General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
LLCS GHOST
 
I'm by no means conservative. But if you called me neoconservative, I wouldn't mind.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 PM LLCS GHOST is offline  
Reply With Quote
#421  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vigilante
 
Vigilante's Avatar
 
.k
__________________
Genmay Gun Club Member
Hobo Club
Old 04-08-2012, 01:12 AM Vigilante is offline  
Reply With Quote
#422  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Someone ban this Judith fucker before he craps on any more threads... DVD software spam incoming
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#423  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCS GHOST View Post
I'm by no means conservative. But if you called me neoconservative, I wouldn't mind.

I'll call you crazy, it is more succinct.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 AM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#424  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCS GHOST View Post
....
Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Uzbekistan all supported their own groups during Afghanistan's civil war. The U.S. supported no one.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Alliance
Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#425  

LLCS GHOST
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post

That was created after the civil war was over and the Taliban gained control of Afghanistan. We never aided the Northern Alliance until after 9/11. This was to overthrow the Taliban and not to put the Northern Alliance in power, and control Afghanistan.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 PM LLCS GHOST is offline  
Reply With Quote
#426  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCS GHOST View Post
We didn't create Islamic fundamentalism. It's a thing of its own. When the major grievance of a religious death cult lists an infidel base near sacred ground, how could you say we created it? It's the filthy religion that created it. The base in Saudi Arabia was used for good reason.

The only reason Bin Laden and the other bigots opposed the base was because it was run by infidels. It would be like some bigot in the U.S. murdering Saudis because of the ground zero mosque. And then a fool like you would say the Saudis brought it on by daring to put a mosque near sacred ground.
US bases are used for imperialism, that's their self evident nature. It was there to ensure the continual rule of the Saudi Arabian and Gulf aristocrats and to stop the Iranian revolution from spreading (itself largely a reaction to Western imperialism). Supporting client elites is an integral part of imperialism that leads to direct oppression of the masses. Islamic fundamentalism may be a "thing of its own" but it gains or loses support among the masses based on its appeal, being anti imperialist (in its fashion) is a large part of that appeal. You shouldn't reduce complex ideologies and political movements to simple labels, that's in part how the US is so successful in propagandizing the public into supporting its wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCS GHOST View Post
Well, I'm glad you've just admitted the conflict with Al-Qaeda was unavoidable and desirable, then.
In the same sense that conflict with the US is unavoidable and desirable.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 AM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#427  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.