybe....has anyone done a study to see how it could work out?

/EDIT

I do agree 100% though with him and Perry about how a fence isn't the answer on the Mexican border and I was really glad to hear what Perry said in the last debate. The other politicians want to wash their hands of it and build a 10 year 20 billion dollar fence that won't stop everything. The smugglers are using tunnels and fucking ultralights...how will a fence stop that???? You need drones flying, more CBP responding. Its not as easy as a wall...
Yes a fence will help, most definitely, but its not going to make the problem go away.
Cain said in the debate he wants to make it easier to get citizenship which would be nice I suppose. I'm sure that's why some people do it illegally, because its too damn complicated legally. But there again, it wont stop everything. I watched a nat geo special on MS13 and when they get deported, they said they'd just come back in. Maybe a fence will slow it down.

I wish they'd talk to Ron Paul more. I like him the most because you can just tell he HATES politicians who spit rhetoric. It just seems like he has such drive, he's so pissed What did someone say about him? he's the favorite politician who'll never win the election

I liked what that dumb bitch said when she said English should be our national language.

She has 0 chance and should just stop showing up

I think its going to be between Romney and Cain in the end

I would vote for a ticket with Allen West on it somewhere

Oh and thank goodness Palin decided not to muddy the waters with her dumb ass

To the OP...wtf is that commercial Cain....WTF?

Last edited by Caelum; 10-25-2011 at 07:19 AM..

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCviggen View Post
If I didn't know any better I'd think I was watching a spoof ad by Parker&Stone or something. Pretty amazing how you can't really tell anymore whether these political ads are serious or a parody.

If any of these clowns gets elected it'll be a new low in terms of intelligent leadership.

Colbert recently announced his support for Cain -- if Cain is making joke ads for himself, where does that leave Colbert?

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I like Herman Cain more than the rest mostly because he's not really a politician.
I'm a little scared of the 999 plan though. While it will bring my taxes down from 22 to 9...it wil raise my sales tax from 9.25 to 18.25....
AND by decreasing the taxing of the rich and super rich...maybe someone can give me some input here but:

If I made $100,000,000 a year, under the current tax system, I lose 34,000,000 to the government right off the top leaving me with 66,000,000 to buy shit and be taxed @ 9.25% on purchases.

But under the 999 plan, I have 100,000,000 - 9,000,000 leaving me with 91,000,000 to be taxed @ 18.25% on purchases. If I spend 100% of that, all 91,000,000 on purchases, the government only gets 16,607,500. Totaling 25.6 mil. A net loss for the government of 9 mil.

I dont see how thats good. Maybe theres more to it than merely that. I've read the plan, but I don't know what all goes into the tax system. Maybe closing the IRS and its, what does it cost, several billion a year, will close the gap there but I dont know.

EDIT:

I guess the massive increase in revenue from the middle class will bring it up...maybe....has anyone done a study to see how it could work out?

/EDIT

The idea behind the plan is that by essentially giving money to the "job creators" (see millionaires and billionaires), they will create more middle class jobs which will expand the tax base and make up for it. The only problem is that we've been doing this since the 80's and incomes have stagnated or declined, middle class jobs have been shipped overseas in the name of higher profit margins, all the while the "job creators" get richer and richer. It's Reaganomics on steroids.