General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dio

I think all suicides should be highly public displays.

I was thinking how one of the things that really perturbs me is when people kill themselves in private. I feel suicides should be as public and grotesque as possible, so as to psychologically scar people as many people as possible. Otherwise what was the point? There's this viewpoint amongst western culture that suicide was 'just a waste', or 'what was the point'. But it is only a waste when done in private solitude. When the truth is, a persons well placed suicide can have an incredibly high impact on leaving some very deep psychological imprints on people.

Everyone seems to want to sweep suicide under the rug, be like "oh he was just a sad person, he had some issues obviously, it was him". People think this on the basis that it is possible for everyone to sort out their shit in this culture and get it together. But how many years of statistically predictable suicides have to go by before you realize that this culture is set up in a way as to produce a certain percentage of suicidal people every year. Theoretically, in some fantasy land of idealism everyone can get it together, but in actuality this isn't true, and we all know this, and statistics repeatedly prove it true. There is a messed up component to our culture and at the radical end of its error it manifests as suicide, I do not think this should be hidden. If our culture is to improve we shouldn't be sweeping our dirty little secrets under rug, attempting to censor it, make it's impact as least comfortable as possible. We should do the extreme opposite, we should make the impact of error in our system as incredibly uncomfortable as possible. The impact of glitches should not be minimized, in the world of software development, doing such a thing is a horrible idea, you want to bring the glitches to the forefront to sort them out and improve the system as quickly as possible.

This is why I say what I do. If you want to kill yourself, please go set yourself on fire in a highly public place and run around madly. Or walk into an elementary school and shoot your head off in the lunch room, forever changing the course of life for all children who saw it. Or fill your body with plastique and splatter your innards all over somewhere for the public to see. Or very publicly starve yourself to death in the middle of a metropolitan area. Use your death to leave as intense of a psychological imprint on as many people as possible. The death of a person is too intense of a force for it to not be used for the good of producing more rapid evolution in our cultural structures.

Disclaimer: I do not condone the suicidee harming anyone other than himself physically. I think they just need to fully share their psychological trauma with the rest of humanity

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pojke

I agree somewhat. But the suicidal person has to make his point explicitly if he wants people to understand it. Just a general idea that there's an error in the culture will be swept away by the usual diversionary explanations.

And why not harm other people, especially if they have fucked you over and you're left with little or no remedy to adequately address it?

But I think most suicides come from an extreme level of internal pain and despair. It's hard to think strategically at that point.

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Here we go again!

Foolioq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
Here we go again!

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Disclaimer: I do not condone the suicidee harming anyone other than himself physically.

You know, aside from the massive psychological trauma associated with witnessing a violent suicide. Christ on a cracker you're a freaking psycho.

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojke View Post
I agree somewhat. But the suicidal person has to make his point explicitly if he wants people to understand it. Just a general idea that there's an error in the culture will be swept away by the usual diversionary explanations.

And why not harm other people, especially if they have fucked you over and you're left with little or no remedy to adequately address it?

But I think most suicides come from an extreme level of internal pain and despair. It's hard to think strategically at that point.

This viewpoint in me partially stems from the Buddhist suicide protests, and coming from that viewpoint, the objective would never be to harm another person physically, even if they have harmed you. The objective is to try and pull back as many layers of illusion as possible.

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
You know, aside from the massive psychological trauma associated with witnessing a violent suicide. Christ on a cracker you're a freaking psycho.

Just applying intelligent software development practices to our cultural software. Thats all.

Gibonius

Spending a lot of time thinking about suicide recently eh?

TUT RAGE!!!

so when you see me on yo block with two glocks screamin fuck with the world like tu pac i just don't give a fuck

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:

It's not that serious mister professor, they wanted to die.
Seeing people die is hard the first time.
After that its easy.

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
It's not that serious mister professor, they wanted to die.
Seeing people die is hard the first time.
After that its easy.

you killed a man, just to watch him die

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

So then when you off yourself be sure to link us to your youtube channel

Jack's raging erection

Quote:

You get over it. Well, maybe you don't flashback as often, so it seems like you get over it.

Also, suicide bombers are fairly public displays. That's what I'd do if I had to kill myself in public. Fuck me? No, fuck you and everyone around you, asshole. /life

It'll be great! We all go to hell, and nobody dies alone! It's perfect!

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
Also, suicide bombers are fairly public displays. That's what I'd do if I had to kill myself in public. Fuck me? No, fuck you and everyone around you, asshole. /life

Now thats just crazy.

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Spending a lot of time thinking about suicide recently eh?

due to various certain factors occurring around me, the subject has been brought to my attention alot the past few months

It's really just becoming more and more remarkable to me how intensely our cultural norms can really fuck people up. I mean things like 'crack' get a bad rap in our culture because of how many people they leave psychologically fucked up. But I'd be willing to bet you just simply our public education system has left a higher percentage of people seriously fucked up than crack ever has.

All these people feeling the need to like go off to third world countries and help poverty stricken folk, or help children in Africa, like were some great America just pouring out perfection and we need to let it overflow into other countries, it rather bothers me. We have some seriously fucked up shit occurring right here, and people have just become so desensitized to it. Like oh it's just a given people get depressed and may kill themselves, or oh its just a given some people will get addicted to opiates and spend their whole life never contributing to humanity. These things aren't innate human instinct, they're products of our cultural structures.