General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
^^i'm not totally opposed to socialized healthcare, just to be clear. i just hate disingenuous by democrats making pretend that the bill doesn't benefit health insurance companies by far while giving some scraps to the common man.whatever money they lost by no longer being allowed to refuse coverage they made up by all the new customers that are forced to buy from them now.
__________________
lol
Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
[citation needed] on those reduced costs. i haven't read about any and i can't really imagine them becoming that much cheaper.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6193180_do...ninsured_.html
http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...iddentax_N.htm
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
ObamaCare for one. He was Born in Kenya for two. He studied and embraced communism. Not to mention that he talked about change. I don't see any change except change for the worse.

Being born in another country is grounds for being murdered? Interesting perspective.

Embracing certain communist principles isn't wrong even if he did. So did FDR

Public healthcare is something this country needs to work on, period, so why not start now?
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
It
It allows college age kids up to 26 to stay on their parents insurance.

It ended recision. Where you pay for insurance but as soon as you actually try to use that insurance they drop your ass.

.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
it made it so insurance companies can't deny you for pre-existing conditions.
.


These things alone are enough to justify the changes.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Why would you hate Obamacare? You don't like having health insurance or you like paying more for it?

lol, his kenyan birth has been so thoroughly debunked at this point you have to have the IQ of a dumb rock to still believe that nonsense.

lol, communism... Well if Allan Keyes said it, it must be true. You do realize that nonsense is based on the fact that obama met a poet named Frank Marshall Davis and remarked in his book about how he liked the mans poetry.

How has your life changed for the worse because of Obama?

No I don't think that my tax dollars should pay for health care for people that refuse to get a job. If you want health care go get a job, and get a health care plan just like everyone else does.
Obamas sister said that he was born in Kenya along with his grandmother. So that is proof enough for me that he was not born in this country.
My life has changed for the worse in the last three years from me being paid less and doing more work. The tax coming out of my pay check has become more in the last three years.
I do not see Obama doing anything but trying to feed us the same BS. I will change this. It is time for change. I do not see any change from Obama other than bad change.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Being born in another country is grounds for being murdered? Interesting perspective.

Embracing certain communist principles isn't wrong even if he did. So did FDR

Public healthcare is something this country needs to work on, period, so why not start now?

No being born in Kenya is grounds for his dumb ass being out of office. FDR was also an idiot. As I said in my previous comment. My tax dollars shouldn't go to paying for some lazy asses health care that doesn't want to get a job.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
No being born in Kenya is grounds for his dumb ass being out of office. FDR was also an idiot. As I said in my previous comment. My tax dollars shouldn't go to paying for some lazy asses health care that doesn't want to get a job.

Out of office and dead are different things. Also it sounds like you don't understand what "obamacare" really is or how it works.

Would you rather your tax dollars go towards occupying three different underdeveloped countries somewhere in the middle east?
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 01-27-2012, 03:32 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Gibonius
 
Guess Who is just an awful poster. Not even a good troll.

Quote:
My life has changed for the worse in the last three years from me being paid less and doing more work. The tax coming out of my pay check has become more in the last three years.
How interesting, since federal tax rates haven't gone up. Maybe you're just too stupid to do your taxes correctly.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:00 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Out of office and dead are different things. Also it sounds like you don't understand what "obamacare" really is or how it works.

Would you rather your tax dollars go towards occupying three different underdeveloped countries somewhere in the middle east?

Obama has done nothing to help this country in the past three years unless of course you are black or one of his liberal butt buddies. Personally I don't care if he gets impeached or shot. As long as he is out of office. Obamacare is a crack of shit. I am not paying for anyones health care but my own.
Speaking of wars with undeveloped countries in the middle east. Obama is the one that tried to start a war with Lybia. That was uncalled for. No reason to go into that country. Not to mention the little ass wipe apologizes to the whole world. That only weakens this country. It doesn't help us.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Obama has done nothing to help this country in the past three years unless of course you are black or one of his liberal butt buddies. Personally I don't care if he gets impeached or shot. As long as he is out of office. Obamacare is a crack of shit. I am not paying for anyones health care but my own.
Speaking of wars with undeveloped countries in the middle east. Obama is the one that tried to start a war with Lybia. That was uncalled for. No reason to go into that country. Not to mention the little ass wipe apologizes to the whole world. That only weakens this country. It doesn't help us.

