General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the Confederate states IIRC, so it wasn't "illegal" just symbolic only. The Confed states wouldn't have been covered under the Constitution at that point, since they weren't part of the country, but Lincoln wouldn't have had the legal authority to issue edicts there either.

The northern states declared the secession non valid and thus the confed states according to the north were Still covered under the constitution.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
I can understand that. How much control did we end up having over the oil itself?

Also do you know anything about the Libyan oil fields? I remember reading something about taking over all those after outing Gaddafi.

Gaddafi was gay?

5ive

his Amazonian guards were a ruse
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Gaddafi was gay?

He was not very jovial, no

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
and then die

Wow, hater much? Not cool bro.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
No, the civil war was not about slavery at all. Some of the northern states still held slaves at the start of the war. It was about Power. The north had a higher population and was using it to push laws that put the southern states at a disadvantage. The north was industrializing and using child labor the south had vast tracts of good growing land and used slaves instead of children. South wanted to count slaves as population to even thing out. North said no, property cant be counted as citizens but we will let you count 5 as 1 just to be nice. (ratio stated for demonstration purposes only and may not reflect actual ratio)

Didn't you learn anything about pulling your head out of your ass?

Power and economics are indivisible just as slavery and the Southern economic system were indivisible. Saying the civil war wasn't about slavery is mostly pedantic because it was directly started in a bid by Southerners to preserve and expand their dominant economic system (plantation slavery). The North was passing tariffs that were harmful to the Southern economic system and beneficial to manufacturing system of the North, but again this just comes back to the nature of the Southern economy where the plantation economy was emphasized over manufacturing. The primary issue of the civil was always the future of the Southern slavery system (could it sustain itself, expand, co exist with a competing economic system within the same country, its moral nature).

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
Wow, hater much? Not cool bro.

you don't want to go to Syria
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post

you don't want to go to Syria

Hells yeah i do, i joined the military to go to fucked up places and do high speed shit and see some shit i ain't never seen before not stay in the USA, gosh.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
Power and economics are indivisible just as slavery and the Southern economic system were indivisible. Saying the civil war wasn't about slavery is mostly pedantic because it was directly started in a bid by Southerners to preserve and expand their dominant economic system (plantation slavery). The North was passing tariffs that were harmful to the Southern economic system and beneficial to manufacturing system of the North, but again this just comes back to the nature of the Southern economy where the plantation economy was emphasized over manufacturing. The primary issue of the civil was always the future of the Southern slavery system (could it sustain itself, expand, co exist with a competing economic system within the same country, its moral nature).

Thank you. I don't know why he wants to split hairs over this - usually southerners are the ones who detest their grandparents fighting for slavery and start playing words games about it. Well some of them do.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
Hells yeah i do, i joined the military to go to fucked up places and do high speed shit and see some shit i ain't never seen before not stay in the USA, gosh.

He was just reminding you that death is a part of what you signed up for. You want to see the world, take a cruise on a ship. Walking around in the footsteps of the guy in front of you so you don't find an IED the wrong way isn't really how I'd like to see the world.

Also god forsaken deserts no different than most of Arizona isn't something I'd personally want to see.... for 10 months at a time.

Forever Domon

Quote:
He was just reminding you that death is a part of what you signed up for. You want to see the world, take a cruise on a ship. Walking around in the footsteps of the guy in front of you so you don't find an IED the wrong way isn't really how I'd like to see the world.

Also god forsaken deserts no different than most of Arizona isn't something I'd personally want to see.... for 10 months at a time.
first sensible thing you've ever said

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
first sensible thing you've ever said

Thanks, I'm still waiting for yours

Forever Domon

Quote:
Thanks, I'm still waiting for yours
ill get right on that

TheMorlock

Quote:
Thank you. I don't know why he wants to split hairs over this - usually southerners are the ones who detest their grandparents fighting for slavery and start playing words games about it. Well some of them do.

:: it's like a bad wiki article using a joe pits post as backup for it's view.

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:

I volunteered for this shit dog of course i know that death is a part of it, i know the risks.
Its hard for yall to understand... i actually want to do this shit.
I was born for this shit, this shit is my destiny and they fucked me out of it, for now at least.
But its my fucking fault for not going 8 years ago when i should have.