>liberal
>logic

crime rates are at historical lows.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Obama is a total moron. He blames Bush for everything. He has almost finished his term. It is time for Obama to take responsibility for what HE did to this country. Now I may be a bit biased because I am right wing though.

What did he do to the country? Most of our problems are left over from bush.

Iraq - 1.2 trillion dollars, all debt because it was never put on budget under bush - Obama put it on budget
Afghanistan - another trillion dollars, never put on budget - Obama put it on the budget
Bush Tax cuts- 3.5 trillion in deficits already + 4 trillion more over the next decade because the republicans never cut spending
Medicare part D - a trillion more dollars in deficit spending over a decade - Obama passed health care reform that cut some medicare costs

Those are all leftover Bush era policies. What has Obama done?

Auto Bailouts - All money paid back and the american automakers are doing great again. - ended up costing us nothing and saving us millions of jobs.
Stimulus package - a third of this was more tax cuts - $800 billion. despite what republicans say, we went from losing 750,000 jobs a month when obama took office to creating almost 3 million jobs since feb 2010.
While repubs are screaming about how Obama has grown government, what actually happened is that 600,000+ government jobs have been lost since obama took office.

So, what exactly is Obama supposed to take responsibility for? His only major spending was the stimulus package and republicans in congress refuse to raise taxes, even on those who can most easily afford it. The president doesn't control spending, congress does. There's not much he can do about the deficit, especially when the republicans in congress oppose EVERYTHING he proposes.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Just saw this thread and back to the 90k a year.

It seems to me just about the time the government took over student loan programs, any career you choose you're going to make a starting salary of 50-100k a year. That's hog wash. These liberal higher learning institutions have brainwashed these kids into thinking they are entitled into having a good paying job. Right out of school I had a job making about 18k a year. I had an apartment, I had a car, I had a motorcycle, I had bills and debt. I paid every single bill and payment on time. Yeah, not as much as I should but that's because I was an idiot 21 year old who blew money on strip clubs, booze and drugs, but here I am at 26 95% out of the debt I was in, I'm living in a condo not an apartment. I still pay all my bills on time, I still have my bike and car and of course I gave up on the women and drugs, (my wife (in 1 week) wouldn't be too happy about the other women) but we live a good lifestyle, I'm barely making more money than I did 5 years ago, and she makes about 5k a year more than me but combined we're doing alright.

You just got to get over the self-rightousness and swallow your pride. Give up your fucking 90 dollar a month cell phone plan, and your ipad and computer your super fast internet. We're not guarenteed shit in this country EXCEPT the pursuit of happiness. And it's the pursuit, you don't have to go get it you don't even want it, but if you do it's there and you go out and get it.

But even in my poor as shit days racking up stuff on credit cards, yet still making all my payments I never felt entitled to shit. I went to work every day, At least 3 days a week I would work 7 am until 11 pm just so I could have more money. My boss thought I was nuts, but he didn't care because being on commison/flatrate the more I worked the more money I made him. And before I had that job I worked at McDonalds, I worked 3am until 11:30am. Why? because you made 12 dollars an hour compared to 8 an hour by going in at 3am to unload the truck every morning. And what did I do from 7pm until 12am? I cleaned a building for my cousins' cleaning company? Why? To make fucking ends meet.

These pricks known as OWS need to get a job, be a janitor, flip burgers, be a courier. Just swallow your fucking cum and get over yourself.

I dated a girl who's dad worked construction and he was laid off every year from december until march?
I asked him well why don't you instead of laying around the house irritating your wife and daughters get a job for those few months?

his response always was, i get bigger unemployment checks than if I would go flip burgers.. And this was back in 2004/2005. What a prick that guy was. But Oh well.

If I was single, could go out apply for 15 jobs today and have interviews for 15 of them and get offered all 15 if I wanted, why? because I'm willing to work at a gas station from 11pm until 7am or mcdoanlds from 3am until 11am so I could have more money. But I have some what paid my due's in the workforce and with my income and my future wifes income I don't have to work 2 jobs anymore, nor would I want to because she's my best friend and we like spending time together.

It's really very simple. There are plenty of Jobs out there. It's all a matter of not being a lazy piece of shit who rather has the "government" take care of them.

