General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

teh_rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
The Hero Of Iran

Mohammad Mosaddegh

Maybe you should read a little about the people you post about.

who exactly, of any significance and recognition, referred to him as "the champion of justice"? you sure this isn't one of your common attempts to pretend to know more than you actually do? cuz i mean, unless you are referring to the fact that he was for a time a minister of justice, how the fuck is that a reasonable monicker for him?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

try to not be a tard mmkay?

teh_rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
try to not be a tard mmkay?

oh, sorry to be too much for you again sugar. well that's ok, i am sure your intimate knowledge about cars, weapons program and fusion power will keep your self esteem above sea level.

oh wait.

TheMorlock

so when did this thread become about your ego being shattered?

Do you need a hug?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
u can't be srs. the soviets did all of the heavy lifting while amerikka was on the side lines profiteering as they always do

Wow nice.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
If by "heavy lifting" you mean provide millions of cannon fodder targets for the Nazi's to waste their ammo on.....and then wait for the arctic circle winter to do the rest....then yes.

America didn't "win" WW2 on it's own, but you can be damn sure things would have turned out differently if Hitler didn't have the Americans helping out their allies. Even your beloved Russians may not have been successful without Roosevelts Lend lease program....along with England and France as well.

US joined the war when it was damn near over not to lose control over the division of Germany. D-day was liberation of France.... Japan was a lame excuse to enter the fray. Philippines were completely unnecessary.

The second front was helpful but after Kursk nothing really mattered. Just like initially Germany forced Russia to innovate, Russia responded and forced Germany to innovate once again stretching it's already thin resources. For example when T34 was launched germans didn't even have anything to penetrate it. Pz3/4s were a joke in comparison.

Tiger/Panther/Ferdinand = germany was FORCED to build them BECAUSE of Russia. France, netherlands, Poland all rolled over and took it in the ass. Hitler had no need for fancier technology until the motherland started to slap him around.

Russia beat the Germans, period. Look up Kursk, or anything about the war beyond 5th grade elementary "america fuck yeah" "history"

Ps. yes germans didn't know what snow is. Never seen it. That is the only reason Russia beat their ass......

Gibonius

And the US beat Japan, a factor of WWII that seems to be largely ignored in these discussions. Russia would have had trouble fighting on another front.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
And the US beat Japan, a factor of WWII that seems to be largely ignored in these discussions. Russia would have had trouble fighting on another front.

They defended their island and immediate regions well. Good navy for the size of country and decent air abilities. Wasn't key to a whole lot in Europe however. USA did other things that are often ignored though!

USSR - Did most of the brawling - numbers dont lie.
UK - Defended itself, further stretching German resources; prevented nazi expansion/control in Africa and kept the Nazi navy in check.
USA - provided a lot of industrial support to Russia and UK during the war, liberated France towards the end and bitch slapped Japan for attacking Hawaii.

It's quite possible that without the American trucks for example, which were sometimes key in supplying Russian lines with oil, fuel, food and ammo that Russia would have had an even harder time. It truly was a multinational effort and it's not proper to belittle anyone's contributions. It is then extra ignorant to say that Russia wasn't a (if not THE) key player. As Germany's most immediate neighbor with the largest army it was more than just a thorn in their side. Hitler blew it big time when he broke his pact with Stalin. As the war went on and the Red Army learned how to counter Hitler's strategies two things happened - Soviet generals got better and Stalin allowed them to make more decisions after seeing their success, for example General Zhukov. As the Nazi army got bogged down, Hitler began to make more decisions himself - swapping out Field Marshals as if they were boxer shorts. Needless to say he was usually as wrong as the entire war in the first place.

Example of important US contribution:

Soviet "Katyusha" multiple rocket launcher. Mounted on a Lend-Lease Studebaker truck. Others were used for supply delivery and performed other important tasks. While Russia re-geared for mass industrial war time production American help was extremely appreciated.

Last edited by [H]ard|On; 07-06-2012 at 07:46 PM..

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

^katushya wasn't a very good weapon, it was just really scary and meant to use in a "shock and awe" setting

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
They defended their island and immediate regions well. Good navy for the size of country and decent air abilities. Wasn't key to a whole lot in Europe however. USA did other things that are often ignored though!

If the US hadn't engaged Japan in the Pacific, Japan would have been able to attack Soviet power east of the Urals. It would have really changed the war. No need to minimize the US role by focusing on the European theater instead of the world, it was after all a World War.

Not to mention, the US was in the Western theater much earlier than D-Day. We took care of Africa from 1942 onwards, which was big for denying the Axis petroleum. We invaded Italy in 1943, hardly at the end of the war.

The Soviets obviously did an enormous amount of fighting, but it's a lot more complicated than simply lololol the Russians fought the Germans the most lololol D-Day wasn't until 1944 hurhurhur.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
If the US hadn't engaged Japan in the Pacific, Japan would have been able to attack Soviet power east of the Urals. It would have really changed the war. No need to minimize the US role by focusing on the European theater instead of the world, it was after all a World War.

Not to mention, the US was in the Western theater much earlier than D-Day. We took care of Africa from 1942 onwards, which was big for denying the Axis petroleum. We invaded Italy in 1943, hardly at the end of the war.

The Soviets obviously did an enormous amount of fighting, but it's a lot more complicated than simply lololol the Russians fought the Germans the most lololol D-Day wasn't until 1944 hurhurhur.

There is nothing east of the Urals to attack. Other than that yes, US helped directly too. Allies got very close to Berlin by the time the red army got in. Even though the "race to berlin" refers to a race between two Russian commanders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_Berlin

Gibonius

Quote:
There is nothing east of the Urals to attack.

Uh, other than the entire relocated Russian industrial base.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:

US joined the war when it was damn near over not to lose control over the division of Germany. D-day was liberation of France.... Japan was a lame excuse to enter the fray. Philippines were completely unnecessary.

The second front was helpful but after Kursk nothing really mattered. Just like initially Germany forced Russia to innovate, Russia responded and forced Germany to innovate once again stretching it's already thin resources. For example when T34 was launched germans didn't even have anything to penetrate it. Pz3/4s were a joke in comparison.

Tiger/Panther/Ferdinand = germany was FORCED to build them BECAUSE of Russia. France, netherlands, Poland all rolled over and took it in the ass. Hitler had no need for fancier technology until the motherland started to slap him around.

Russia beat the Germans, period. Look up Kursk, or anything about the war beyond 5th grade elementary "america fuck yeah" "history"

Ps. yes germans didn't know what snow is. Never seen it. That is the only reason Russia beat their ass......

How is what you arote anything other than "Russia FUCK YEAH!!!1" ? Nobody is debating that Russian contributions to the war effort played a big part in defeating Hitler, but I think even the most diehard Stalinist would concede that if the Soviets had to stand alone against the Nazi's things would not have ended like they did..

And saying that "the U.S. joined the war when it was damn near over" is a stupid statement and means that you're the one that needs to go back and read some history. Firstly you're implying that the war in Europe would have lasted the exact same length if America decided to sit this one out (both literally and Lend/Lease).....and then you completely ignore the significance of the non-European theaters that were going on before the U.S. reached Europe.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

^^dude things were more or less over by kursk and kharkov for the third reich. if the americans didn't get involved the soviets would have just been in berlin a few months later than they were originally. plus hitler was all fucked up on meth at the time.

and i'm not even saying this to troll. lend lease played a massive role but the actual war effort on the western front was milquetoast at the best in terms of the end result.

TheMorlock

you trying for ry goody's crown?