General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Yeah, because they are rich. They can afford the very best. You can't. You don't get what they get just because you live here. That's like looking at footage of Saddam's palaces and saying "The Iraqi people live pretty lavishly."

And the idea that USA USA USA is the only place that rich people go to for ultra-high end health care is also stupid. We aren't the only place on earth which offers high end for profit health services. Many of our wealthy elites go elsewhere for specialized care. That's what rich people do, because they are rich.

And on the other end of the spectrum it is becoming increasingly popular for non-rich americans to go to other countries where they can get equal care to the united states for a fraction of the price.

google: medical tourism.

So your point is Pay for Treatment is what everyone rich or poor is looking for? So the "poor" from the US goes to a country that does not bog down medical costs with "silly" regulations.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
:facepalm:

you do realize you don't have to have all one or the other right? the system we should be copying is france's. They have a robust single payer universal system and 90+% of the country also carries private supplemental insurance which is either provided by their employer as a benefit or purchased privately.

The poor from our country are looking for healthcare they can: A. Afford and B. Receive. The poor from our country often can't afford insurance and even if they could, until recently, if they dared to ask for the treatment they need they could be denied, dropped, and then enjoy the wonderful benefits of being UNINSURABLE meaning they get the best treatment the county hospital emergency room can provide after an 8 hour wait.

But I guess as long as the uber wealthy of the world are happy with the care they can get here then all is well. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
copy france? where they just had all the riots due to cutbacks in government nanny state spending?

I guess we should have a dual system where those with the means can buy private health care and of course still pay through the nose to make sure the meth head robbing his store gets all the medical care he wants free.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
copy france? where they just had all the riots due to cutbacks in government nanny state spending?

Yeah, but their financial woes are not due to health care spending. Their system is far cheaper than ours.

Quote:
I guess we should have a dual system where those with the means can buy private health care and of course still pay through the nose to make sure the meth head robbing his store gets all the medical care he wants free.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Yeah because of course money is only money when it is not spent on health care. The magical money spent on health care does not cost anything in france.

That wookie you are using in your argument is kinda large.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Yeah because of course money is only money when it is not spent on health care. The magical money spent on health care does not cost anything in france.

That wookie you are using in your argument is kinda large.

The percentage of their budget spent on health care spending, either by percentage of GDP or Per Capita, is less than ours.

If you add up all health care spending of all the countries of the EU together, it cots the entire EU (which has 200 million more people than the united states) about a trillion dollars less than we spend. The EU spends about ~10.5% of GDP on health care, the united states spends ~17% of GDP on health care.

We have the most expensive system in the world and we don't even cover everybody. If you look at the number of people covered, the EU covers TWICE as many people as we do and their system still costs less than ours.

If all of that weren't bad enough already, our costs are also rising faster than theirs are too.

This is all very well documented. http://www.kff.org/insurance/snapshot/oecd042111.cfm
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
And I can walk in and have blood taken for labwork in ten to fifteen minutes on a walk in basis and have the results at my doctors less than an hour later. Then have a cat scan scheduled in 1 or 2 days and a gastric endoscopy in 3 days.

Or if I was canadian I could wait a week for lab work and 4 months for a cat scan and 8 months for treatment with a condition that could kill me in a week.

I dont know frances wait times.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
And I can walk in and have blood taken for labwork in ten to fifteen minutes on a walk in basis and have the results at my doctors less than an hour later. Then have a cat scan scheduled in 1 or 2 days and a gastric endoscopy in 3 days.

Or if I was canadian I could wait a week for lab work and 4 months for a cat scan and 8 months for treatment with a condition that could kill me in a week.

I dont know frances wait times.

Not true. Unless it's an emergency you would have to set up appointments for everything just like everybody else.

Then it depends how busy the given lab and doctor is.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Not true. Unless it's an emergency you would have to set up appointments for everything just like everybody else.

Then it depends how busy the given lab and doctor is.



Actually I was talking about my last two weeks. I have had 5 bloodwork labs done a cat scan an ultrasound a comprehensive pulmonary function series and a gastric endoscopy.

The ultrasound and pulmonary was done today and was set up on tuesday. The endoscope was set up from a visit to the gastric specialist on friday and done on monday which led to the ultrasound.


So shut the fuck up moron. The adults are talking to each other.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
And I can walk in and have blood taken for labwork in ten to fifteen minutes on a walk in basis and have the results at my doctors less than an hour later. Then have a cat scan scheduled in 1 or 2 days and a gastric endoscopy in 3 days.

Or if I was canadian I could wait a week for lab work and 4 months for a cat scan and 8 months for treatment with a condition that could kill me in a week.

I dont know frances wait times.

Or if you were one of 50 million uninsured (+however many underinsured) Americans you wouldn't be able to get any of that done because you wouldn't be able to afford it.

But as long as you can do it then it's okay. Fuck the poor - let them die like dogs on the street.
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Or if you were one of 50 million uninsured (+however many underinsured) Americans you won't be able to get any of that done because you can't afford to.

But as long as you can do it then it's okay. Fuck the poor - let them die like dogs on the street.

Well you see, I made sure I have marketable skills and am not a constant never-ending drain on society so have earned the health care I get.

I was poor at one point and didn't like it much so I got off my ass and did something about it. Imagine that!!!

Earning things yourself instead of sitting in a single wide drinking cases of budwieser bought with food stamps is something some people think is worthwhile. It's one of those things that certain people have a hard time understanding.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Poor people should just try harder
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#117  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Poor people should just try harder

Worked for me.

But it's okay if you cant grasp the concept. Maybe you should try out for the special olympics?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#118  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Well you see, I made sure I have marketable skills and am not a constant never-ending drain on society so have earned the health care I get.

Dead people have no marketable skills... other than research cadavers. And that doesn't pay so well.

Quote:
Earning things yourself instead of sitting in a single wide drinking cases of budwieser bought with food stamps is something some people think is worthwhile. It's one of those things that certain people have a hard time understanding.
Yes, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and cure your own cancer.

Also, preventative care costs far less than emergency care but if you are uninsured you can't get preventative care. So, we could pay for preventative care but that would be giving into that entitlement ideology. And because we aren't allowed to do that, because that is bad, we end up paying the much larger bill for the emergency care to fix the same problem that the much cheaper preventative care could have fixed.

IT's just so fucking brilliant. We don't want to spend money on lazy people, so we don't, until we do. And then we pay many times more.

I guess it's the principle of the thing. I don't know what that principle is but it sure seems to make sense to you.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#119  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Sorry. as the latest news shows. No amount of preventive care prevents death by stupidity.

Just ask Amy and Whitney.

As far as curing cancer on your own. My grandfather did just that. Got skin cancer and just kept ripping it off till it went away. It did come back 40 years later though.

And actually not doing preventive care on useless people saves money. Because preventive care just postpones the massive outlay of cash till old age sets in and the constant medical intervention starts and we cant take bubba off of his 20 meds and hospice care because he is entitled to them under obamacare. Unless bubba's family passes a means test and has to pay for it themselves of course. It's only fair that people that earned a living spend all their money before they qualify for Hope and Change entitlements. They have already used up more than their fair share of resources as schmuck would say.

Sorry about pointing out those flaws in your argument. But it's better in the long run to not let you keep believing that santa is real.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 03-09-2012 at 11:26 PM..
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#120  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.