Keep government out of your Medicare?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
No I don't think that my tax dollars should pay for health care for people that refuse to get a job. If you want health care go get a job, and get a health care plan just like everyone else does.
Obamas sister said that he was born in Kenya along with his grandmother. So that is proof enough for me that he was not born in this country.
My life has changed for the worse in the last three years from me being paid less and doing more work. The tax coming out of my pay check has become more in the last three years.
I do not see Obama doing anything but trying to feed us the same BS. I will change this. It is time for change. I do not see any change from Obama other than bad change.

Obamacare doesn't provide health care for others at your cost any more than our health care system already did. Do you even understand what an "individual mandate" is?

Obama's grandmother was mistranslated when she supposedly said that she was present at his birth. she never said that, the translator said it once, and then corrects it three seconds later if you listen to the actual audio of that interview. and thats not proof of anything. lol.

Federal taxes are exactly the same or less under Obama. They have yet to raise any taxes and in fact have cut them. The bush tax cuts have been extended and Obama added the payroll tax holiday and 40% of the stimulus was more tax cuts. If your state has raised it's taxes, as many have, that is thanks to the bush tax cuts and the federal deficits they have caused. Thanks to the bush tax cuts the states get far less cash back from the feds than they used to which has strained their budgets forcing them to raise taxes. Obama has zero control over your state taxes.

So you are working harder for less pay... welcome to a deep recession caused by deregulation and bad governance which obama had nothing to do with. Maybe you should care about good governance in the future so this doesn't happen again.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-27-2012, 06:58 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
No being born in Kenya is grounds for his dumb ass being out of office. FDR was also an idiot. As I said in my previous comment. My tax dollars shouldn't go to paying for some lazy asses health care that doesn't want to get a job.

Do you even understand how Insurance works?

The whole point of a risk pool is that your dollars do help others when they need it and their dollars help you when you need it.

It doesn't matter if it's socialized medicine or totally privatized medicine. They both work the same in this manner. The only difference is whether the risk pool is managed by a private entity or managed by the government.

If you don't want your dollars paying for anyone else, cancel your insurance and put it into a savings account and then use that to pay for all of your health care out of your own pocket at increased rates because you aren't going through an insurance company or a distributed risk pool.

BORKED
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 01-27-2012, 07:05 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Keep government out of your Medicare?

Government should serve only one purpose. That is to protect and serve the people. They are not in office to control the people.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:22 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Obamacare doesn't provide health care for others at your cost any more than our health care system already did. Do you even understand what an "individual mandate" is?

Obama's grandmother was mistranslated when she supposedly said that she was present at his birth. she never said that, the translator said it once, and then corrects it three seconds later if you listen to the actual audio of that interview. and thats not proof of anything. lol.

Federal taxes are exactly the same or less under Obama. They have yet to raise any taxes and in fact have cut them. The bush tax cuts have been extended and Obama added the payroll tax holiday and 40% of the stimulus was more tax cuts. If your state has raised it's taxes, as many have, that is thanks to the bush tax cuts and the federal deficits they have caused. Thanks to the bush tax cuts the states get far less cash back from the feds than they used to which has strained their budgets forcing them to raise taxes. Obama has zero control over your state taxes.

So you are working harder for less pay... welcome to a deep recession caused by deregulation and bad governance which obama had nothing to do with. Maybe you should care about good governance in the future so this doesn't happen again.

My federal tax refund was actually 200 dollars less this year. With Bush I got 400 dollars back more than this BS with Obama.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:25 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

Guess Who
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Do you even understand how Insurance works?

The whole point of a risk pool is that your dollars do help others when they need it and their dollars help you when you need it.

It doesn't matter if it's socialized medicine or totally privatized medicine. They both work the same in this manner. The only difference is whether the risk pool is managed by a private entity or managed by the government.

If you don't want your dollars paying for anyone else, cancel your insurance and put it into a savings account and then use that to pay for all of your health care out of your own pocket at increased rates because you aren't going through an insurance company or a distributed risk pool.

BORKED

Hell if I didn't have to pay taxes I wouldn't. I believe in people working for any help they get from anyone.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:26 PM Guess Who is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.