Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Conservative circlejerk explained

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On

Some of you actually vote for these people after they pull the 1% Jedi Mind Trick on you.

Gays and Mexicans will take over if liberals get their way! Republican means family values! Lowering taxes for rich people will create more jobs

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Does making threads like this give you a sense of superiority and make you feel better about yourself and your pitiful life? I hope so..

How can anyone with half a brain rah-rah for either party in a country that has slowly twisted in the wind while our economy withers and people suffer. A two party system? A two party sham! Really a single party, focused only on maintaining the status quo no matter the consequences. No vision for a better tomorrow, only a vision for what strings need to be pulled to secure re-election...*cough*  amnesty for young illegals  *cough*

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT

still, life has been better when we had a republican president as far as ive lived.

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Does making threads like this give you a sense of superiority and make you feel better about yourself and your pitiful life? I hope so..

How can anyone with half a brain rah-rah for either party in a country that has slowly twisted in the wind while our economy withers and people suffer. A two party system? A two party sham! Really a single party, focused only on maintaining the status quo no matter the consequences. No vision for a better tomorrow, only a vision for what strings need to be pulled to secure re-election...*cough*  amnesty for young illegals  *cough*

lolz Romney got fucked by that decision
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
lolz Romney got fucked by that decision
Yeah, it was purely an election year political move. On the surface it sounds good:
Had to have arrived here under the age of 16
currently attending or graduated school
served in the military
been in the country for 5 years
no criminal record

The problem is that "undocumented" means that it will be hard to determine exactly which age they entered the country...and 15 isn't exactly too young to have made the jump on their own. (not brought in by parents). Also this sends a message to prospective illegals still in their own country that at least their kids will have a chance if they go ahead and risk the border jump..

At the basic level I support this plan, but still think it's not a good idea until the borders are more secured....and it's not even close right now.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

5ive

Quote:
Yeah, it was purely an election year political move. On the surface it sounds good:
Had to have arrived here under the age of 16
currently attending or graduated school
served in the military
been in the country for 5 years
no criminal record

The problem is that "undocumented" means that it will be hard to determine exactly which age they entered the country...and 15 isn't exactly too young to have made the jump on their own. (not brought in by parents). Also this sends a message to prospective illegals still in their own country that at least their kids will have a chance if they go ahead and risk the border jump..

At the basic level I support this plan, but still think it's not a good idea until the borders are more secured....and it's not even close right now.

It's usually p easy cause most of them are Americanized, and I srsly doubt most 15 year olds decided to cross the border on their own - don't be absurd.

edit: No doubt this is just a temporary band aid, though.

Last edited by 5ive; 06-16-2012 at 11:11 AM..

joemama

Quote:
It's usually p easy cause most of them are Americanized, and I srsly doubt most 15 year olds decided to cross the border on their own - don't be absurd.

Yeah, kids under 16 never run away from home for any reason...that's absurd. Not that I think that particular case will be large enough to make a difference, but this just seems like a "if the dam is full of holes, just have everyone downstream learn how to swim" solution. Do whatever it takes to make sure the majority of people entering the country are doing it legally...and then take care of those already here and otherwise playing by the rules.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

topcat989

Quote:

yep.

Gibonius

This isn't an amnesty, and immigration has actually slowed down to the point where we're losing more immigrants than we're gaining.

Immigrants come here for economic reasons. Slow economy, fewer immigrants. Few of them are going to be incentivized to jump the border because of a dubious promise that their kids won't be deported years down the road when they try to go to school. Dubious because this is just an executive decision and could be revoked at any time (say... on election of Republican).

Also Obama's deported a record number of illegals. Part of the politics behind this move is making up for grumpiness about how tough he's been on deportations.

5ive

Quote:
Yeah, kids under 16 never run away from home for any reason...that's absurd. Not that I think that particular case will be large enough to make a difference, but this just seems like a "if the dam is full of holes, just have everyone downstream learn how to swim" solution. Do whatever it takes to make sure the majority of people entering the country are doing it legally...and then take care of those already here and otherwise playing by the rules.

Running away from home =! immigrating to a country that speaks a different language, has a different culture, and dislikes you and your kind. I bet that the number of kids who immigrated here on their own is so infinitesimal that welfare queens outnumber them 100 to 1 (this joke only works if you're liberal). I do agree with you that this is hardly a fix to the immigration problem

I Sell Your Kid Drugs

Quote:
Running away from home =! immigrating to a country that speaks a different language, has a different culture, and dislikes you and your kind. I bet that the number of kids who immigrated here on their own is so infinitesimal that welfare queens outnumber them 100 to 1 (this joke only works if you're liberal). I do agree with you that this is hardly a fix to the immigration problem

Not saying you are wrong or anything but I just wanted to add that here in Southern California there is such a heavy population of Latino immigrants that they honestly control entire cities, turning them into enclaves of illegals. It's perfect for the new arrivals because they live in one of these places and they don't have to face any discrimination. In fact nowadays in LA, if you are Mexican and you're lucky enough to find a job within one of those communities, you honestly never have to interface with white people. Seriously, it's pretty weird when you go through these parts of town, going from shop to shop, and NO ONE speaks any English, and all the signs are in Spanish, and it feels and looks exactly like Mexico. The fact is California is slowly turning into Mexico (back into Mexico really), and the illegals who come here it's almost like they just moved into a nicer part of home.

Gibonius

Quote:

"Kids" grow up a lot faster in harsh environments though. It wouldn't surprise me if a good number of under 18 year olds cross the border on their own. I don't know where it would taper off, 14 or so would be my guess.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

yeah because all the mexican gang members that came over got their parents to car pool them.

[H]ard|On

Quote:

Yes i feel superior to some of the posters on here, it's true. Not all of them of course. Some inspire me to be better. You're in the middle somewhere.

But seriously the democrats are way less evil, that's a scientific fact.