General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Which is irrelevant since in 2008 only 48 seats belonged to the democrats. During 2009, his first year in office, the most was 58 for less than two months the first time and three the second. The rest of the year it was either 56 or 57.

Between september 9 2009 and september 10 2009 - a grand total of one single day - there were two vacancies in the senate while the democrats had 57 seats. So for one day, with the independents counted, they had enough seats with enough vacancies to count, under those rules, for a cloture motion to pass.

Yet they still didn't have a supermajority that year. Nor did they have one in 2008. or 2010 when they went down to 51. You do not get to count independents as democrats since they are not democrats. At no point where there 60 democrats in the senate in 2008, 2009, or 2010. At no point did the democrats alone have enough votes for cloture. At no point was the president "free and clear" to enact policies in congress during those years.

You were wrong. Or you outright lied. Acknowledge that fact.

In fact, your words were:

Quote:
the obama cant get anything done because of the republitards is something only a fool sucks down like mothers milk. He had two fucking years free and clear and fucked up royally with the shit the dems pushed through.
Define the two years he had "free and clear" or admit that you were either dishonest or had no idea what you were talking about.

Last edited by SemperFly; 04-13-2012 at 04:14 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

I told you to stop being stupid for a while.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
It was always acceptable when the "correct side" was doing it. Just like jerrymandering and other dirty tricks.

All arguments about politics can be settled by a simple tu quoque fallacy application!

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

im gonna vote for obama

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
All arguments about politics can be settled by a simple tu quoque fallacy application!

all arguments can be settled by someone claiming a wookies dont make sense argument has been used.

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
I told you to stop being stupid for a while.

You can't refute a single fact there. You said he had two years free and clear. Every single piece of evidence available says he had one single day free and clear.

Acknowledge your mistake.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

The Republican party has stated that it's only goal is to make Obama a one-term president.

Not to help the economy, not to create jobs, not to reform healthcare, not to improve education, not to make the US more competitive in the global market. To make Obama a one-term president. So the GOP in congress is tied up doing that, and the GOP on the state level gives us what? Jobs? Education? No... it gives us union-busting, transvaginal ultrasounds, creationism in schools, the "Year of the Bible", and anti gay marriage legislation.

Bigotry, mysoginy, greed, ignorance, stupidity. That's what the party of Lincoln has become.

Allen West, a Tea Party dipshit, claims that 80 Democrats in Congress are card-carrying members of the Communist Party. When he gets called out on his , what does he do? The same thing every Republican does: double down on stupid. Now he's asking for money to help him fight the commies.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
The Republican party has stated that it's only goal is to make Obama a one-term president.

Not to help the economy, not to create jobs, not to reform healthcare, not to improve education, not to make the US more competitive in the global market. To make Obama a one-term president. So the GOP in congress is tied up doing that, and the GOP on the state level gives us what? Jobs? Education? No... it gives us union-busting, transvaginal ultrasounds, creationism in schools, the "Year of the Bible", and anti gay marriage legislation.

Bigotry, mysoginy, greed, ignorance, stupidity. That's what the party of Lincoln has become.

Allen West, a Tea Party dipshit, claims that 80 Democrats in Congress are card-carrying members of the Communist Party. When he gets called out on his , what does he do? The same thing every Republican does: double down on stupid. Now he's asking for money to help him fight the commies.

Modern day Republicans stand for two things: bigotry and corporate profits

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

That was a good read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
If you are still dealing with the shitstorm of a fuckfest that your predecessor caused, maybe.

I want to play. I have questions:

Why the fuck would anyone in their right mind vote for a super-rich, vulture-capitalist, fake asshole named Willard, who has no fucking clue what life is actually like for 99.9% of the country, in the hopes that he and his corporate cronies are somehow going to enact policies which are going to be good for middle class working families who make less in a year than Willard makes in interest in a day?

Absolutely - there is no common link. He doesn't have anything on the table as far as a plan or an idea. His only qualification for presidency seems to be that he's not Obama and that he's the least embarrassing of all the Republicans candidates.

I am supposed to expect a sudden burst of selflessness out of him? Does anyone see this guy standing up for what is right and turning down an extra few bucks? He has way too much money invested into various industries to tell their lobbyists "no" for one thing.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Absolutely - there is no common link. He doesn't have anything on the table as far as a plan or an idea. His only qualification for presidency seems to be that he's not Obama and that he's the least embarrassing of all the Republicans candidates.

I am supposed to expect a sudden burst of selflessness out of him? Does anyone see this guy standing up for what is right and turning down an extra few bucks? He has way too much money invested into various industries to tell their lobbyists "no" for one thing.

I doubt there'd be any serious policy differences between Romney and Obama. Says more about Obama than it does Romney.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
The Republicans have blocked a record number of judicial and career appointments, for seemingly no reason other than petty politics. That shit didn't used to be acceptable, apparently it is now.

I don't know why political office isn't run like any other job. You know, having to show up for work. Doing stuff while you're there....

We pay their salary and then applaud any and all their moves and decisions. Mostly because political parties have become like sport teams. You pick one and they can do no wrong. You root for them and wear their jerseys.

This is total BS. Between all the ball-chasing on TV (NFL, MLB, NBA) you'd think the public would get their fill of that. Or maybe that's what exacerbates the human nature to pick sides and pledge unconditional allegiance. We're not samurai warriors and this isn't feudal Japan. It's okay to change your mind, to become disenchanted with a certain of way of thinking. We're supposed to be smarter than we were in the previous centuries.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
I doubt there'd be any serious policy differences between Romney and Obama. Says more about Obama than it does Romney.

This is true in some areas.

For the most part we have to consider the root of the problem - he is a conservative. Because if you ask me it's all a bunch of .

See my thread I'm about to make.

TheMorlock

Quote:
I don't know why political office isn't run like any other job. You know, having to show up for work. Doing stuff while you're there....

We pay their salary and then applaud any and all their moves and decisions. Mostly because political parties have become like sport teams. You pick one and they can do no wrong. You root for them and wear their jerseys.

This is total BS. Between all the ball-chasing on TV (NFL, MLB, NBA) you'd think the public would get their fill of that. Or maybe that's what exacerbates the human nature to pick sides and pledge unconditional allegiance. We're not samurai warriors and this isn't feudal Japan. It's okay to change your mind, to become disenchanted with a certain of way of thinking. We're supposed to be smarter than we were in the previous centuries.

Bravo

Quote:
Modern day Republicans stand for two things: bigotry and corporate profits

and not so bravo

you a sciz or something?

[H]ard|On

We don't have to agree on everything.

Republicans boarded the conservative train a long time ago. They use fear mongering to sell their platform to the ignorant masses and structure this country to favor big business in the background at the direct expense of the very people who voted them in.

Then you just rinse and repeat to keep the ball rolling. Don't look at economic indicators, poverty line and all that stuff - LOOK a gay man is trying to get gay-married!

Gibonius

Quote:
They use fear mongering to sell their platform to the ignorant masses and structure this country to favor big business in the background at the direct expense of the very people who voted them in.
Sadly the Democrats do more or less the same thing. But the issues they fear-monger about are less offensive to me than the current tactics of the Republicans, so that's that.

One of the things that I find really odious about the Republican party (which has percolated through the conservative echo chamber media apparatus to the public) is a really pervasive anti-science attitude. This is pretty new, both parties used to be very strongly pro-science. Being anti-knowledge, "anti-elitism" (read: anti-education and excellence) does not seem like formula for the future success of our nation. Pandering to the fearful morons of middle America sure isn't going to win my vote.