General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
Of course they are. I was forced to go to church as a child.

I would urge you to become more atheist.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
A plant does not grow towards the light because it fears darkness.

Da fuq? Plants move towards light sources because of phototropism. It has nothing to do with fear or the absence thereof, because it's a goddamn plant.

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-01-2012 at 09:42 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
ry_goody is my anti drug
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-01-2012, 09:53 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I would urge you to become more atheist.

I would urge you to become less loony.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
I would urge you to become less loony.

to me that translates to
"I urge you to become more western-style-religious"
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Da fuq? Plants move towards light sources because of phototropism. It has nothing to do with fear or the absence thereof, because it's a goddamn plant.

everything operates on the same underlying forces of motion and growth
Old 07-01-2012, 10:01 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
everything operates on the same underlying forces of motion and growth

um no. You see, plants have a growth chemical in certain areas that is antagonized by light. So the side opposite the light grows faster and swings the energy capturing surfaces to best catch the light.

While at the same time gravity pulls a growth inhibiting compound out of the upper areas of the plant so the plant grows higher to out compete competition. While at the same time promoting growth of root tendrils.

You fucknut.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
to me that translates to
"I urge you to become more western-style-religious"

to me that translates to
"I add context to things that just aren't there"
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
um no. You see, plants have a growth chemical in certain areas that is antagonized by light. So the side opposite the light grows faster and swings the energy capturing surfaces to best catch the light.

While at the same time gravity pulls a growth inhibiting compound out of the upper areas of the plant so the plant grows higher to out compete competition. While at the same time promoting growth of root tendrils.

You fucknut.

im reffering to something deeper

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct
Old 07-02-2012, 01:22 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
to me that translates to
"I add context to things that just aren't there"

what... you yourself said you were raised in a church household and obviously had attributes from these mental frameworks imprinted on you, I'm just keeping things in proper context.

It is a great error to believe that you just popped out as 'you' with your current perception, as some cleanly developed slate of perception. Your viewpoint, and the way your brain filters information is the result of years and years of environmental influence and imprints from your parents and relatives. You are not 'you', meaning, some unique development of objectivity and correctness, you are the culmination of your past imprints. Only if you undergo the process of completely wiping your brain clean of all past imprints can you only be considered 'you' in a true sense. Otherwise 'you' are the just the psychological residue of your parents, you relatives, your teachers, your favorite artists, maybe there some true 'you' in there as well, but it's all mixed in with everything else.

Last edited by dio; 07-02-2012 at 01:33 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
im reffering to something deeper

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct

the only thing deeper you know about is the you wade through after it pours out of your mouth.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
You make ten dozen threads and everyone of them ends with you declaring yourself smart and how no one just understands you


In kriya yoga they'd probably say you should consider all options
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
im reffering to something deeper

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct

You always come back to this. In every thread--in your "zero energy" thread, your sunspot thread, your language/syntax thread. Every time someone with real knowledge of science or of the particular field you're BSing about comes around and legitimately explains it to you, you inevitably say "there's something deeper that only I understand--you think your "science" is right but only I have true knowledge!!"

You. Are. A. Fraud. Besides, who needs all that fancy learnin' when you can just be a drugged up loser.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 AM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
im reffering to something deeper

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct

oh the irony
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 AM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
what... you yourself said you were raised in a church household and obviously had attributes from these mental frameworks imprinted on you, I'm just keeping things in proper context.

It is a great error to believe that you just popped out as 'you' with your current perception, as some cleanly developed slate of perception. Your viewpoint, and the way your brain filters information is the result of years and years of environmental influence and imprints from your parents and relatives. You are not 'you', meaning, some unique development of objectivity and correctness, you are the culmination of your past imprints. Only if you undergo the process of completely wiping your brain clean of all past imprints can you only be considered 'you' in a true sense. Otherwise 'you' are the just the psychological residue of your parents, you relatives, your teachers, your favorite artists, maybe there some true 'you' in there as well, but it's all mixed in with everything else.

Your upbringing, these "imprints" you speak of, are what make you, "you". You wipe your brain of these "imprints", you effectively destroy yourself and become an empty shell. Basically, you are advocating brainwashing. Wiping the slate clean and refilling your brain with your preferred "imprint".

And as far as you saying "I'm just keeping things in proper context.". No, you're not. You take the reality of the situation, add your own level of imaginary context(or "imprint", if you will), and then vomit out a bunch of at random to make yourself seem deep and thoughtful. You are the internet equivalent of a babbling homeless person holding up hand written cardboard signs on freeway off ramps.

*tosses handful of change in your direction*
Clean yourself up and get something to eat. And don't forget to supersize it. Bitch
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 AM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.