General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

People should only get unemployment benefits or any other government assistance if they directly show that they're miserable. They should not only go through rigorous drug testing programs, but they should also write essays on how they're going to keep their lives miserable while on government assistance. Infact, I think they should be by law, required to eat rice and tuna for at least half of the meals, but only if they dislike eating like that. For people who actually enjoy tuna, there should be some program where they only eat noodles.

I'd support all of this, because the thought of someone worse off than me actually enjoying his life in some miniscule way, is a pretty loathsome idea. By the way, I am also a raging sociopath.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortTheFetus View Post
Shocking but people who need money from others often have bad money management skills. If these folks aren't going to spend money properly, it doesn't matter how much money we throw at the issue, the issue remains. I'd rather see people given an initial months supply of money, if they want money for next month, they should submit receipts. By making people keep receipts, their spending can be better tracked both by the person as well as the organization.

That's an efficient way to keep government spending in check. You contact the legislators to make a bill, while I go into my garage and find the magical receipt fairies that will start a government spending gestapo program for absolutely free.

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
People should only get unemployment benefits or any other government assistance if they directly show that they're miserable. They should not only go through rigorous drug testing programs, but they should also write essays on how they're going to keep their lives miserable while on government assistance. Infact, I think they should be by law, required to eat rice and tuna for at least half of the meals, but only if they dislike eating like that. For people who actually enjoy tuna, there should be some program where they only eat noodles.

I'd support all of this, because the thought of someone worse off than me actually enjoying his life in some miniscule way, is a pretty loathsome idea. By the way, I am also a raging sociopath.

If they have TVs and refrigerators they are automatically disqualified.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
If they have TVs and refrigerators they are automatically disqualified.

Naturally. I'd add running water aswell. Such luxury. I say they have to use wells, and only if the taste of water from those wells is at least moderately bad, if not full on metallic.

AbortTheFetus

Quote:
That's an efficient way to keep government spending in check. You contact the legislators to make a bill, while I go into my garage and find the magical receipt fairies that will start a government spending gestapo program for absolutely free.

As opposed to trying to eat tomato soup with a slotted spoon? Giving money to people who don't know how to properly spend money does nothing to fix the problem.

5ive

What entails properly spending money, and how many poor people actually don't do it most of the time? Anecdotes are irrelevant
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

Forever Domon

Quote:
Naturally. I'd add running water aswell. Such luxury. I say they have to use wells, and only if the taste of water from those wells is at least moderately bad, if not full on metallic.
what the fuck is it with people thinking well water tastes bad....

Ruffy
Keeper of The Toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
and how long did you try any of those things for?

Longest I ever stuck to anything was 9 months. I did lose weight, and felt felt weak all the time, took vitamins, powders, like candy. Still felt like shit, got my blood work back, vitamin d was next to nonexistent, I was anemic and had heart issues. My diet? Lots of whole grains, leafy greans, salads twice a day, low quantity of lean meats, and limiting my overall calories to 1000-1200 per day. After that I went back to my normal diet. Gained 10 lbs. All I did was add more non-lean protein/calories.

I've also gone insanely low in caloric intake, didn't help. The only thing that has worked is a ketogenic diet, it's just hard.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
what the fuck is it with people thinking well water tastes bad....

That was rather a point of convenience.

PS. Well water can taste like ass. No one suggested it does, at least all the time.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
As opposed to trying to eat tomato soup with a slotted spoon? Giving money to people who don't know how to properly spend money does nothing to fix the problem.

Perhaps you should post your personal spending here so we all could learn from you and how money is spent the right way instead of the wrong way (=the way you don't like to spend)

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
10 k three days a week and less on the other days

some cereal when I got up and then at work a third of a pound of bacon half a dozen eggs 8 or nine link sausages several danish hash browns etc for one meal and then about half a pound of italian sausage and pasta and various sides for a second meal snacking on mushrooms topped with sausage or bacon wrapped scallops when the upper lounge closed. and then later on a full diner at home. and half a dozen cans of soda and about the same amount of coffee with cream and sugar spread out during the day.
Worked at a hotel and when they broke down the breakfast and lunch buffets they set the letovers down in the basement for staff to chow down on.

It got to the point that I could feel my heart protest and slow down after about the sixth breakfast sausage. Like it was trying to pump congealed fat.
lmao

isugoat

Quote:

You're right! That's exactly what people are saying. They're not just saying that since they have to sacrifice to feed the people on welfare, perhaps the people on welfare can sacrifice Pepsi and Doritos. The added benefit that the welfare recipients would also be eating healthier also certainly wouldn't come into play. Nothing like that, of course. They hate welfare recipients' happiness! It's the new "They hate your freedom!"

AbortTheFetus

Quote:
Perhaps you should post your personal spending here so we all could learn from you and how money is spent the right way instead of the wrong way (=the way you don't like to spend)

I wouldn't want to blow your mind but you're getting away from the point, it isn't how people spend their own money, it's how people spend the money of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
What entails properly spending money, and how many poor people actually don't do it most of the time? Anecdotes are irrelevant

Why don't you look at the number of liquor stores in poor neighborhoods. Statistics are merely a series of anecdotes.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoat View Post
You're right! That's exactly what people are saying. They're not just saying that since they have to sacrifice to feed the people on welfare, perhaps the people on welfare can sacrifice Pepsi and Doritos. The added benefit that the welfare recipients would also be eating healthier also certainly wouldn't come into play. Nothing like that, of course. They hate welfare recipients' happiness! It's the new "They hate your freedom!"

lol @ "sacrifice to feed the people on welfare"

Son, I will think of your noble sacrifices today when I pray to Jesus, I hope you get a medal for your gallant efforts. Shame this isn't CCCP, you probably would end up with a working class hero medal.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
I wouldn't want to blow your mind but you're getting away from the point, it isn't how people spend their own money, it's how people spend the money of others.
It's kind of funny when you start your sentence with some odd ass reality check shenanigans, then you actually try to assert that money in other people's pockets is actually someone elses. I think you and isugoat should join forced and write a two author essay about this one, so you two could pat yourselves in the back and talk about how hard it's being a working class hero. I could read it, and listen to Working Class Hero while doing it.