"A Government powerful to give you everything, is powerful enough to take it all away."

The government didn't "take over student loans". They were always involved. What they did was cut out the middlemen, the banks, who took government money to make student loans and then charged interest and fees on top of that. All that is different now is the banks don't get a cut for being useless middlemen.

Also, there are no jobs to swallow your pride and take, dingus. That's the fucking problem. There's millions more people looking for work than there are available jobs.

Quote:
I dated a girl who's dad worked construction and he was laid off every year from december until march?
Yeah, that's called WINTER genius. Most construction jobs cease during winter.

Seriously, you act as though unemployment insurance and student loans are what got us into the financial mess the country is in. that is absurd.

Last edited by pyramid; 01-21-2012 at 05:09 AM..

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
The government didn't "take over student loans". They were always involved. What they did was cut out the middlemen, the banks, who took government money to make student loans and then charged interest and fees on top of that. All that is different now is the banks don't get a cut for being useless middlemen.

government insured loans that don't go away when you file for bankruptcy have caused tuition to sky rocket. we've been over this.

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

Also, there are no jobs to swallow your pride and take, dingus. That's the fucking problem. There's millions more people looking for work than there are available jobs.

Yeah, that's called WINTER genius. Most construction jobs cease during winter.

Seriously, you act as though unemployment insurance and student loans are what got us into the financial mess the country is in. that is absurd.

pretty frightening that he can vote and there are over 100 million out there just as uninformed

Gibonius

Quote:
We're not guarenteed shit in this country EXCEPT the pursuit of happiness. And it's the pursuit, you don't have to go get it you don't even want it, but if you do it's there and you go out and get it.
We're guaranteed a lot of stuff, actually. Everything in the Bill of Rights and then all the subsequent amendments. You know what's not in there? The pursuit of happiness. That's in the Declaration of Independence.

Quote:
These pricks known as OWS need to get a job, be a janitor, flip burgers, be a courier. Just swallow your fucking cum and get over yourself.
There's something like 30 million unemployed people in the country. You think there are 30 million McJobs sitting around? There was a job fair around here for that type of entry level position; a cashier job at 7/11 got 1100 applicants.

Quote:
his response always was, i get bigger unemployment checks than if I would go flip burgers.. And this was back in 2004/2005. What a prick that guy was. But Oh well.
He's a prick for utilizing unemployment exactly the way it's designed? Pretty much every seasonal worker does that, they pay into the system all year then get some of it back when they aren't working.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Whats that? Clinton inherited a thriving economy that he managed to kill off in 8 years and handed that and hand off the most significant terrorist attack that was in motion for 5 years ( because he killed the intelligence service ability to use "bad guys" to infiltrate and provide info on enemy plans)to Bush, so of course everything is Bush's fault(because he is republican) and of course anything that happened during Obama's not yet finished term is of course Bush's fault because you of course cant blame any democrat for anything no matter what direction the time arrow flows.

So to recap. Clinton is not responsible for his actions because Bush was going to get elected and Obama is not responsible for any of his actions because Bush was responsible for Clintons actions.

I can see things from the dem point of view now that I stuck my head that far up my ass.

TheMorlock

Whats that? Clinton inherited a thriving economy that he managed to kill off in 8 years and handed that and hand off the most significant terrorist attack that was in motion for 5 years ( because he killed the intelligence service ability to use "bad guys" to infiltrate and provide info on enemy plans)to Bush, so of course everything is Bush's fault(because he is republican) and of course anything that happened during Obama's not yet finished term is of course Bush's fault because you of course cant blame any democrat for anything no matter what direction the time arrow flows.

So to recap. Clinton is not responsible for his actions because Bush was going to get elected and Obama is not responsible for any of his actions because Bush was responsible for Clintons actions.

I can see things from the dem point of view now that I stuck my head that far up my ass.

teh scud

Wow

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Just saw this thread and back to the 90k a year.

