General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
yes. You do pay for the headlight. And then you pay for the service. Have you never had a car fixed?

...that was my point? The service charge is in the price of everything you buy - hence you paid for the service, hence why are we tipping for EVERY single thing....


edit: I guess I didn't clarify when I said auto store - meant to say auto repair place.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-09-2012, 01:46 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Everything has a fucking service charge you dolt. When you go to the auto store and you need a new headlight, do you pay for the headlight? No take a look at your fucking receipt, it says SERVICE charge. HENCE THEIR JOB IS THE SERVICE AND YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT. You don't have the talent of doing the service, or you don't feel like doing the service, hence you will pay for THEIR service. Do you then tip him afterwords? No - because it's there on the receipt. So why do other people feel a need to tip for other service. A service is a service, and thats what you are paying for.

When you go to get a haircut, the price you pay IS the service. So why are you expecting more for the tip - thats what the price is there for.
When you go to the restaurant, the price you pay for the food IS the service (hence $4 for a beer that $4 pays for an entire 6 pack). Hence my only reason for tipping at a restaurant is the fact that they can be paid under minimum by the government which I disagree with. Plus if you have X amount of people they actually "require" a 15-20% tip So god damn laughable. How do deserve extra for something you haven't done?
When you take a taxi, the price you pay IS the service. So why are you expecting more for the tip? Thats what the price is there for.

I have been to France, Japan, and Brazil. No one else is anywhere near our shit. There is no tip line bull shit. If you leave a Euro on the table, thats all cool - but it's NOT expected. It's our culture where the person next to you would be like "HUH?! YOU DIDN'T TIP?!?! HOW COULD YOU?!"
Wtf are you talking about...if you know how to replace your own headlight then you simply pay the listed price, but if you have it done for you then you are also paying the fixed labor charge of a mechanic/technician who most likely is making substantially more than below minimum wage.

I'm not disagreeing with you that a tipping culture is silly and in many cases unfair, simply your assertion that the U.S. is the only country in the world where it happens. A sampling of 3 countries (out of nearly 200) where the specific services you enjoyed didn't expect/require tips doesn't really help your argument..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Wtf are you talking about...if you know how to replace your own headlight then you simply pay the listed price, but if you have it done for you then you are also paying the fixed labor charge of a mechanic/technician who most likely is making substantially more than below minimum wage.

I'm not disagreeing with you that a tipping culture is silly and in many cases unfair, simply your assertion that the U.S. is the only country in the world where it happens. A sampling of 3 countries (out of nearly 200) where the specific services you enjoyed didn't expect/require tips doesn't really help your argument..


Sorry - I made it a bit confusing of what I was saying..... basically I was saying anytime you get a SERVICE done (includes auto repair, making/bringing you food, bringing you drinks, cutting your hair, etc....) My whole point is that the service charge is always in the price of what you are buying. A haircut doesn't cost $20 to do, hence the service charge is in the cost, same goes for food. Hence - why is it customary to tip? It is slowly spreading to EVERY service. Tip the belhop, tip the taxi driver, tip the driver who brings around your car, next up is tipping the guy who changes your oil.


And yes - my examples do help. Find me other countries that are ANYWHERE near what US does. Please.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Jesus fuck you're retarded to boot. You are the only one here that would even disagree with what I just said. I never said protesting isn't a right, by all means. But like I said, you clean up SHIT. It's something every mother, father, son, and daughter knows how to do. Therefore - you have no skill.

I guess you missed what I meant. Protesting is how we have a 40 hour work week, safe working conditions and livable wages. It's why you get paid in actual money instead of company scrip which you can only redeem at the company store or the company barracks. People died protesting for those things you take for granted. People were gunned down by our own military so you could take that shit for granted.

Quote:
I know you make more off min. wage you fucktard, the difference is you get to sit around and jack off all day too If you don't think there is plenty of people that would rather sit around and do nothing than work a job, then you obviously haven't taken a step outside, nigger
Only 8% of the population is on welfare/foodstamps. Less than two percent of the population relies on welfare for over 50% of their income. It doesn't seem like that many people choose to just sit around jacking it all day.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Sure, on account of the Federal Reserve being chronically unable to maintain stable prices (y'know, half of it's dual mandate).

If inflation weren't occurring, then the minimum wage wouldn't need adjustment.

If my mother had testicles she would be my father...
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Sorry - I made it a bit confusing of what I was saying..... basically I was saying anytime you get a SERVICE done (includes auto repair, making/bringing you food, bringing you drinks, cutting your hair, etc....) My whole point is that the service charge is always in the price of what you are buying. A haircut doesn't cost $20 to do, hence the service charge is in the cost, same goes for food. Hence - why is it customary to tip? It is slowly spreading to EVERY service. Tip the belhop, tip the taxi driver, tip the driver who brings around your car, next up is tipping the guy who changes your oil.


And yes - my examples do help. Find me other countries that are ANYWHERE near what US does. Please.
"we are the ONLY fucking country "tip" like it's a job or it's part of the price Tip is FUCKING EARNED. There is NO other country where a tip is expected."

That is taken directly from your post...
Just crack open any travel guidebook that covers the world and you'll see there are quite a few other countries where tipping is customary and expected, some where it's automatically added to the bill, and others where tipping is accepted for certain situations.

So, are you butthurt because you feel pressured into tipping, or because you work a shitty job that requires you to collect tips to make a decent paycheck? I already said that I don't like it either, but we aren't the only country in the world with this kind of system....or even the worst. (I think Israel takes the prize from what I've heard)
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Thanks Ayn Rand. Fun fact about Ayn Rand, as soon as she was able to, she jumped on SS and Medicare because she had cancer.

http://www.alternet.org/story/149721...he_needed_them

Also, that large permanent underclass of moochers... Yeah, only 8% of the population receives welfare andor food stamps and only 1.7% of the population receives more than 50% of their income from welfare.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_perce...are_on_welfare


Did you think the 47% number the republicans are always screaming about was the number of people "on the dole"?

gee, take completely out of context much

try again, my post that you quoted was NOT about welfare as it is today, but in response to the system that dio advocated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I believe that the intuitionthat you should have your basic needs met, always, is a correct intuition that most OWS people have.

