General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
This is true. Like that racist sheriff from AZ. These types are also scared of everything under the sun (basically pussies) - like gays, atheists, blacks, Mexicans, Obama, liberals etc

You do realize that Sheriff ARPAIO is hispanic and probably has ancestors that came from Mexico..

But of course such facts mean nothing when it doesn't support whatever point you're trying to make..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

5ive

1. He's Italian

2. He's still a racist misogynistic fascistic asshole regardless of race/ethnicity

Texas, Florida, and the Deep South get a lot of shit for being terrible states, but Arizona truly is one of the worst
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
1. He's Italian

2. He's still a racist misogynistic fascistic asshole regardless of race/ethnicity

Texas, Florida, and the Deep South get a lot of shit for being terrible states, but Arizona truly is one of the worst
If refusing to coddle convicted criminals is fascist, then maybe...but what specifically makes him a racist? I don't know much about him...does he have separate punishments based on race?

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
If refusing to coddle convicted criminals is fascist, then maybe...but what specifically makes him a racist? I don't know much about him...does he have separate punishments based on race?

I'll let the good people at Reason (libertarian publication) explain (I bolded the relevant parts):

Quote:

Nearly 20 years since he was first elected sheriff, awful person Joe Arpaio is in trouble and his law enforcement practices will have to change. Not because democracy works and people stopped electing him, but because a three-year investigation by the Department of Justice's civil rights division has confirmed what a lot of people already suspected about Arpaio— not only is he super into chain gangs and humiliating prisoners by making them wear pink uniforms, but his heavy-handed law enforcement tactics target Latinos in a manner which is both a violation of their civil rights and the Constitution.

It's so bad that the Department of Homeland Security announced they will no longer coordinate with Maricopa County on immigration enforcement.

Arpaio has not been having the best of times recently. The man has cost Arizona's Maricopa County $5 million in lawsuit settlements (with another $177 million filed by various and sundry), has used $99.5 million in public funds to pay his staff instead of housing prisoners, and Reason readers might recall that he completed some kind of media whore trifecta by combining Steven Seagal, a tank, and television cameras in order to arrest a man for alleged cock-fighting, but that led to yet another lawsuit.

All this, yet the man has Republican primary candidates working for his endorsement as if it's a great honor — Michele Bachmann slobbered out the word "hero" during her attempts to get Arpaio's support, but he somewhat surprisingly threw that to Rick Perry, who is defending Arpaio even now.

But it turns out not only is Arpaio good at violating the rights of people who at best were actually in the country illegally, he is also really awful at following up on serious criminal complaints. While Sheriff Joe and his deputies were ignoring 400 sexual abuse reports between 2005 and 2007, many of which involved the Hispanic community, they were busy with their trademark heavy-handed immigration raids. Fifteen hundred people have been arrested or detained in these sweeping raids since 2008, but neither Arpaio nor his drones have the gift of identifying by sight which Hispanic-looking people are legally in the United States and which are not. According to his own office, just 57 percent of people caught or detained were are illegal immigrants.

According to an excellent, in-depth report from the the Associated Press, the investigation also found:

Quote:
Latino inmates with limited English skills were punished for failing to understand commands in English by being put in solitary confinement for up to 23 hours a day or keeping prisoners locked down in their jail pods for as long as 72 hours without a trip to the canteen area or making nonlegal phone calls....

Detention officers refused to accept forms requesting basic daily services and reporting mistreatment when the documents were completed in Spanish and pressured Latinos with limited English skills to sign forms that implicate their legal rights without language assistance.

The agency pressures Latinos with limited English skills to sign forms by yelling at them and keeping them in uncomfortably cold cells for long periods of time.
Furthermore:

Quote:
The civil rights report said Latinos are four to nine times more likely to be stopped in traffic stops in Maricopa County than non-Latinos and that the agency's immigration policies treat Latinos as if they are all in the country illegally. Deputies on the immigrant-smuggling squad stop and arrest Latino drivers without good cause, the investigation found.

A review done as part of the investigation found that 20 percent of traffic reports handled by Arpaio's immigrant-smuggling squad from March 2006 to March 2009 were stops — almost all involving Latino drivers — that were done without reasonable suspicion. The squad's stops rarely led to smuggling arrests.
The harsh conclusions reached by the DOJ do not mean any kind of litigation is forthcoming, only that it's being seriously threatened. Arpaio has 60 days to begin to get his house in order, meanwhile the investigation continues and schadenfreude should reign throughout the land.
And not all people in his jails are convicted criminals -- many are awaiting trial. The actual convicts were convicted for relatively minor offenses, otherwise they'd be in prison.

Humiliating prisoners, especially if you've proven to be prejudiced against them, does not make you an effective crime fighter. From a criminal justice perspective, the best way to prevent crime is to work with the community and to enhance the certainty and celerity of capture and conviction. Severity of punishment isn't as effective.

Also, he believes Obama was born in Kenya
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

double post

[H]ard|On

Quote:
You do realize that Sheriff ARPAIO is hispanic and probably has ancestors that came from Mexico..

But of course such facts mean nothing when it doesn't support whatever point you're trying to make..

If he was hispanic why would he... Oh just go read about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

Quote:
Quote:
He is well known for his outspoken stance against illegal immigration.[3] Arpaio has become a flashpoint for controversy surrounding Arizona's SB1070 anti-illegal immigration act.[4] He is also known for his investigation of President Barack Obama's citizenship.
He is basically a loud mouthed outspoken racist idiot.

Of course a guy from Texas wouldn't see anything out of order though.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by onigami View Post
how many threads on israel/jews do you need to start?

U mad bro?

I'm just passing the word on jew-awareness.

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

If he was hispanic why would he... Oh just go read about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

He is basically a loud mouthed outspoken racist idiot.

Of course a guy from Texas wouldn't see anything out of order though.
His parents were immigrants from Italy...does he hate his mom and dad for not staying in the country they were born in?

edit- the guy does sound like an idiot, but I'm sure some of that is media slant..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Florence19

We get our tip nipped, that makes other people jealous as woman feel it looks and feels better.

AllUranusBelong2Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytzombe View Post
We get our tip nipped, that makes other people jealous as woman feel it looks and feels better. Really the Jew hate is an inferiority complex to the power of the penis.
+1
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

joemama

I also have a nipped tip, but not a drop of jew blood in me. I guess I have the benefits of jewpenis without having to bother going to monthly world domination meetings..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

[H]ard|On

Quote:
I also have a nipped tip, but not a drop of jew blood in me. I guess I have the benefits of jewpenis without having to bother going to monthly world domination meetings..

The benefits are that of choosing paper over plastic.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
His parents were immigrants from Italy...does he hate his mom and dad for not staying in the country they were born in?

edit- the guy does sound like an idiot, but I'm sure some of that is media slant..

No slant needed imo, just listen to him

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

what's the status on International Blind Eyes?

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
what's the status on International Blind Eyes?

The International Blind Eye association has started an International Blind Eye Braille Foundation to help free your mind.