General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TUT RAGE!!!
 
TUT RAGE!!!'s Avatar
 
WTF IS OWS.
fucking acronyms
KSW, KFC, PT, ASPCA, NAACP, GAP, ACLU, FOX, CNN, NBC, BBC, ABC, NSA, NRA, PTA, FBI, CBI
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 PM TUT RAGE!!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
DERP Occupy Wall Street
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Also, what is this, the 80s? Political correctness is an uninspiring and unconvincing boogeyman, and I've literally only heard it from people older than me. It's just an fancier version of the age-old "young people these days are lazy/have no respect/have too much sex/etc etc"
Because people your age don't know anything else. The PC movement started in the 80's but really didn't pick up steam until the 90's..

I already admitted I grew up in a somewhat PC/coddling world, but I have older siblings that told me the way things used to be..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Because I supported it. Even though it was doomed to fail, it did prompt debate about inequality and it somewhat raised class consciousness. I bet the Romney campaign is a lot more hesitant about releasing his tax returns than it would have been if it weren't for OWS. It'd be interesting to see how the election would be different if OWS were still going on

That's a pretty optimistic view.

OWS didn't do shit.
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 PM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
That's a pretty optimistic view.

OWS didn't do shit.

the effects were subtle
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
WTF IS OWS.
fucking acronyms
KSW, KFC, PT, ASPCA, NAACP, GAP, ACLU, FOX, CNN, NBC, BBC, ABC, NSA, NRA, PTA, FBI, CBI
Occupy Walmart and Safeway
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

TUT RAGE!!!
 
TUT RAGE!!!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
DERP Occupy Wall Street

lulzs
fucking OWS
bunch of fuckin losers.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM TUT RAGE!!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

TUT RAGE!!!
 
TUT RAGE!!!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Occupy Walmart and Safeway

WHAT NO FUCK YOU WALMART IS AWESOME IF THE TRY TO OCCUPY WALMART I'LL FUCKING ANNIHILATE THEM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM TUT RAGE!!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

TUT RAGE!!!
 
TUT RAGE!!!'s Avatar
 
Fuck OWS, its all about KSW.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM TUT RAGE!!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
the effects were subtle

Such as?
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
Because I supported it. Even though it was doomed to fail, it did prompt debate about inequality and it somewhat raised class consciousness. I bet the Romney campaign is a lot more hesitant about releasing his tax returns than it would have been if it weren't for OWS. It'd be interesting to see how the election would be different if OWS were still going on
The whole thing was so disjointed it was doomed to fail. You had a small percentage that were doing what you say, and then another group from the entitlement generation (that I already mentioned) that were angry that they didn't have their two story house and BMW 5 years after their degree, and then another faction that apparently will protest anything like it's their job..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
 
Kahnza's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
Such as?

further sowing seeds of dissent amongst the general population
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
That's a pretty optimistic view.

OWS didn't do shit.

Yeah, probably
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
I've seen bits of that movie watching the Zeitgeist documentaries. I dowloaded the whole movie. Just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Not a bad movie, it defiantly fits in with the current times of today.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Speaking of teachers, this speaks volumes to how stupid our generation is (including the parents).


Ironically kids these days perform better than kids during the 70s, when all the Boomers were in school. That was actually one of our worst periods in terms of educational quality.

I don't like the self-esteem culture, but no reason to perpetuate the myth about educational quality then and now.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.