General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Yah they are gonna come and charge me for typing that lol.

The secret service does tend to take that shit pretty seriously.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Jamma View Post
Say what what you will about Hitler, he did after all kill Hitler.

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
For what?

ObamaCare for one. He was Born in Kenya for two. He studied and embraced communism. Not to mention that he talked about change. I don't see any change except change for the worse.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:53 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
ObamaCare for one. He was Born in Kenya for two. He studied and embraced communism. Not to mention that he talked about change. I don't see any change except change for the worse.

Why would you hate Obamacare? You don't like having health insurance or you like paying more for it?

lol, his kenyan birth has been so thoroughly debunked at this point you have to have the IQ of a dumb rock to still believe that nonsense.

lol, communism... Well if Allan Keyes said it, it must be true. You do realize that nonsense is based on the fact that obama met a poet named Frank Marshall Davis and remarked in his book about how he liked the mans poetry.

How has your life changed for the worse because of Obama?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Why would you hate Obamacare? You don't like having health insurance or you like paying more for it?

lol what

all obamacare does is mandate that you buy insurance from private companies. you've admitted taht yoursself around the time it was passed. you're such a shill...
__________________
lol
Old 01-26-2012, 05:54 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
It does a lot more than that...

It also requires insurance companies to spend 80 cents of every dollar you give them on actual benefits instead of bonuses, advertising and overhead.

It allows college age kids up to 26 to stay on their parents insurance.

It ended recision. Where you pay for insurance but as soon as you actually try to use that insurance they drop your ass.

It ended the doughnut hole for seniors on medicare buying drugs and reduced their costs to doctors.

It created health care exchanges with benchmarks on health care plans.

"Obamacare" is a lot more than just an individual mandate to buy health insurance. It's not perfect but it's not the Obamination so many make it out to be.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Gibonius
 
Big one that you missed, it made it so insurance companies can't deny you for pre-existing conditions.

It really doesn't do much of anything to address costs, which is a BIG problem, but it's an improvement over the shitfest we had.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:15 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
right, removing preexisting conditions was a big one. thank you.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-26-2012, 06:22 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
It does a lot more than that...

It also requires insurance companies to spend 80 cents of every dollar you give them on actual benefits instead of bonuses, advertising and overhead.

It allows college age kids up to 26 to stay on their parents insurance.

It ended recision. Where you pay for insurance but as soon as you actually try to use that insurance they drop your ass.

It ended the doughnut hole for seniors on medicare buying drugs and reduced their costs to doctors.

It created health care exchanges with benchmarks on health care plans.

"Obamacare" is a lot more than just an individual mandate to buy health insurance. It's not perfect but it's not the Obamination so many make it out to be.

guarantee them customers BY LAW with certain provisions that doesn't completely fuck them over.

it's like having your rapist wear a condom after he paid the cop patrolling the area to look the other way.

stop making pretend it's some huge triumph for the democrats and not more thinly veiled pro corporate crap.
__________________
lol
Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Why would you hate Obamacare? You don't like having health insurance or you like paying more for it?

lol, his kenyan birth has been so thoroughly debunked at this point you have to have the IQ of a dumb rock to still believe that nonsense.

lol, communism... Well if Allan Keyes said it, it must be true. You do realize that nonsense is based on the fact that obama met a poet named Frank Marshall Davis and remarked in his book about how he liked the mans poetry.

How has your life changed for the worse because of Obama?
You dun been trolled hard.

I hope..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 01-26-2012, 07:12 PM joemama is online now  
Reply With Quote
#25  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
guarantee them customers BY LAW with certain provisions that doesn't completely fuck them over.

it's like having your rapist wear a condom after he paid the cop patrolling the area to look the other way.

stop making pretend it's some huge triumph for the democrats and not more thinly veiled pro corporate crap.
Not much different than being forced to buy auto insurance by nearly all 50 states. That works about as well as restrictive gun laws imo....costs go up for those who play by the rules, while a good percentage continue to drive without.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 01-26-2012, 07:18 PM joemama is online now  
Reply With Quote
#26  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
guarantee them customers BY LAW with certain provisions that doesn't completely fuck them over.

it's like having your rapist wear a condom after he paid the cop patrolling the area to look the other way.

stop making pretend it's some huge triumph for the democrats and not more thinly veiled pro corporate crap.

If we didn't get single payer or even a chance to buy into medicare, this was the only way to get everyone covered so we can bring down costs by having everyone in the risk pool. You and everyone else pay for the uninsured through higher taxes and higher costs on your own insurance. Having everyone covered will reduce those costs. Like I said, it's far from ideal but at least we got some badly needed protections that should have never been missing from our health care in the first place.

It was a pretty big give away to the insurers but that makes it all the more entertaining when retards call it a socialist takeover. Maybe when people are used to everyone being covered and not being denied health care for trivial reasons they will be more willing to demand further reforms including universal single payer.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You dun been trolled hard.

I hope..

I think I have, he keeps repeating the same crap and then never backing it up. I just wanted to call him out on it once to see what he says.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
If we didn't get single payer or even a chance to buy into medicare, this was the only way to get everyone covered so we can bring down costs by having everyone in the risk pool. You and everyone else pay for the uninsured through higher taxes and higher costs on your own insurance. Having everyone covered will reduce those costs. Like I said, it's far from ideal but at least we got some badly needed protections that should have never been missing from our health care in the first place.

It was a pretty big give away to the insurers but that makes it all the more entertaining when retards call it a socialist takeover. Maybe when people are used to everyone being covered and not being denied health care for trivial reasons they will be more willing to demand further reforms including universal single payer.

[citation needed] on those reduced costs. i haven't read about any and i can't really imagine them becoming that much cheaper.
__________________
lol
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
[citation needed] on those reduced costs.
As someone mentioned above, costs weren't really addressed in Obamacare. Whenever someone gets reduced costs, (or free) that usually means someone else has to make up the difference.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM joemama is online now  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.