General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
the only thing deeper you know about is the you wade through after it pours out of your mouth.



Stop using them big sounding words!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 AM edplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vote McCain!
Retardism
 
Vote McCain!'s Avatar
 
dio's thread making privileges are the only thing that should be ending
Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 PM Vote McCain! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
It dawned on me recently, today actually, that history is gone, it does not really exist. I don't mean this metaphorically either.

Now right now, this very moment we still have a vague concept of 'history', the holocaust happened, ww2 happened, the greeks whatever. We all have this common conception of 'history', and thats what I am referring to with the word 'history'. I am not referring to actual literal history, rather I am referring to the academic concept of history. I am referring to how we all have some subconcious imprint put in us through history textbooks about 'where we came from' and 'what happened 100 years ago', and we all generally have the same idea on this. This consensus of the past in our culture, brought on by cultural brainwashing in the education system from a young age, is what I am referring to with the word history. It dawned on me this is gradually disappearing.

Because think about. Think about the last 10 years. What would even be taught as history?! So much stuff is happening, and so much stuff is happening quicker and quicker, there is no clearly identified path to follow in the development of anything. There is no simple timeline of events like "ww1 happened, ww2 happened, this led to the holocaust, this led to whatever". I mean in the past 10 years you could say "9-11 attacks happened and this led the middle eastern war", but that information hardly gives the slightest shred of insight into what really was occuring in the world to shape it during that time, then further than that, there is so much controversy surrounding the 9-11 attacks and the iraq war that it will not be possible for it to be taught one single way. Which is another whole component.

For 'History' to exist in the way it always has existed, someone, typically the governing body in power, has to own history. The governing body maintains the records, prints the books, and imprints into children the history they want kids to believe, which lets not kid ourselves, that is primary function of history class taught in elementary and high school. But there is no longer any central governing body that has absolute control over records of data like once was. All of our records are public, all of our records are a free for all now. Now one owns history anymore, history has been released from the grips of those few in power. Which is why I say history no longer exists. What 'History' has been for all of existence prior it no longer is now. There is no longer one singular mass cultural brainwashing imprint known as 'history'. History is ending.

It is coming to pass that the only real representation of OUR past that we have is the genetics in our body. Everything else is just heresay and stories.

Oh and almost forgot...in response to this...


__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 07-02-2012, 12:32 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Oh and almost forgot...in response to this...



i want to ride a pegasus.

and i'm not talking about fucking fluttershy.

edit: i'd be more apt to fuck rainbow dash.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 07-02-2012, 04:23 PM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
ry, you're nothing if not entertaining. We probably don't ban you because you're just too much fun.

__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 PM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
ry, you're nothing if not entertaining. We probably don't ban you because you're just too much fun.


thats just going to go to his head which doesn't exist.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 PM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

aoeoae
 
aoeoae's Avatar
 
no one has owned history. we still dig shit up that alters our understanding of the past beyond what was recorded at the time. and i'm not talking just thousands of years ago, google sally hemmings. also the A leads to B that we read today in history is just the digest of historians. it seemed more complicated to the people of the time, just as the present does to us now.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM aoeoae is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeoae View Post
no one has owned history. we still dig shit up that alters our understanding of the past beyond what was recorded at the time. and i'm not talking just thousands of years ago, google sally hemmings. also the A leads to B that we read today in history is just the digest of historians. it seemed more complicated to the people of the time, just as the present does to us now.

words are just a modality.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 PM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
words are just a modality.

You're pretty good at this.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You're pretty good at this.

i know right?

or do i know? knowing is just a construct of societal norms further enforced by the status quo which is just an abstract concept fabricated by the human mind to give itself some manner of cohesion in the physical realm.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
You always come back to this. In every thread--in your "zero energy" thread, your sunspot thread, your language/syntax thread. Every time someone with real knowledge of science or of the particular field you're BSing about comes around and legitimately explains it to you, you inevitably say "there's something deeper that only I understand--you think your "science" is right but only I have true knowledge!!"

You. Are. A. Fraud. Besides, who needs all that fancy learnin' when you can just be a drugged up loser.

I wasn't trying to my way through plant biology, I wasn't trying to make a scientific argument. What morlock said was completely true, but it's besides my point, that I am using the patterns of nature as an insight into the patterns of life in a spiritual sense.

The reason I give you so little credit is because everytime you attempt to go on some rant of yours like this you never even once signified that you even understood what I originally said.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeoae View Post
no one has owned history. we still dig shit up that alters our understanding of the past beyond what was recorded at the time. and i'm not talking just thousands of years ago, google sally hemmings. also the A leads to B that we read today in history is just the digest of historians. it seemed more complicated to the people of the time, just as the present does to us now.

this is also partially my point at this time and age

50 years ago there was no digging up and presenting conflicting viewpoints of history, you got what you were gave in school by government sanctioned textbooks

today history is a free for all... its something else entirely, no longer can an entity project out a single view of history and maintain it

one of the major mind control structures of the past is collapsing
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I wasn't trying to my way through plant biology, I wasn't trying to make a scientific argument. What morlock said was completely true, but it's besides my point, that I am using the patterns of nature as an insight into the patterns of life in a spiritual sense.

The reason I give you so little credit is because everytime you attempt to go on some rant of yours like this you never even once signified that you even understood what I originally said.

patterns in nature are observed by the human mind, they're as substantial as observable history. this means that after you observe them, they no longer exist.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
Your upbringing, these "imprints" you speak of, are what make you, "you". You wipe your brain of these "imprints", you effectively destroy yourself and become an empty shell. Basically, you are advocating brainwashing. Wiping the slate clean and refilling your brain with your preferred "imprint".

And as far as you saying "I'm just keeping things in proper context.". No, you're not. You take the reality of the situation, add your own level of imaginary context(or "imprint", if you will), and then vomit out a bunch of at random to make yourself seem deep and thoughtful. You are the internet equivalent of a babbling homeless person holding up hand written cardboard signs on freeway off ramps.

*tosses handful of change in your direction*
Clean yourself up and get something to eat. And don't forget to supersize it. Bitch

I sympathize with street prophets alot. If it weren't for my addiction to technology, and thus highly advanced skills in technology, and thus my ability to very easily make a good amount of money, I would probably be on the streets, because nothing else would hold my attention in this culture intensely enough for me to stay here otherwise. I was most certainly a wandering storyteller / shaman type figure in past lives.

also, you are not your imprints, detroying your imprints is not destroying yourself. Your identitiy is much more than just the happenstance of your past circumstances.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
patterns in nature are observed by the human mind, they're as substantial as observable history. this means that after you observe them, they no longer exist.

this is in essense true, it is all dust in the wind

however all observations do hone and refine the presence of yourself that does truly exist

transient and forgettable, but never without purpose
Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.