General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Our soldiers haven't been used to defend our rights since WW2.

the very notion, by the way, that the soldiers are specifically defending "the rights", as opposed to "the people behind their back", is already a part of US propaganda. just about everywhere else it's the people that the military protects, not the laws or the civic system. or the "rights". you and i talked about this; here "liberty", "freedom" etc. are such strong brands that saying "military defends rights" creates a stronger mental reaction than saying "military defends people". because fuck people, it's not like the very point the civic system exists is to improve their lives.
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 AM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

captainjerk
I posted a picture of my small penis on pornmay. thread id=1755
 
captainjerk's Avatar
 
someone explain this to me

when a group of US soldiers ties a bunch of terrorists together and sodomizes them the entire media and hippies make a fuss about it

but hippies were all bitching that we should "make love, not war"
__________________
boooooya 75 redmage 75 blackmage 75 beastmaster 75 corsair 75 Paladin

b0b3- ex romance

blg dinger- eternal bro-mance

f911df1dd5cb0e9e21d107305508e95e [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM captainjerk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjerk View Post
someone explain this to me

when a group of US soldiers ties a bunch of terrorists together and sodomizes them the entire media and hippies make a fuss about it

but hippies were all bitching that we should "make love, not war"

come here baby and let me love you.
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:25 AM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Welp, got two Russian ex-pats in this thread that are disturbed by the pressure to pledge allegiance to a country they have none for..

I'm shocked.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Welp, got two Russian ex-pats in this thread that are disturbed by the pressure to pledge allegiance to a country they have none for..

I'm shocked.

You are missing the argument entirely. It's the propaganda that scares, not just liking one's country. Ritualizing the prayer to a flag is propaganda, and that's fucking scary. Has nothing to do with where I am from by the way.
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

i am teh funk
 
you're right but they'll never see it
Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 PM i am teh funk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
god forbid a country tries to foster pride and nationalism in its young populace. god knows amerikkka is lacking in the culture department, and holy fucking shit if they try to introduce a little tradition...

not to mention the fact that it is totally within your rights to abstain completely from it.

of all things to get butt hurt about this hyper capitalist shit hole run by clandestine jew bankers, this is the last thing to make a fuss about
__________________
lol
Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
also @ "1st reich"

it's like you never even graduated high school and just read huffpo all day and copy what you hear on it in an attempt to sound really smart but you even manage to fuck THAT up

pretty sure the HRE didn't have a sprawling public school system that made their children pledge to a flag
__________________
lol
Old 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
and finally the only thing really mccarthyist about the current pledge of allegiance is the addition of the "under god" phrase

in fact it predates mccarthy by nearly five decades and was written by a christian socialist of all people....
__________________
lol
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

i am teh funk
 
fuck nationalism though
Old 06-24-2012, 03:09 PM i am teh funk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.
 
asa's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope View Post
Reich is a German word that roughly translates into "empire" and I fail to see how a failed 3rd empire comes into play here.

Ignorance of the German language notwithstanding, we haven't had a significant danger to the US government since 1812 and at that time none of the soldiers would have wanted anything to do with a single country because America was originally founded and thought of as a union of states, not a single country.

However, when I was growing up as a twinkly eyed young lad in our great public school system(motto: teechin youre keds) the pledge was nothing more than a morning ritual that interrupted the time we would be putting gum in girls hair and other important things. I never felt patriotic and whether there is or isn't a pledge in the morning won't make a bit of difference to a bunch of public school kids who are completely apathetic to the whole issue.

you're an idiot
the War of 1812 was a fucking mistake, there was no threat there, it was posturing between the US, France, and Britain that started the war
mainly posturing between France and Britain
__________________
1967 Ford Mustang, Inline Six, will i ever get this T5 installed?
my build
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=786083

Asa of the Infidel Crew
Old 06-24-2012, 03:45 PM asa is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Welp, got two Russian ex-pats in this thread that are disturbed by the pressure to pledge allegiance to a country they have none for..

I'm shocked.
Obviously, children actually comprehend what is "allegiance" and have plenty of it, right

I guess that's why they're pretty much forced to recite that shit. I guess it's not conditioning, when you can say on the internet that it's "voluntary". Religion shouldn't be taught in school, neither does this shit and anyone that thinks otherwise can go kill themselves, be it for the purpose of meeting the sky daddy or getting shot for your "freedom".
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 06-24-2012, 05:41 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas
 
augusttremulous's Avatar
 
It's creepy. Kids are saying it before they ever comprehend what they're saying.

And as far as prayer in school goes, it's not that students cannot themselves pray, it cannot be encouraged/run/hheaded by school officials, even if voluntary. This is because even things that are voluntary/not compulsory can be seen as pressuring students into conforming. Under the precedent of Engel v. Vitale, it is essentially tantamount to school-led prayer and as such should not be allowed.

link to whole case:
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...=370&invol=421

Engel v. Vitale does not talk about the Pledge of Allegiance, it is about a different non-denominational school-led prayer, however I believe many of the findings fit with it.



Quote:
There can be no doubt that New York's state prayer program officially establishes the religious beliefs embodied in the Regents' prayer. The respondents' argument to the contrary, which is largely based upon the contention that the Regents' prayer is "non-denominational" and the fact that the program, as modified and approved by state courts, does not require all pupils to recite the prayer but permits those who wish to do so to remain silent or be excused from the room, ignores the essential nature of the program's constitutional defects. Neither the fact that the prayer may be denominationally neutral nor the fact that its observance on the part of the students is voluntary can serve to free it from the limitations of the Establishment Clause, as it might from the Free Exercise Clause, of the First Amendment, both of which are operative against the States by virtue of the Fourteenth Amendment. Although these two clauses may in certain instances overlap, they forbid two quite different kinds of governmental encroachment upon religious freedom. The Establishment Clause, unlike the Free Exercise Clause, does not depend upon any showing of direct governmental compulsion and is violated by the enactment of laws which establish an official religion whether those laws operate directly to coerce nonobserving individuals or not. This is not to say, of course, that [370 U.S. 421, 431] laws officially prescribing a particular form of religious worship do not involve coercion of such individuals. When the power, prestige and financial support of government is placed behind a particular religious belief, the indirect coercive pressure upon religious minorities to conform to the prevailing officially approved religion is plain.
__________________
d4rkspike, wrxhottie, whizzleteets, and asa
Arátoeldar = dad
OddFactor is my spoiled grandson,sloths is my leetle bro
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:
Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM augusttremulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pojke View Post
If you have too many friends on fb, things like this are a good way to start weeding them out. You can be pretty sure that anyone sharing that is a moron. The same types will usually be posting similar shit about how awful it is that "we can't pray in our schools" etc.

Ive done this before. Now I just set their setting so there's no more updates and forget about it.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 06-25-2012, 03:27 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope View Post
Not sure how you did it, it's a rather simple term, however, I can tell you where you misused it.

Okay so again how did I misuse it?

Are you latching into the "1st" thing? I corrected that in the following post before anyone else said anything.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 06-25-2012, 03:28 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.