General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
he talked about closing loopholes that have been talked about for half a century.... except oh wait - this is his first time mentioning for the 3 years he has been in office

Durrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrr

he's been talking about ending the bush tax cuts, simplifying the tax code and closing loopholes since before he was elected.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

cokezeroholic

Americans have the attention span of puppy when it comes to politics and politicians. This is probably why the candidates can keep repeating the age old "lower taxes, improve schools, more jobs" every four years, and how they have these huge plans that eventually never come to fruition due to broken partisan politics.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
Americans have the attention span of puppy when it comes to politics and politicians. This is probably why the candidates can keep repeating the age old "lower taxes, improve schools, more jobs" every four years, and how they have these huge plans that eventually never come to fruition due to broken partisan politics.

Well let's be fair, you also have to be tall and have good hair.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post

don't forget glaring ignorance. how else can you convince people that poor people caused the economic melt down?

you know, because:

poor people invented subprime loans with adjustable rates that most poor people don't understand
poor people made the banks give out lots and lots of subprime loans
poor people invented mortgage backed securities
poor people rated those securities AAA so that the banks could resell them
poor people made investment banks buy these AAA mortgage backed securities and over leverage themselves
poor people invented derivatives
poor people deregulated the derivative market
poor people kept giving out these subprime loans and selling these mortgage backed securities even after they knew the bubble was about to burst, after they knew the shit they were selling was garbage and after they were already betting against these securities in the derivatives market
poor people deliberately grew the banks to be too big to fail by consistently buying up competitors
and poor people made the government bail out these banks because they were too big to fail.

I mean, what's not to understand?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
don't forget glaring ignorance. how else can you convince people that poor people caused the economic melt down?

you know, because:

poor people invented subprime loans with adjustable rates that most poor people don't understand
poor people made the banks give out lots and lots of subprime loans
poor people invented mortgage backed securities
poor people rated those securities AAA so that the banks could resell them
poor people made investment banks buy these AAA mortgage backed securities and over leverage themselves
poor people invented derivatives
poor people deregulated the derivative market
poor people kept giving out these subprime loans and selling these mortgage backed securities even after they knew the bubble was about to burst, after they knew the shit they were selling was garbage and after they were already betting against these securities in the derivatives market
poor people deliberately grew the banks to be too big to fail by consistently buying up competitors
and poor people made the government bail out these banks because they were too big to fail.

I mean, what's not to understand?

You can also replace poor people with "liberals" depending on who you talk to.

shag