General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I am one of the people who is fairly disenchanted by democracy and the voting system. It just seems to me voting doesn't really make a big enough difference to warrant so much mental investment in it. Generally I feel that McCain or Obama winning wouldn't really have made any big difference.

So if you disagee with my view on that, what I would really like to know is, lets say McCain got elected instead of Obama, what would be different right now? What did Obama do that McCain most certainly wouldn't have?

Now I know the cadidates SAY they will do things differently, but I am talking in terms of things actually and literally done. Not any 'philosophical differences' or 'ideological differences', I am wanting to know the differences in what has literally been done. What has literally changed thus far, what legislation has changed because of Obama that never would have happened under McCain?
dont ask dont tell, pulling out of iraq, disallowing insurance companies from denying based on pre-existing conditions, killing bin laden

i didnt even vote for obama, but im not purposefully pretending im blind either.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
when hardon asks this of you, you know you're fucked up

I'm flattered with your attempts, as feeble and predictable as they may be

5ive

Let's vote on it
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Also I thought this thread said "does vomiting matter"

I was let down to see this crap.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I respect facts and well thought out philosophical dissertations and viewpoints that come from a high enough vantage point.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
dont ask dont tell, pulling out of iraq, disallowing insurance companies from denying based on pre-existing conditions, killing bin laden

i didnt even vote for obama, but im not purposefully pretending im blind either.

I guess its kind of dependant on what ry_loonie defines as "big differences".
Getting some fucking shitskin killed overseas, or letting some fag actually be a fag in the army isn't exactly a "big difference".

I don't know, not really trying to make excuses for him, but those seem hardly major changes from any near radical perspective.

TUT RAGE!!!

Voting does not matter, elections are bought and paid for.

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:

Obama pulled the trigger on Osama right?!

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I guess its kind of dependant on what ry_loonie defines as "big differences".
Getting some fucking shitskin killed overseas, or letting some fag actually be a fag in the army isn't exactly a "big difference".

I don't know, not really trying to make excuses for him, but those seem hardly major changes from any near radical perspective.
cant argue with that, but they are changes that would likely not have happened under mccain, which is what he asked for.

Mccain would have made different changes.

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
cant argue with that, but they are changes that would likely not have happened under mccain, which is what he asked for.

Mccain would have made different changes.

Yeah McCain would have not pulled the trigger on Osama.

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

changes like what

Typical

Al Gore. If he wasn't cheated out of an election, we would all be happy little campers. The polar bears would be singing songs about him.

Jack's raging erection

I don't really think it matters. We have a two-party system, and both parties are full of shitheads that will call you anti-American or a terrorist if you use your brain for half a second. Every fucking one of those politicians we presumably elect based on their intentions for holding office have their campaigns bought and paid for by the corporations, which in turn force the politicians to do their bidding if they want big business's support for another term in their political career. So, it doesn't matter if I vote or not. Either way, I still feel that I have no legitimate representation. It's starting to seem more and more like the only vote that matters would be one given by a gun, and I'm going to need a hell of a lot more than just me for that vote to be successful. If we can't even come up with a federal budget, let alone agreeing on the date to hold the debate for it, how the fuck can we, as Americans, regain our rightful and just place of holding a government by the people, of the people, and for the people? This is why I hate working in a group. It's not that I'm anti-social. It's just that people are so god damn fucking stupid, selfish, and would rather fuck off than do anything about the problem that we, as a nation, face. Even the people that we allegedly elect to public office do fuck all to solve our problems. That's their only fucking job! So, again, voting is fucking pointless because our representatives do nothing but represent the space slightly above a chair and behind a desk being wasted.

tl;dr

No. Your vote doesn't mean shit.

People are fucking idiots.

There are lots of greedy mother fuckers out there.

People are pretty god damn lazy.

We're boned.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
changes like what

well the british government wants to get rid of the pint as a measure for beer in pubs and switch to liter and half liter measures.
And we know that McCain would never adopt such a radical change for america but obama might.

Jack's raging erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
well the british government wants to get rid of the pint as a measure for beer in pubs and switch to liter and half liter measures.

You probably can't, but have you ever read 1984? You know, that George Orwell book?

That line gave me a pretty serious moment to the point where I forgot you're a troll for a second.