General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
CBS all the News thats fit to fake.

The idea that NBC, CBS, ABC or any other major network is liberal is stupid. They are the corporate run media and they only care about what the corporation and their advertisers care about. Their news is a joke. It's short attention span theater of the inane.

It is fake news like a squirrel water skiing is newsworthy.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Behar has her own show besides being on the view.

eww, why? I'd rather watch rosie odonnell

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
eww, why?

because her political opinions match yours but she is a comedienne so her stating them are respected by the brainwashed liberal masses that are oh so much more intelligent and educated than them thar republitards.

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:
eww, why? I'd rather watch rosie odonnell

she's on cnn. I haven't even watched a minute of her show

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

there's nothing wrong with the tea party

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
there's nothing wrong with the tea party

besides the fact the minute any of them got in office this last round, overnight they were just the same as the rest of the scumbags in office.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
besides the fact the minute any of them got in office this last round, overnight they were just the same as the rest of the scumbags in office.

This.

That guy who was grilling Kathleen Sebelius in that contraception hearing, Murphy, is one of the new tea party guys.

dio

Quote:
The problem is if you let it be handled at the state level and you allow people to shop across state lines then ALL THE COMPANIES will go to the state with the fewest/weakest regulations. That will harm everyone, not just the shithole state.

Ok so lets say that Idaho has 12 really shitty health insurance operating in it, and then Oregon provides health care to all of it's citizens that have been here for more than 1 year (and paid one cycle of yearly taxes).

I don't see how such a setup is going to be harming Oregon citizens. Let Idaho figure there own shit out.

SamFarber

Quote:
The problem is if you let it be handled at the state level and you allow people to shop across state lines then ALL THE COMPANIES will go to the state with the fewest/weakest regulations. That will harm everyone, not just the shithole state.

I love how the half-wit conservative-wannabe-limbaugh-listeners jump on some bandwagon ideas. The whole reason it is state-by-state is so the Feds can't regulate it. These idiots are opening the door for Fed regulation which they would also oppose. It is like they can't hold more than one subject in their minds at one time.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Ok so lets say that Idaho has 12 really shitty health insurance operating in it, and then Oregon provides health care to all of it's citizens that have been here for more than 1 year (and paid one cycle of yearly taxes).

I don't see how such a setup is going to be harming Oregon citizens. Let Idaho figure there own shit out.

There are no states which provide a "universal state health care system". The closest is Mass. and that's just the same thing as "Obamacare", which is just a mandate to buy private insurance.

In order to escape all the health care companies incorporating in delaware or wherever they decide to be the dumping ground, the states would literally have to start their own public state health care systems.

Also, unless people are purchasing their own insurance, their employer is going to be the one choosing the health insurer and they are likely going to go with the cheapest option they can get. Most people don't shop for insurance on their own. They choose from the available plans their employer provides based on what they can afford.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
I love how the half-wit conservative-wannabe-limbaugh-listeners jump on some bandwagon ideas. The whole reason it is state-by-state is so the Feds can't regulate it. These idiots are opening the door for Fed regulation which they would also oppose. It is like they can't hold more than one subject in their minds at one time.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
I agree with all of this, but think it should be up to the State's to decide. This is how the government was originally intended to work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_A...s_Constitution

See here is the problem with all these federal programs and all this moral federal legislation. We are arguing about it. Just the fact we are arguing about it is a problem.

I am firm believer in the concept of evolution not as just a process of genetics, but rather as the overall system by which all progress is achieved. And to have evolution you must have variation, mutation, for something to have the potential to demonstrate it has a better advantage. If healthcare, education, driving laws, everything, are homogenized across every state, you have no variation of systems, and evolution is dead. This is why it should be left up to states entirely. If one state thinks that outlawing abortion, having no medical care and shitty education is the right way to do it. They should be allowed to do it. Let the thing go for 10 years and then compare them to the states that have better programs. Then instead of just ARGUING about how healthcare, education or whatever should be you can now point to actual hard evidence of comparing the different systems in different states. And if one state wants to continue to be retarded, let them be, and fall into a pit so deep they just become national mockery.

You do realize there is such a thing as the rest of the world, right? We do not need the states to be some sort of guinea pigs. We can look towards other nations for ideas too.

As fucking crazy and unpatriotic that concept is, for some fucked up stupid reason in America, it's actually quite popular in the rest of the world to look for good ideas elsewhere and learn from other people's mistakes.

For example legalizing prostitution would work equally as well as it has worked in Germany. Legalizing weed would not send us spinning off the face of the earth no worse than it did the Dutch. If we have a government run insurance company so we can all have affordable healthcare we will not be any worse off than Sweden - a place with higher satisfaction of living and lower suicide rates than we got.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
So let some states be shitholes? Worrying about the people in the state of Oklahoma and Nebraska and Floridia I think is a bit weird. If a state is filled with idiots, then let there way of life become the obvious example of what not to do, and then by natural selection, watch everything change into something better.

Why is worrying about other human beings because of an arbitrary border weird? I find it weird that you would discard sympathy towards them because of the government in which they are mostly only marginally involved. Local and state politics are just as controlled by moneyed interests as at the federal level.

Jack's raging erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
Why is worrying about other human beings because of an arbitrary border weird? I find it weird that you would discard sympathy towards them because of the government in which they are mostly only marginally involved. Local and state politics are just as controlled by moneyed interests as at the federal level.

And that's just because we're mostly only lazy and too fucking ignorant to go out and vote for a candidate that actually represents interests that matter to them. Then again, I've seen several good politicians go bad. Is it the money or the dumbshit letters, phone calls, and e-mails they get that does it?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
And that's just because we're mostly only lazy and too fucking ignorant to go out and vote for a candidate that actually represents interests that matter to them. Then again, I've seen several good politicians go bad. Is it the money or the dumbshit letters, phone calls, and e-mails they get that does it?

Death threats on the family, things of that nature also.