You should never have to worry about losing your small studio apartment, losing a cheap car, not getting proper food, and not getting basic healthcare. These basics should be provided for. No one should be living on the streets, and no one should have to eat bad food, and no one should be suffering needlessly from easily corrected health problems, and no one should have to bust their balls to get adequate transportation...... that basics should be provided by a system. I've....ultimately decided that the system where all basics would be provided would be a far better system all around for everyone, because if everyone had basics covered this would primarily do three things:

now take my post in context to it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
number 4: Create a large self perpetuating class that lives "on the Dole", producing nothing but more members for this class, consuming ever more resources w/o contributing to the system that provides those resources. Eventually they consume more then the contributors produce (or what is taken from the producers). The system then collapses.

So basically you wasted all those facts on a post that had nothing to do with them. wtf, are you incapable of debating w/o the use of tactics like taking out of context?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. The actions of one person can make their respective organizations look bad, this happens all the time.

For leaders of an organization, sure. When did s0me0nesmind1 become the leader of all conservatives?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
So, your solution to unemployment is robots? You're a credit to your Local 514.

not 'robots', as in human shaped machines walking aorund doing shit,

but rather roboticized automated processes

I mean by todays standards most computers and cars and clothing is made by 'robots', not human shaped machines walking around, but rather automated roboticized processes. Assembly lines, robot arms, machines doing the brunt of the heavy work.

I don't see any reason why this sort of technology wouldn't at some point extend into food development. I peronally imagine some sort of enclosed, aquaponics facility that just pumps out food year round, with aid of some robotic processes to handle the cycling of new seeds and full grown plants in and out. Resulting in a large machine that would basically pump out food on one end.

Someone has kind of started to go in this direction here: http://www.sustainablebusinessoregon...-business.html
Old 08-09-2012, 10:41 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
gee, take completely out of context much

try again, my post that you quoted was NOT about welfare as it is today, but in response to the system that dio advocated:



now take my post in context to it:



So basically you wasted all those facts on a post that had nothing to do with them. wtf, are you incapable of debating w/o the use of tactics like taking out of context?

Sorry, that was my bad. I don't read dio posts...
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
replace everyone with robots. Give everyone all they need to live. Eventually we're gonna have to do that. Might as well start now and enjoy the extra leisure time
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 AM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Sorry, that was my bad. I don't read dio posts...

Shit, you mean someone did?
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Only 8% of the population is on welfare/foodstamps. Less than two percent of the population relies on welfare for over 50% of their income. It doesn't seem like that many people choose to just sit around jacking it all day.

Pull some facts on that. First off, welfare != foodstamps.

2nd - 8% of the population? Yeah, theres plenty of people in this world that too fucking proud to such a piece of shit act. They wouldn't lower themselves to those standards.

3rd - 8% of the population (regardless of true or not, we haven't seen facts) - IS A SHITLOAD!!
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#117  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Pull some facts on that. First off, welfare != foodstamps.

2nd - 8% of the population? Yeah, theres plenty of people in this world that too fucking proud to such a piece of shit act. They wouldn't lower themselves to those standards.

3rd - 8% of the population (regardless of true or not, we haven't seen facts) - IS A SHITLOAD!!

No it really isn't. It goes hand in hand with unemployment, whodathunkit
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-10-2012, 04:52 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#118  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Pull some facts on that. First off, welfare != foodstamps.

2nd - 8% of the population? Yeah, theres plenty of people in this world that too fucking proud to such a piece of shit act. They wouldn't lower themselves to those standards.

3rd - 8% of the population (regardless of true or not, we haven't seen facts) - IS A SHITLOAD!!

I actually should file for welfare/food stamps. I keep holding out for one of those good jobs that I'm actually qualified for, though. I'm getting psyched for a minimum wage, shitty job that would net me just as much as welfare would right now, though. Gotta break through my entitlement issues first, then prepare myself for putting up with their entitlement issues. As what's it called said, that 8% is about even with the unemployed section of this country. Something like 12.8 million of us. Shitload, indeed.

Maybe you could impress us with just one post that isn't a troll. You know, one where you actually use your brain to construct what's called a thought. Those forbidden spirits that Jesus Reagan of Dementia said were the devil? Yes, those things. Then, you use what little brainpower you may have left to organize it into letters and words to form what are called sentences. I know it's difficult, and you may use every reserve you have left in that brain cell of yours. Just know that I believe in you! You can do it!
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:11 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#119  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
I actually should file for welfare/food stamps. I keep holding out for one of those good jobs that I'm actually qualified for, though. I'm getting psyched for a minimum wage, shitty job that would net me just as much as welfare would right now, though. Gotta break through my entitlement issues first, then prepare myself for putting up with their entitlement issues. As what's it called said, that 8% is about even with the unemployed section of this country. Something like 12.8 million of us. Shitload, indeed.

Maybe you could impress us with just one post that isn't a troll. You know, one where you actually use your brain to construct what's called a thought. Those forbidden spirits that Jesus Reagan of Dementia said were the devil? Yes, those things. Then, you use what little brainpower you may have left to organize it into letters and words to form what are called sentences. I know it's difficult, and you may use every reserve you have left in that brain cell of yours. Just know that I believe in you! You can do it!

durpa durp, take a step outside sometime twat muffin
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#120  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.