General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Can an obese person starve to death and die fat? Or will their body consume all their fat and will they become skinny before they die?

After a little while (and it doesn't take long) your body stops burning fat and goes after muscle/organs, etc.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 03:21 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
plenty of ways to combat obesity even if you have a fucked up thyroid problem


i don't really give a shit what shape one is and all that, but enough with the fucking excuses
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
After a little while (and it doesn't take long) your body stops burning fat and goes after muscle/organs, etc.

this, for the most part, is exaggerated bro science. no fat jews in concentration camps, why is that
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
plenty of ways to combat obesity even if you have a fucked up thyroid problem


i don't really give a shit what shape one is and all that, but enough with the fucking excuses

Should the same go for the guys that complain they can't gain weight no matter what?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
this, for the most part, is exaggerated bro science. no fat jews in concentration camps, why is that

Because they were fed enough to survive (until they could be killed in a less humane way)
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Should the same go for the guys that complain they can't gain weight no matter what?

If you have some fucked up self image problem where you need to look like a GI Joe character, who cares? Seriously, how often to do you actually find people having problems putting on weight for HEALTH reasons?
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Because they were fed enough to survive (until they could be killed in a less humane way)

Well, then it seems really odd that they didn't die because their muscles and organs deteriorated. Perhaps they had optimal PWO shakes taken in the correct anabolic window or whatever the fuck powder salesmen want people to talk about
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 04-29-2012, 04:48 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
If you have some fucked up self image problem where you need to look like a GI Joe character, who cares? Seriously, how often to do you actually find people having problems putting on weight for HEALTH reasons?

I've heard it from numerous guys I know. They're around 6'1" 140 pounds. I'm pretty sure they're not trying to look muscle bound
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Well, then it seems really odd that they didn't die because their muscles and organs deteriorated. Perhaps they had optimal PWO shakes taken in the correct anabolic window or whatever the fuck powder salesmen want people to talk about

The fuck are you talking about?
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 05:22 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I've heard it from numerous guys I know. They're around 6'1" 140 pounds. I'm pretty sure they're not trying to look muscle bound
Yes, I am sure someone is 6'1 and 140 pounds simply through some medical anomaly. It's not because they're lazy, dumb, or a delicate combination of both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
The fuck are you talking about?
it's absolutely motherfucking ridiculous to talk about some fucking gay muscle magazine wisdom when it comes to obese people not being obese

muscle and organ eating calorie defecits = 100% bull shit

edit/ if you're peeved about that tasteless holocaust comparison, it was mostly for shits and giggles and in all honesty, it was just said because it's simply just as an absurd of a statement than saying if a grown fucking man actually eats 1000 calories a day and actually lives an even moderately active life, that he either doesn't lose weight or suffers some weird fucking catabolic anomaly in the process
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay

Last edited by RuHo; 04-29-2012 at 05:40 AM..
Old 04-29-2012, 05:33 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Yes, I am sure someone is 6'1 and 140 pounds simply through some medical anomaly. It's not because they're lazy, dumb, or a delicate combination of both

Funny because I was able to get them to gain weight by having them go into the weight room and eat properly like a hoss. So...yeah it was because they were lazy, dumb, or a delicate combination of both.


Quote:
it's absolutely motherfucking ridiculous to talk about some fucking gay muscle magazine wisdom when it comes to obese people not being obese

muscle and organ eating calorie defecits = 100% bull shit
Are you kidding me, this is basic biology. Has nothing to do with muscle magazines. And my comment was about actually having fat people starve to death and still look fat.

Quote:
edit/ if you're peeved about that tasteless holocaust comparison, it was mostly for shits and giggles and in all honesty, it was just said because it's simply just as an absurd of a statement than saying if a grown fucking man actually eats 1000 calories a day and actually lives an even moderately active life, that he either doesn't lose weight or suffers some weird fucking catabolic anomaly in the process
I don't think you figured out I was joking with my response about the holocaust. However, a grown man should never just consume 1000 calories a day.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
it's absolutely motherfucking ridiculous to talk about some fucking gay muscle magazine wisdom when it comes to obese people not being obese

muscle and organ eating calorie defecits = 100% bull shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui
Are you kidding me, this is basic biology. Has nothing to do with muscle magazines. And my comment was about actually having fat people starve to death and still look fat.

Your body will never stop burning fat for energy entirely (it can't, your brain would stop functioning), but under starvation conditions your body will significantly catabolize muscle and organ issue. Nobody would starve to death while still having a significant amount of body fat reserves, at least through any mechanism I know about.

Might still look fat though, but that would just be because the majority of their muscle would be gone + stomach bloating.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Your body will never stop burning fat for energy entirely (it can't, your brain would stop functioning), but under starvation conditions your body will significantly catabolize muscle and organ issue. Nobody would starve to death while still having a significant amount of body fat reserves, at least through any mechanism I know about.

Might still look fat though, but that would just be because the majority of their muscle would be gone + stomach bloating.

You body can sustain on fat only so long. After a while, if you're not consuming enough protein, etc. your body will shut down. Regardless of how much fat stores you have.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 04-29-2012, 10:39 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
You body can sustain on fat only so long. After a while, if you're not consuming enough protein, etc. your body will shut down. Regardless of how much fat stores you have.

Right, that's where the muscle catabolism comes in. Your body will take protein from your muscles to fuel the breakdown of fat. But you're still primarily burning fat, you just use muscle along with it. Your energy balance during starvation is something like 80% fat, 20% other.

I suppose theoretically some obese land whale could have high enough stores of fat to totally deplete their muscle mass before running out of fat if they were eating absolutely nothing, but I doubt it's a realistic concern.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Funny because I was able to get them to gain weight by having them go into the weight room and eat properly like a hoss. So...yeah it was because they were lazy, dumb, or a delicate combination of both.
Well that's kind of what I mean, only I have to be an asshole somehow to suggest it

Quote:
Are you kidding me, this is basic biology. Has nothing to do with muscle magazines. And my comment was about actually having fat people starve to death and still look fat.



I don't think you figured out I was joking with my response about the holocaust. However, a grown man should never just consume 1000 calories a day.
Well yeah, I was mostly doing that because someone said he's been eating 1k calories a day and not losing any. That's just ...yeah. Let's not get into that
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.