General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
The idea behind the plan is that by essentially giving money to the "job creators" (see millionaires and billionaires), they will create more middle class jobs which will expand the tax base and make up for it. The only problem is that we've been doing this since the 80's and incomes have stagnated or declined, middle class jobs have been shipped overseas in the name of higher profit margins, all the while the "job creators" get richer and richer. It's Reaganomics on steroids.

Government has been intervening in credit markets and sponsoring enterprise, creating bubbles rather than mitigating them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
Government has been intervening in credit markets and sponsoring enterprise, creating bubbles rather than mitigating them.

You lost?

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
You lost?

Nope.
McCain erroneously blames marginal tax rates for wage stagnation.

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Oh and thank goodness Palin decided not to muddy the waters with her dumb ass

Just for THIS election.

What worries me, is that nobody's going to remember from past elections, much in the manner like Reagan didn't quit when he ran in 68, again in 76, and finally again in 1980. He kept coming back. Something tells me Palin ain't out of the picture altogether...She's still relatively young, and regardless of how clueless she makes herself out to be, she's had to have taken some note of what's happened since the past election.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

teh scud

Quote:
Nope.
McCain erroneously blames marginal tax rates for wage stagnation.

And you're blaming it (seemingly) entirely on bubbles?

Zangmonkey

Quote:
And you're blaming it (seemingly) entirely on bubbles?

Nope, but government sponsored unsustainable credit played a very significant role.

teh scud

Quote:
Nope, but government sponsored unsustainable credit played a very significant role.
Well we were talking about the causes of wage stagnation but I assume you're saying "government sponsored unsustainable credit played a very significant role [in creating bubbles]."

As far as I can tell, that credit was something these banks wanted very much -- they were lobbying to be able to operate with larger and larger leverage ratios. You're essentially blaming the government for giving the corporations too much of what they wanted.... or in other words, there was too much deregulation.

Corporations are notorious for putting short term profits over long term stability. It is pretty easy to see that when you let them run wild, they'll run hard until they crash. Guys at the top driving these corporations are never getting hurt -- they earn millions even when their business is losing money, so they see no reason to stop taking these risks. Everyone else acts as the crumple zones.

This is better suited for the Occupy thread, so perhaps you should put your next reply to me there.

Killer_B

Quote:
Corporations are notorious for putting short term profits over long term stability. It is pretty easy to see that when you let them run wild, they'll run hard until they crash. Guys at the top driving these corporations are never getting hurt -- they earn millions even when their business is losing money, so they see no reason to stop taking these risks.

They're not getting hurt, since they know they can go and plow the economy into the shitter at mach eleventy billion:

"Hey, the Government will bail us out. They always have. They always will. And they'll do it again, once our next scheme tanks within another decade. We'll double dip again by shorting the dollar...Pssht. It's banned? We get what we want. We do what we want. What we want, is to have a permanent tax holiday, to 0% in the states so our profit margins go sky high one more time, once and for all. Fuck everyone else."

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

Zangmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
They're not getting hurt, since they know they can go and plow the economy into the shitter at mach eleventy billion:

"Hey, the Government will bail us out. They always have. They always will. And they'll do it again, once our next scheme tanks within another decade. We'll double dip again by shorting the dollar...Pssht. It's banned? We get what we want. We do what we want. What we want, is to have a permanent tax holiday, to 0% in the states so our profit margins go sky high one more time, once and for all. Fuck everyone else."

You don't know how shorting works.

teh scud

Killer_B

Quote:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You know what? That's what I'd be plastering all over the political ads that are going to be swarming us over the next 12-14 months, as being indicitive of what the GOP/TeaTards have been, if not become. That's literally what I picture Newt/Michalle doing when they get home, off camera. Shit, throw Perry in the mix too while he's closet banging Mitt.

Kindly picture a congress, let alone any of the Newtsie's sitting in the oval office, shrieking like that in unison.

This is the same sort of thing that he complained about in the 90's too, btw...That the minorities were going to take over the country.

I don't buy it, when the GOP has all the power, they've got all the guns, they sure as fuck have got all the money.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

He looks like he's about to sexually harass me...

Killer_B

Quote:

He looks like he's about to sexually harass me...

Pizza PThursday!

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Democrats have become the true centrists while Republicans have traveled so far to the right that they've traveled right off a cliff.

we have already had democrats cry for the free speech rights of NAMBLA to post lists of which parents are willing to rent out the asses of their 9 year old boys.

Cry against any enforcement of any restriction on illegal aliens.

Hardly what I would call centrists.

That song been played too much.

In reaction people are willing to swing almost as far right as they were left.

It is sad that even though I dont see a candidate from the republican or independent party I would want to vote for, I still have to vote against Obama. I like that cuban guy but he wont run. (rubio) Maybe he could be picked as vice pres for Bloated Pig and hope Bloated Pig has a coronary in week three.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 11-24-2011 at 01:48 AM..

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

My comment about the republican primaries is: Hooray for 4 more years of Obama...