General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
The problem with the government dispensing drugs (btw, can you imagine a government lackey handing out something that was originally a veterinary anesthetic?) is they (and we by proxy) are responsible for the consequences. Are these same people who would never do hard drugs illegal or otherwise going to be fine paying extra taxes to take care of the people that do? Yes, I know we're already paying for it one way or the other...but as it is now the percieved responsibility is on the users and dealers who are breaking the law.

...why do you assume all drugs are equal in effect on society and the human body?

edit: theres a lot of over the counter drugs out there that use to be prescription.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
fucking armchair psychologists

BORKED

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
The problem with the government dispensing drugs (btw, can you imagine a government lackey handing out something that was originally a veterinary anesthetic?) is they (and we by proxy) are responsible for the consequences. Are these same people who would never do hard drugs illegal or otherwise going to be fine paying extra taxes to take care of the people that do? Yes, I know we're already paying for it one way or the other...but as it is now the percieved responsibility is on the users and dealers who are breaking the law.

What extra taxes? If we stop locking people up by the millions for possessing tiny amounts of drugs it will save tax payers money.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
What extra taxes? If we stop locking people up by the millions for possessing tiny amounts of drugs it will save tax payers money.

TSRH

And then we can let local growers "in source" dem jerbs.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 07-13-2012 at 02:26 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
The fallacy of that is the fact that alcohol and cigs are legal and accessible to many more people than illegal drugs...so sure the numbers are going to be way higher. Also, not all illegal drugs are equal. There are those that can kill you just like alcohol/tobacco, and then others that can permanently alter your brain (see our very own dio/ry_goody) in ways that can make it hard to function in what is considered normal society. Of course the same could be said for some legal prescription drugs..

Um no, its much easier to get pot than it is to get alcohol for anyone under 21

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
What the fuck is "dope"

an adulterant added to a substance to alter its base state/behavior.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

For one you can grow your own weed quite effortlessly. A still on the other hand is a tough affair.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
...why do you assume all drugs are equal in effect on society and the human body?

edit: theres a lot of over the counter drugs out there that use to be prescription.
Where the fuck are you getting that assumption from anything I've posted..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
And we have another one that didn't bother (or was too high) to read all of my responses..

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Maybe in your neighborhood it is, but until the rest of the country starts selling weed in the thousands of convenience stores, supermarkets and liquor stores and restaurants/bars across the country...and every other household has an unlocked weed cabinet, that statement is just your personal opinion.

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Jack's raging erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
For one you can grow your own weed quite effortlessly. A still on the other hand is a tough affair.

Nope. It's not all that tough. It's just that pot is more sit on your ass and watch it grow. Maybe you'll be grossly inconvenienced now and again by having to give it water or whatever food marijuana may require to grow. Distilling has it's sit on ass qualities, too. That said, you actually have to move stuff into the mash pot, let it mellow, then get the temperature just so, and filter, filter, filter. Might even need to put it into a secondary still if it's poor enough quality distillate. However, thump kegs should take care of the majority of that.

Also, I have no idea where I got this information from and have absolutely no experience with this at all.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
The fallacy of that is the fact that alcohol and cigs are legal and accessible to many more people than illegal drugs...so sure the numbers are going to be way higher.

If cocaine were so plentiful that it were flowing through the streets like blankets of fresh winter snow, would you snort it? If the stuff were even legal, would you do it just because it was suddenly legal? If I want to do coke I know people that will sell it to me regardless of what the law has to say about it. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it will automatically be more plentiful or that more people will use it.

You strike me as one of these typical "right-wing" people that wants the government to stay out of their personal life, but then you want the government to tell everyone else what they are allowed to put into their own bodies.

Quote:
Maybe in your neighborhood it is, but until the rest of the country starts selling weed in the thousands of convenience stores, supermarkets and liquor stores and restaurants/bars across the country...and every other household has an unlocked weed cabinet, that statement is just your personal opinion.

Do you know why it's easier for someone under 21 to buy weed than it is to buy alcohol? Because when someone goes into a store and wants to buy alcohol, they have to show some ID proving they are 21. When they go to spend the same amount of money on weed, the drug dealer usually doesn't give a fuck what the age of the buyer is (the dealer is usually under age too for fucks sake).

Last edited by Vote McCain!; 07-13-2012 at 12:29 PM..

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
If cocaine were so plentiful that it were flowing through the streets like blankets of fresh winter snow, would you snort it? If the stuff were even legal, would you do it just because it was suddenly legal? If I want to do coke I know people that will sell it to me regardless of what the law has to say about it. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it will automatically be more plentiful or that more people will use it.

You strike me as one of these typical "right-wing" people that wants the government to stay out of their personal life, but then you want the government to tell everyone else what they are allowed to put into their own bodies.

Do you know why it's easier for someone under 21 to buy weed than it is to buy alcohol? Because when someone goes into a store and wants to buy alcohol, they have to show some ID proving they are 21. When they go to spend the same amount of money on weed, the drug dealer usually doesn't give a fuck what the age of the buyer is (the dealer is usually under age too for fucks sake).
Oh, good...now we have another one that singles out a post without bothering to read any of the others.

Once again, (since you DRTFT) it may be just as easy for under 21's (but I doubt it) to get weed in the area you live in, but the vast majority of the country is different. Every high school kid knows at least one 21yo that will buy them whatever alcohol they want, and probably several. That is if they don't just get it out of the their parents/aunts/uncles/grandaprents etc..liquor cabinet or fridge.

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:

Why do you assume that legalization = "the government dispensing drugs". No one is saying that.

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
Why do you assume that legalization = "the government dispensing drugs". No one is saying that.
So you're in favor of largely uncontrolled distribution just like alcohol/tobacco...right? If not then how would it be done other than government run dispensaries..

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v