General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Corporations and unions sucked it out? Not quite following you - considering unions are fighting corporations and corporations fight unions - it's just that the unions don't serve the purpose they were made to do anymore.

Unions are only as good as the local running them.

Let's just say that I've seen a couple of examples where bringing in unions actually got integrated into a big box like WalMart in select locations; Things got no better, and even became worse in some situations, because the local running it was an idiot; Wouldn't amaze me if they were getting kickbacks from Walmart to make it that way.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Phil Taylor
I'll be back

he's got an even more moronic sounding name than George Bush.

you knew dubya was an idiot before you even saw him, let's be honest. hello there i'm george w. bush the second, and my daddy already told you what to do.

nigga, you just made me click "go advanced"...

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
he's got an even more moronic sounding name than George Bush.

you knew dubya was an idiot before you even saw him, let's be honest. hello there i'm george w. bush the second, and my daddy already told you what to do.

It was difficult to picture him as being anything other than a spoiled frat boy trying DESPERATELY trying to get on the College Debate Team or something, while he was campaigning.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

MooK

Re: the 90k comment.

From my perspective, the outrage amongst the general public has more to do with the standards of living and the cost of living, in regards to finding steady employment, rather than a purported necessity to acquire a high-paying, easy job. Everyone wants a high-paying, easy job, but that's not realistic--and the intelligent population realizes that.

Gas has risen, what 400% in a little over a decade? In the same time frame, AIER states that the cost of living increased some 30%.

Shouldn't our system be getting better, correcting itself or being corrected by our government if need be, and insuring that the so-called majority can at least afford to live within the system?

What about college graduates? High levels of debt, a fairly low chance of acquiring steady work that can not only help you pay off that debt--but also keep you living. In Detroit, it's not that uncommon to find people working for free just to get experience on their resume/cv.

I think it really boils down to: why be part of a system that has the potential to gimp you before you're even able to give it a good try? And so people blame the groups who are consistently within the highest tier, and who appear to control all money--Wall Street.

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
I think it really boils down to: why be part of a system that has the potential to gimp you before you're even able to give it a good try? And so people blame the groups who are consistently within the highest tier, and who appear to control all money--Wall Street.

To further elaborate on this, while perhaps Wall Street on a whole can't be lumped in with being money grubbing fiends, there have been more than a select few that effectively got stark raving rich by betting on derivatives that caused the last crash in 08, which WAS NOT DECLARED ILLEGAL at that time. Geinther? Hank Paulson? Both of em got mad bank out of this....Either through their own accounts, or donations by their Sachs (asshole) buddies.

Not technically illegal, but most sources have admitted that it was definitely shady and underhanded. Then, declaring they need the taxpayer to bail their scamming asses out of the fire.

I think the best manner to explain what the movement was meant to communicate, is to get all the $$$$$$$ out of government. Til that happens, hope everyone enjoys getting Koch'd and Sach'd up the ass, repeatedly.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
It's funny, you aren't any less blind then they are. You once again completely ignore the fact that there MUST be a lower class. There isn't an option. How big that lower class is though, is entirely dependent on what you make of yourself in combination with current events that ultimately can't be controlled.
There must always be a differentiation in types of labour and their value, but the lower class as it exists in the US is not some natural or inevitable state. The middle class in first world countries is mostly a result of historical circumstances and exploitation of the global working class and in the 21st century the first world nations are slowly seeing a return to more historically normal class relations (that is that the middle class is slowly shrinking).

Quote:
What the fuck is "The American Dream"? Does anyone understand what that means anymore ?
No

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Corporations and unions sucked it out? Not quite following you - considering unions are fighting corporations and corporations fight unions - it's just that the unions don't serve the purpose they were made to do anymore.
There are still lots of exploited workers even in the US so no, there definitely is still a purpose for unions and even in relatively well paying sectors they still have uses for the workers.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
What the fuck is "The American Dream"? Does anyone understand what that means anymore ?

I can tell you what it would be for me:

A good job that is stable, has great benefits (health insurance, retirement, etc) and allows me to buy a home and support a wife and kids while being able to afford a few toys.

In all fairness, if I ever get thous things, I'm sure I'll hate every minute of it, but it's something to dream about....

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
There must always be a differentiation in types of labour and their value, but the lower class as it exists in the US is not some natural or inevitable state. The middle class in first world countries is mostly a result of historical circumstances and exploitation of the global working class and in the 21st century the first world nations are slowly seeing a return to more historically normal class relations (that is that the middle class is slowly shrinking).

No

excellent point bolded

5ive

Speaking of the shrinking middle class: Census data: Half of U.S. poor or low income
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
Re: the 90k comment.

From my perspective, the outrage amongst the general public has more to do with the standards of living and the cost of living, in regards to finding steady employment, rather than a purported necessity to acquire a high-paying, easy job. Everyone wants a high-paying, easy job, but that's not realistic--and the intelligent population realizes that.

Gas has risen, what 400% in a little over a decade? In the same time frame, AIER states that the cost of living increased some 30%.

Shouldn't our system be getting better, correcting itself or being corrected by our government if need be, and insuring that the so-called majority can at least afford to live within the system?

What about college graduates? High levels of debt, a fairly low chance of acquiring steady work that can not only help you pay off that debt--but also keep you living. In Detroit, it's not that uncommon to find people working for free just to get experience on their resume/cv.

we had dollar gas in the late 70's it's under 4 a gallon here in NY where gasoline tax comes to 37 cents a gallon. So no, it has not increased 400% in a decade.

What about college grads? Their plans not working out like they thought cant afford double mocha latte at starbucks any more? Tough titty.

Government involvement? How the fuck do you think things got like this? When you have three bureaucrats for every seven people on some government freebie program you run out of people actually producing wealth.

hider

Gingrich for 2012, checking in yo

Suicide King

posting without working or bathing

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by hider View Post
Gingrich for 2012, checking in yo

Please, I'm trying to eat here.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato