General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Did you know that today nations sit around a huge table and talk about stuff?


Neither US, UK or USSR were armed like they are now until WW2 broke out. Ever since then everyone has been mega-paranoid of each other. Hitler's BS lead to an entire century of arms-racing, cold war and nonsense long after he was dead. It's time to let that go and focus on living good lives. Like some of the countries have done. They moved on. Now we need to as well.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-11-2012, 04:42 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
It's a hilarious thing to say because he assumes that everyone else outside the US borders is a raging psychopath just waiting to start a war if it wasn't for the brave US military and their magic war stones that keep wars away, and war is just an inconvenience to some.

It's even more amusing when you put it in the context that he talks about the necessity of a big military for this magical peacekeeping, yet actively supports and pays taxes to fund this military that actually engages in these wars his government starts

Ahmadinejad sounds pretty sane compared
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-14-2012, 05:05 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
What makes it even more amusing is that outside some kurdish war porn action in iran's backyard, after the terrible islamic boogeyman took over Iran they've fought exactly one war, which was a defensive war against a foreign invader in the form of iraq, which was heavily US-backed at the time. If I were ahmadinejad, I sure would like to own a nuclear bomb or two, he can never be sure when the most likely foreign aggressor in the form of the US wants to massacre people
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
What makes it even more amusing is that outside some kurdish war porn action in iran's backyard, after the terrible islamic boogeyman took over Iran they've fought exactly one war, which was a defensive war against a foreign invader in the form of iraq, which was heavily US-backed at the time. If I were ahmadinejad, I sure would like to own a nuclear bomb or two, he can never be sure when the most likely foreign aggressor in the form of the US wants to massacre people

Romney isn't going to let facts get in his way.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-14-2012, 05:32 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
The problem is Romney is a horrible human being, a downright failure. That failure is probably going to win, though
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-15-2012, 06:03 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Killer_B
 
Killer_B's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
What makes it even more amusing is that outside some kurdish war porn action in iran's backyard, after the terrible islamic boogeyman took over Iran they've fought exactly one war, which was a defensive war against a foreign invader in the form of iraq, which was heavily US-backed at the time. If I were ahmadinejad, I sure would like to own a nuclear bomb or two, he can never be sure when the most likely foreign aggressor in the form of the US wants to massacre people

Ahmadinejad is the mullah cheerleader spokesperson that simply has a fancy sounding title...No real power in itself. The mullahs are the ones that dictate law and procedure for their country.

One thing to consider, is could things have been different, if we had not overthrown a democratically elected president in Iran back in the 50's, and installed the Shah into power instead. Hey, I know we were acting on behalf of the UK and cheap oil interests.

That's a lesson in history about what happens when a country's leader is so despised, he kills off ANY moderate opposition, to the point that the populace installs an ultra-right wing nutcase like Ayatollah Khomeini instead..."Hey, shit can't possibly be any worse with this guy running things, let's put him in power!"
__________________
Gen[M]ay. Who needs members? We have mods.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM Killer_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
Ahmadinejad is the mullah cheerleader spokesperson that simply has a fancy sounding title...No real power in itself. The mullahs are the ones that dictate law and procedure for their country.

One thing to consider, is could things have been different, if we had not overthrown a democratically elected president in Iran back in the 50's, and installed the Shah into power instead. Hey, I know we were acting on behalf of the UK and cheap oil interests.

That's a lesson in history about what happens when a country's leader is so despised, he kills off ANY moderate opposition, to the point that the populace installs an ultra-right wing nutcase like Ayatollah Khomeini instead..."Hey, shit can't possibly be any worse with this guy running things, let's put him in power!"


Nobody even knows about this stuff. Good post.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Killer_B
 
Killer_B's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Nobody even knows about this stuff. Good post.

Same logic can be applied to the CIA occupying Afghanistan back in the 80's, with the intent of getting "those damned kommies" out of there. Both the CIA, and the ISI, were responsible for the building of so many poppy farms as a revenue stream.

Ironically, which made the region known as the leading location on the planet for the majority of the heroin coming into the US, which also happened to be the reason for more than a few people (that I knew while growing up) OD'ing on it.

And nothing need be said about giving birth to Bin Laden at the same time. That same Islamic extremism traveled to Chechnya, and several other regions in the Baltics as well.
__________________
Gen[M]ay. Who needs members? We have mods.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 PM Killer_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
Same logic can be applied to the CIA occupying Afghanistan back in the 80's, with the intent of getting "those damned kommies" out of there. Both the CIA, and the ISI, were responsible for the building of so many poppy farms as a revenue stream.

Ironically, which made the region known as the leading location on the planet for the majority of the heroin coming into the US, which also happened to be the reason for more than a few people (that I knew while growing up) OD'ing on it.

And nothing need be said about giving birth to Bin Laden at the same time. That same Islamic extremism traveled to Chechnya, and several other regions in the Baltics as well.

There's a layer of complexity beyond that. The CIA didn't just waltz into Afghanistan while the Soviets were there, the CIA funneled enormous amounts of money into Pakistan and let them spend it on training groups for fighting the Kommies in Afghanistan. The Pakistanis were hardly ideologically or politically neutral on the subject, and the development of radical groups was the result of deliberate choices by the Pakistanis.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Killer_B
 
Killer_B's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
There's a layer of complexity beyond that. The CIA didn't just waltz into Afghanistan while the Soviets were there, the CIA funneled enormous amounts of money into Pakistan and let them spend it on training groups for fighting the Kommies in Afghanistan. The Pakistanis were hardly ideologically or politically neutral on the subject, and the development of radical groups was the result of deliberate choices by the Pakistanis.

Well, that, and the fact that we couldn't be assed to help them with aid, or to possibly help rebuild a country reduced to rubble. "THANKS! LOOKS LIKE YA'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT OF VALUE HERE, MAYBE EXCEPT FOR YOUR DOPE! BYE!" It's a bit naive to think that we were just going to be able to walk in there and expect that they're going to have forgotten about "The Great Betrayal"...Much less have forgiven.

In general, most of the "Holy Warriors" were unaware for a long time that they were fighting a proxy war on behalf of the US. Same difference for the general population of the US being unaware that US money was being spent training militants, that nobody stopped to think, could possibly be attacking us later.
__________________
Gen[M]ay. Who needs members? We have mods.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 PM Killer_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
Well, that, and the fact that we couldn't be assed to help them with aid, or to possibly help rebuild a country reduced to rubble. "THANKS! LOOKS LIKE YA'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT OF VALUE HERE, MAYBE EXCEPT FOR YOUR DOPE! BYE!" It's a bit naive to think that we were just going to be able to walk in there and expect that they're going to have forgotten about "The Great Betrayal"...Much less have forgiven.

In general, most of the "Holy Warriors" were unaware for a long time that they were fighting a proxy war on behalf of the US. Same difference for the general population of the US being unaware that US money was being spent training militants, that nobody stopped to think, could possibly be attacking us later.

The blowback was mentioned in their reports, but, the authors being the team players they were, the significance of such events occurring was toned down a bit. So, everything is going according to plan.

We have a nasty habit of routinely underestimating things.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

1MeanBean
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeoae View Post
The entire executive branch is hand-picked. Nineteen of the last twenty-three U.S. presidents have been members of the Trilateral Commission. The Trilateral Commission is financed by the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds. Donít tell meĖ

There's been 19 presidents since 1973?!?!?

http://www.trilateral.org/go.cfm?do=Page.View&pid=5
__________________
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 PM 1MeanBean is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

Bonedown
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
But giving that extra money to the IRS so that our government can use it wisely for the good of all Americans is also hypothetical....if not outright unrealistic.

Yeah, we've seen what happens with speed-camera funds.
All of a sudden, the local govt administration take 3 extra vacations per year.
And put up more cameras the next year so they can take their secretaries with them.
__________________
It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 AM Bonedown is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedown View Post
Yeah, we've seen what happens with speed-camera funds.
All of a sudden, the local govt administration take 3 extra vacations per year.
And put up more cameras the next year so they can take their secretaries with them.

In a lot of places the cameras are actually creating a deficit. LA county has dropped the program completely.

My city used to pay $5,000 for EACH CAMERA, EVERY MONTH That's easily the salary of a real, experienced lateral transfer police officer in Malibu... They renegotiated for about $3k/ea but it's still in the air whether they'll keep this program or follow Los Angeles' lead. Which i hope they do.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
Same logic can be applied to the CIA occupying Afghanistan back in the 80's, with the intent of getting "those damned kommies" out of there. Both the CIA, and the ISI, were responsible for the building of so many poppy farms as a revenue stream.

Ironically, which made the region known as the leading location on the planet for the majority of the heroin coming into the US, which also happened to be the reason for more than a few people (that I knew while growing up) OD'ing on it.

And nothing need be said about giving birth to Bin Laden at the same time. That same Islamic extremism traveled to Chechnya, and several other regions in the Baltics as well.

US gives hajis weapons to shoot soviet choppers with...

Hajis now shoot US choppers with them.


Iron knees?
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-29-2012, 03:29 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.