It seems to me just about the time the government took over student loan programs, any career you choose you're going to make a starting salary of 50-100k a year. That's hog wash. These liberal higher learning institutions have brainwashed these kids into thinking they are entitled into having a good paying job. Right out of school I had a job making about 18k a year. I had an apartment, I had a car, I had a motorcycle, I had bills and debt. I paid every single bill and payment on time. Yeah, not as much as I should but that's because I was an idiot 21 year old who blew money on strip clubs, booze and drugs, but here I am at 26 95% out of the debt I was in, I'm living in a condo not an apartment. I still pay all my bills on time, I still have my bike and car and of course I gave up on the women and drugs, (my wife (in 1 week) wouldn't be too happy about the other women) but we live a good lifestyle, I'm barely making more money than I did 5 years ago, and she makes about 5k a year more than me but combined we're doing alright.

You just got to get over the self-rightousness and swallow your pride. Give up your fucking 90 dollar a month cell phone plan, and your ipad and computer your super fast internet. We're not guarenteed shit in this country EXCEPT the pursuit of happiness. And it's the pursuit, you don't have to go get it you don't even want it, but if you do it's there and you go out and get it.

But even in my poor as shit days racking up stuff on credit cards, yet still making all my payments I never felt entitled to shit. I went to work every day, At least 3 days a week I would work 7 am until 11 pm just so I could have more money. My boss thought I was nuts, but he didn't care because being on commison/flatrate the more I worked the more money I made him. And before I had that job I worked at McDonalds, I worked 3am until 11:30am. Why? because you made 12 dollars an hour compared to 8 an hour by going in at 3am to unload the truck every morning. And what did I do from 7pm until 12am? I cleaned a building for my cousins' cleaning company? Why? To make fucking ends meet.

I asked him well why don't you instead of laying around the house irritating your wife and daughters get a job for those few months?

If I was single, could go out apply for 15 jobs today and have interviews for 15 of them and get offered all 15 if I wanted, why? because I'm willing to work at a gas station from 11pm until 7am or mcdoanlds from 3am until 11am so I could have more money. But I have some what paid my due's in the workforce and with my income and my future wifes income I don't have to work 2 jobs anymore, nor would I want to because she's my best friend and we like spending time together.

It's really very simple. There are plenty of Jobs out there. It's all a matter of not being a lazy piece of shit who rather has the "government" take care of them.

"A Government powerful to give you everything, is powerful enough to take it all away."

You are missing the point - flipping burgers is a first time job for teenagers. What we need are real careers. You can't actually live on minimum wage unless you live with others, aka soviet communal apartment style or as it is referred to here "having roommates"

We need real jobs, real industries. Not a bunch of wars nobody wants to participate in or fund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
The laughable thing is that you're right.

The scary thing is that you're right.

So basically Obama wins because he is just slightly less retarded and fucked up then the repubtards selected to go against him.

That's a "Yeah our guy won against their best retard! We should celebr- Oh Wait........" moment in action

The lesser of two evils is not a concept I am against. You very rarely have a perfect situation on your hands in life. Personally if old man Paul wasn't psycho about turning USA inside out he'd have my support. He's one of the few that clearly sees our foreign military involvement is a huge, pointless drain on our society. Then after making so much sense in one area he hauls off and starts talking about tripling the sales tax and other nonsense.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

Yes, you obviously are.

[H]ard|On

Good one. Stop gulping down Reagan jizz and wallowing in republican fantasies.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Good one. Stop gulping down Reagan jizz and wallowing in republican fantasies.

As an independent I am not wallowing in republican fantasies, sofa kings like you just think I am because I wont wallow in democrat ones.

It is such a fact that the rocketing economy Clinton inherited had gone bust by the end of his term do to government actions that the DAY after Bush got elected a dem congressman started blaming the failing economy on him as president elect.

It is Fact that the 9/11 was on the ground in the US 4 years before Bush got elected.

If Clinton had done his job the way dems fantasize that dem presidents succeed as only dem presidents can, then the economy would not have been collapsing and there would not have been the 9/11 attack to let the republicans "use as an excuse" to "kill brown people for no reason"

Get clintons dick out of your mouth and obama's out of your ass.

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Get clintons dick out of your mouth and obama's out of your ass. Then I'll ram mine in. I will FUCK the liberalism out of you until you call me daddy, and then tell me that you love me.

So where does Nixon fit into all of this?

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.