General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
Of course they are. I was forced to go to church as a child.

I would urge you to become more atheist.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
A plant does not grow towards the light because it fears darkness.

Da fuq? Plants move towards light sources because of phototropism. It has nothing to do with fear or the absence thereof, because it's a goddamn plant.

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-01-2012 at 09:42 PM..

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

ry_goody is my anti drug

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Quote:
I would urge you to become more atheist.

I would urge you to become less loony.

dio

Quote:
I would urge you to become less loony.

to me that translates to
"I urge you to become more western-style-religious"

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Da fuq? Plants move towards light sources because of phototropism. It has nothing to do with fear or the absence thereof, because it's a goddamn plant.

everything operates on the same underlying forces of motion and growth

TheMorlock

Quote:
everything operates on the same underlying forces of motion and growth

um no. You see, plants have a growth chemical in certain areas that is antagonized by light. So the side opposite the light grows faster and swings the energy capturing surfaces to best catch the light.

While at the same time gravity pulls a growth inhibiting compound out of the upper areas of the plant so the plant grows higher to out compete competition. While at the same time promoting growth of root tendrils.

You fucknut.

Kahnza

Quote:
to me that translates to
"I urge you to become more western-style-religious"

to me that translates to
"I add context to things that just aren't there"

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
um no. You see, plants have a growth chemical in certain areas that is antagonized by light. So the side opposite the light grows faster and swings the energy capturing surfaces to best catch the light.

While at the same time gravity pulls a growth inhibiting compound out of the upper areas of the plant so the plant grows higher to out compete competition. While at the same time promoting growth of root tendrils.

You fucknut.

im reffering to something deeper

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct

dio

Quote:
to me that translates to
"I add context to things that just aren't there"

what... you yourself said you were raised in a church household and obviously had attributes from these mental frameworks imprinted on you, I'm just keeping things in proper context.

It is a great error to believe that you just popped out as 'you' with your current perception, as some cleanly developed slate of perception. Your viewpoint, and the way your brain filters information is the result of years and years of environmental influence and imprints from your parents and relatives. You are not 'you', meaning, some unique development of objectivity and correctness, you are the culmination of your past imprints. Only if you undergo the process of completely wiping your brain clean of all past imprints can you only be considered 'you' in a true sense. Otherwise 'you' are the just the psychological residue of your parents, you relatives, your teachers, your favorite artists, maybe there some true 'you' in there as well, but it's all mixed in with everything else.

Last edited by dio; 07-02-2012 at 01:33 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:

just because you can produce more big sounding words on a subject doesnt make you correct

the only thing deeper you know about is the you wade through after it pours out of your mouth.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

You make ten dozen threads and everyone of them ends with you declaring yourself smart and how no one just understands you

In kriya yoga they'd probably say you should consider all options

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:

You always come back to this. In every thread--in your "zero energy" thread, your sunspot thread, your language/syntax thread. Every time someone with real knowledge of science or of the particular field you're BSing about comes around and legitimately explains it to you, you inevitably say "there's something deeper that only I understand--you think your "science" is right but only I have true knowledge!!"

You. Are. A. Fraud. Besides, who needs all that fancy learnin' when you can just be a drugged up loser.

Kahnza

Quote:

oh the irony

Kahnza

Quote:
what... you yourself said you were raised in a church household and obviously had attributes from these mental frameworks imprinted on you, I'm just keeping things in proper context.

It is a great error to believe that you just popped out as 'you' with your current perception, as some cleanly developed slate of perception. Your viewpoint, and the way your brain filters information is the result of years and years of environmental influence and imprints from your parents and relatives. You are not 'you', meaning, some unique development of objectivity and correctness, you are the culmination of your past imprints. Only if you undergo the process of completely wiping your brain clean of all past imprints can you only be considered 'you' in a true sense. Otherwise 'you' are the just the psychological residue of your parents, you relatives, your teachers, your favorite artists, maybe there some true 'you' in there as well, but it's all mixed in with everything else.

Your upbringing, these "imprints" you speak of, are what make you, "you". You wipe your brain of these "imprints", you effectively destroy yourself and become an empty shell. Basically, you are advocating brainwashing. Wiping the slate clean and refilling your brain with your preferred "imprint".

And as far as you saying "I'm just keeping things in proper context.". No, you're not. You take the reality of the situation, add your own level of imaginary context(or "imprint", if you will), and then vomit out a bunch of at random to make yourself seem deep and thoughtful. You are the internet equivalent of a babbling homeless person holding up hand written cardboard signs on freeway off ramps.

*tosses handful of change in your direction*
Clean yourself up and get something to eat. And don't forget to supersize it. Bitch