General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
i love that you have Turkey, Kuwait, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Turkmenistan on there

we've either been invited in there, or have made deals to have a presence there
it's like being upset that we've got France surrounded by US forces

You don't do analogies well. BTW, the Soviets and Chinese were invited to places like Korea and Vietnam and Eastern Europe.

Again, what if Mexico and Canada invited China to put their military on our border - THEIR charges of the US being expansionist would actually be valid (using the map above) unlike the made up charge against Iran. This thuggery is rampant in our degenerate society right down to the cops beating suspects while saying "stop resisting."

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

We do not want anymore nukes anywhere for the reason of world peace. It's much better that US and her allies only have them, as it's been demonstrated in world history that nuclear weapons have never been used by the US of her peaceful allies.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
lol...yep. When a Democrat is in office any military action is for the greater good, and unavoidable, when a Republican does the same IT'S FOR TEH OILS AND PRETTY MUCH JUST BEING EVIL AND IMPERIALISTIC!!!1

...except no one really hasn't even said such things and if anything, Obamabots have been pretty disappointed regarding some of his military shenanigans and his reluctance in ending the wars he inherited and promised to bring to and end asap

sometimes you just post the dumbest things imaginable, it's like you channel themorlock

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

all i know is that i'm most definitely NOT dying for israel

i'm gonna draft dodge 100%

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
...except no one really hasn't even said such things and if anything, Obamabots have been pretty disappointed regarding some of his military shenanigans and his reluctance in ending the wars he inherited and promised to bring to and end asap

sometimes you just post the dumbest things imaginable, it's like you channel themorlock

Your imagination is much better than his.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post

Maybe it doesn't translate well into Finnerish, but my post was mean't to be dumb and sarcastic.

but true nonetheless..

edit- so I can mark you down as "for" Iran getting nukes?  and consequently everyone else in the ME 

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

OlderBoy

death to zionists

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
EXCEPT WHEN GEORGE BOOOSH IS IN OFFICE RIGHT

Quote:
lol...yep. When a Democrat is in office any military action is for the greater good, and unavoidable, when a Republican does the same IT'S FOR TEH OILS AND PRETTY MUCH JUST BEING EVIL AND IMPERIALISTIC!!!1

I supported the Iraq war back when Bush was telling us they had WMDs. Once it came out that the intelligence was bad and Bush more or less willfully ignored that, I changed my mind.

Also, I don't support invading Iran, but we do have the "right" to do so if it was the best course of action. Casting it as "illegal" or whatever is dumb.

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I supported the Iraq war back when Bush was telling us they had WMDs. Once it came out that the intelligence was bad and Bush more or less willfully ignored that, I changed my mind.

Also, I don't support invading Iran, but we do have the "right" to do so if it was the best course of action. Casting it as "illegal" or whatever is dumb.
I hope Iran comes to it's senses and realizes the cost of asserting their right to nukes is too high, (a new middle east arms race) but I think completely taking military action off the table makes sanctions and rhetoric meaningless..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Gibonius

Quote:
I hope Iran comes to it's senses and realizes the cost of asserting their right to nukes is too high, (a new middle east arms race) but I think completely taking military action off the table makes sanctions and rhetoric meaningless..

We can "leave it on the table" but I think actually doing it would be the wrong course of action. Odds are good Iran isn't actually going to assemble a nuke anyway.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
so, they should have nuclear weapons because they have to end WWII, and prevent losing a cold war?

God damnit Assa. Are we ending WW2 or losing a cold war? No.

FWIW i'd rather "lose a cold war" whatever that entails than engage in real war, win or lose. There are only winners in sporting events. When people fight each other to do damage there are only losers. The entity that loses the least "wins"

Quote:
International relationship isn't like criminal law. Your analogies don't work. All treaties and international laws are optional, and countries don't have to prove that another country "broke a law" to engage in hostilities. That just isn't how it works.

Sure you can just engage in hostilities for no reason. Like Hitler did.

Except we see that as "wrong" - I do anyway.

joemama

Quote:
We can "leave it on the table" but I think actually doing it would be the wrong course of action. Odds are good Iran isn't actually going to assemble a nuke anyway.
Just the fact that everyone thinks they are headed in that direction is making nearby countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc..think seriously about getting their own nuclear weapons programs.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Just the fact that everyone thinks they are headed in that direction is making nearby countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc..think seriously about getting their own nuclear weapons programs.

Yea only that and none of that occupying we do. Or the fact that Israel has nukes.

ONLY Iran. That's the final straw right... Just like one half of Vietnam was such an important cornerstone in the whole world going communist and taking over USA. Oh wait it didn't matter any more than a dingle berry on a stray dog's ass and 500,000 US soldiers literally died for nothing.

Quick let's freak out and do it all over again.

joemama

Instead of continuing to go round and round with [H]ardhead (who still hasn't given me a good reason FOR Iran having nukes) I'll just say this:

I would prefer the entire world to be free of weaponized nukes. When it was just the two original nuclear OG's (the U.S. and Russia) that was a possibility....but when others started joining the armageddon club then that made it much more difficult. The only thing we can do now is try to stop any more from being made, and eventually reduce the amount we already have. Any country that actually uses one (once again in case we forget, modern nukes are not the WW2 era atomic bombs) won't win anything, just create a world full of losers.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:

I think it's just an obvious ploy to poke the bear. even if they had one it's not like they can use it. it would probably be the singular most polarizing event of this century, vindicate our mistrust, and give the world carte blanche to absolutely lay waste to the country in a manner that would make the iraq conflict look pedestrian in comparison.