General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Just the Dept of "Homeland Security" has over 200,000 new employees since it's creation.

They spent $66,700,000,000 out of their allocated $98,800,000,000 in 2011.

Of course we need to cancel planned parenthood and public education before we touch that agency, I mean, how did we ever live without it with only the US Army, the US marines, the navy, the FBI, the CIA, ATF, Secret Service, US Marshals, US Airforce, Seals, rangers, etc.

I don't know how we did it. Must have been VERY dangerous that whole time we just didn't know it..............

ps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...eland_Security


we didint live without the navy and army and marines. You know that whole revolution thing. And then that whole civil war thing.

But thats beside the point. Point is there is no reason to let one source of waste continue just because there are others.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#211  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I think it's healthy for a society to get upset when people, rich or poor, are cheating the government out of money. Collective disregard for the rules is poisonous, and social scorn is a more powerful tool than relying on the government to catch and punish miscreants.

Perhaps.

People get entitled to many things, with the difference occasionally being a simple feeling that one feels the other guy isn't entitled to something. Certainly, getting disability benefits when one isn't disabled is one (though it should be again said there are many kinds of disabilities and not everyone of them has to be physical or debilitating to the point where you can't do simple housework).

I don't own a car and don't want one either, but you're entitled to your road where you can drive the fucking thing, if that is your wish. If I were to tell you that I am outraged how you feel you're entitled to thousands of miles of asphalt and people like me have to pay for your wellbeing, it's ridiculous even as a simple thought. It's a bit more ridiculous than getting angry for someone getting free money, but not enough to the point where one should be outraged for marginal abuse.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#212  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
and lets not forget to factor in the wages of the 50,000* government employees "administering" the programs


*looked like a nice number.

Once again you're making shit up. Admit you were lying before you piece of shit.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#213  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by competizione View Post
it's just one of the many ways in which the economy is fucked. not the only way. i was very angry when i posted this as my neighbor who has a "bad back" was cleaning out his gutters and laying down brick for a walkway. what you're saying is obvious anyway.

yes, just one of the ways. but to focus on the small ones while the big ones are the ones truly draining the system is stupid

perhaps you should do your duty and report your neighbor for fraud.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:43 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#214  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
we didint live without the navy and army and marines. You know that whole revolution thing. And then that whole civil war thing.

But thats beside the point. Point is there is no reason to let one source of waste continue just because there are others.

planned parenthood is not a source of waste. and there is certainly a point to looking at a much larger source of waste before worrying about a small one


now admit you were lying, asshole
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#215  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
here's a interesting little concept for you: Why not work on both?


If you think welfare fraud is negligible as someone else said in this thread, think again. It's a little more widespread then that.

BORKED

it's negligible because the entire budget is about two week's worth of combat operations in afghanistan. the entire fucking thing. even if every penny of that was fraud it would still be a drop in the bucket.

you can't work on both because the much larger one requires a much larger concerted effort to fix. if you waste time trying to fix the small leak while ignoring the large one you will accomplish nothing. fix the large one FIRST then look at the smaller ones. the smaller ones all put together don't even compare to the big ones.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#216  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
we didint live without the navy and army and marines. You know that whole revolution thing. And then that whole civil war thing.

But thats beside the point. Point is there is no reason to let one source of waste continue just because there are others.

What? I meant we got along just fine before. We already have many agencies in place to protect us, the coast, the air, the sea and the president.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#217  

competizione
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
yes, just one of the ways. but to focus on the small ones while the big ones are the ones truly draining the system is stupid

perhaps you should do your duty and report your neighbor for fraud.

It's a small way, yes. But doesn't it piss you off? It pisses me off just as much as the big reasons do, because my money from my paychecks go towards paying these assholes.

I probably shouldn't have posted that, I really wanted to rant about it.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:35 AM competizione is offline  
Reply With Quote
#218  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:07 PM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#219  

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
we didint live without the navy and army and marines. You know that whole revolution thing. And then that whole civil war thing.

But thats beside the point. Point is there is no reason to let one source of waste continue just because there are others.

are you really suggesting that there is less military waste than there is in, say, the public education system or panned parenthood? just wow...
Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#220  

brfatal
 
brfatal's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Military and defense spending is fucking ridiculous.

Our fucking NAVY has the second largest Air Force in the world, but sweet jesus we had better cut all those old people off Meals on Wheels because we can't fucking afford it.


The truth is, Republicans absolutely love the largest, most expensive, and most expansive government program in world history: the US military. They only hate government programs when they aren't used to kill people.

What you fail to see is how much military spending supports the US economy. The defense industry is huge and employs millions outside of US military. But, I guess republicans only spend money in order to kill people....hurr hurr hurr.
__________________
'02 WRX Fully Built EJ257 (sold)
'12 Genesis R-Spec Sedan
MrFolx's Intraweb F-Buddy
Old 06-02-2012, 03:14 PM brfatal is offline  
Reply With Quote
#221  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
What you fail to see is how much military spending supports the US economy. The defense industry is huge and employs millions outside of US military. But, I guess republicans only spend money in order to kill people....hurr hurr hurr.

That doesn't argue against what he said at all. There certainly is a significant economic effect of all that military spending. At the same time, it's grossly inefficient (both militarily and economically) and enormously bloated.

You either get to believe that government is fundamentally inefficient and wasteful or that the military is an efficient use of taxpayer money. You can't rationally believe both. All these "deficit hawks" who insists that we can't cut the military's budget by one penny (like Paul Ryan) are not serious thinkers; it's a bullshit ideology.

We have politicians calling for the elimination of entire federal agencies but we can't even discuss cutting the military's budget. It's barely acceptable to talk about not increasing their budget. Priorities are so fucked up in this country it's insane. Military is still the largest and most acceptable form of pork spending out there and it doesn't seem likely to change.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:04 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#222  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
What you fail to see is how much military spending supports the US economy. The defense industry is huge and employs millions outside of US military. But, I guess republicans only spend money in order to kill people....hurr hurr hurr.

no one fails to see that, the argument is that the money would be just as if not more effective is spent on other government programs. you dump half a trillion into NASA and the NSF and you'll see a boon the economy that no amount of defense development could ever match
Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#223  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by competizione View Post
It's a small way, yes. But doesn't it piss you off? It pisses me off just as much as the big reasons do, because my money from my paychecks go towards paying these assholes.

I probably shouldn't have posted that, I really wanted to rant about it.

people who have very little (even if it's their own fault) abusing the system to keep on living

vs

people who have a lot and abusing the system to get a lot more

the latter pisses me off more and it's also a bigger chunk of the problem
Old 06-02-2012, 04:12 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#224  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
no one fails to see that, the argument is that the money would be just as if not more effective is spent on other government programs. you dump half a trillion into NASA and the NSF and you'll see a boon the economy that no amount of defense development could ever match

NASA is technically military


But yes, please to be giving more funding to the people who pay my bills
Old 06-02-2012, 04:17 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#225  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.