General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
You state my views as your own and call me a troll.

ooookay.....

You make some really bad threads bro.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I didn't watch any of the RNC, but the media was all over the fact that Condi sort of left the door open in her speech...and Powell isn't a true "African American" by the popular definition.

I'm just saying that the Republicans have the best chance of putting an African American woman in the whitehouse.

I think you're taking the wrong logical path here. Say we extend this to 2004 (before Obama's speech at the DNC). Everyone would say that Powell had the best chance of being the first black President, simply because there wasn't an identifiable mainstream black candidate on the Democratic side. This is all ignoring the obvious political dynamics within the two parties.

As for Condi, she's a tertiary figure at best and has about a 0.00001% of getting nominated much less winning. Neglecting the racial dynamic, she's poisoned by being Pro-Life and associated with Bush. She just happens to be the only mainstream black female, but someone else will come along soon enough. Odds are they'll be a Democrat. Probably be another 40 years though.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I think you're taking the wrong logical path here. Say we extend this to 2004 (before Obama's speech at the DNC). Everyone would say that Powell had the best chance of being the first black President, simply because there wasn't an identifiable mainstream black candidate on the Democratic side. This is all ignoring the obvious political dynamics within the two parties.

As for Condi, she's a tertiary figure at best and has about a 0.00001% of getting nominated much less winning. Neglecting the racial dynamic, she's poisoned by being Pro-Life and associated with Bush. She just happens to be the only mainstream black female, but someone else will come along soon enough. Odds are they'll be a Democrat. Probably be another 40 years though.
No, I don't think my logic is flawed. For either party to put another black person in office (and especially a black woman which is two traditional barriers in one) they will have to win over independents and a few that would normally vote for the opposition. Putting a half white, half black man with no ties to American slavery in office is one thing, but to elect an African American woman from the deep south (or anywhere else for that matter) would be quite another. Unless the Democrats happen to have an equally qualified/popular black woman get the nom in the same year...the Repubs would be the likely first party to do it.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
No, I don't think my logic is flawed. For either party to put another black person in office (and especially a black woman which is two traditional barriers in one) they will have to win over independents and a few that would normally vote for the opposition. Putting a half white, half black man with no ties to American slavery in office is one thing, but to elect an African American woman from the deep south (or anywhere else for that matter) would be quite another. Unless the Democrats happen to have an equally qualified/popular black woman get the nom in the same year...the Repubs would be the likely first party to do it.

Again, though, "likely" is not at all the right word here. There's basically zero chance Condi gets a nod. The 0.000001% chance she has may be higher than any Democrat we can think of right now, but it's still pretty much zero. I'll take "the field" if I have to make a bet here, and "a Democrat" if I have to narrow it down. Betting on Condi ain't smart money.

Rancidpunk666

Hey hardon I guess you can cut spending by a shit ton like this.

You know 400 dollars for an abortion one time or 400 dollars a month for each little niggggglettt babys mamma on welfare.

Guess you libs got it right, murder to cut spending

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ns_651589.html
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

5ive

If you want people to listen to you, don't be a racist moron
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Again, though, "likely" is not at all the right word here. There's basically zero chance Condi gets a nod. The 0.000001% chance she has may be higher than any Democrat we can think of right now, but it's still pretty much zero. I'll take "the field" if I have to make a bet here, and "a Democrat" if I have to narrow it down. Betting on Condi ain't smart money.
I'm not a Republican, yet I'm not a liberal either, (and therefore don't follow GOP shenanigans on either side) but I can definitely see them putting up Condi (or another black candidate) if they truly thought it was their best shot at winning...at all costs.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Rancidpunk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

Chris Rock is a racist moron. Listening to him is like listening to Jeff Berry.
.......v

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:

So we should listen to someone equating anyone who isnt obama to cancer and completely ignore anything the man hasnt been able to come through on, or has failed at, because everyone is worse?

Thats full retard.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Chris Rock is a racist moron. Listening to him is like listening to Jeff Berry.

lol, yeah, Chris Rock is just like the former head of the KKK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
So we should listen to someone equating anyone who isnt obama to cancer and completely ignore anything the man hasnt been able to come through on, or has failed at, because everyone is worse?

Thats full retard.

Enjoy your cancer.

Gibonius

I guess the point he's trying to make is that Obama's been repeatedly thwarted by Republicans, so voting for Republicans as a response is kind of stupid. Which I agree with, but ehhhhh...........

Rancidpunk666

Quote:
lol, yeah, Chris Rock is just like the former head of the KKK.

Enjoy your cancer.

I never said he was just like berry. I said listening to him is like listening to a kkk leader. Racist moronic ideas.
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

It's been like a day or two when this redneck piece of shit posted "You know 400 dollars for an abortion one time or 400 dollars a month for each little niggggglettt babys mamma on welfare"

Quite an authority in describing racist characters, especially when describing racist ideas as a negative quality

Perhaps you should start making this world a less racist place by killing yourself, you piece of shit

Rancidpunk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
It's been like a day or two when this redneck piece of shit posted "You know 400 dollars for an abortion one time or 400 dollars a month for each little niggggglettt babys mamma on welfare"

Quite an authority in describing racist characters, especially when describing racist ideas as a negative quality

Perhaps you should start making this world a less racist place by killing yourself, you piece of shit

Ph yeah it's ok to use the term OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG anywhere else on this forum but as soon as its something political it's racist.

I guess I should of said little niggggerlet, OMGOMGOMGOMG, Jew, Arab, and white trash babies. Would that make you feel better?
.......v