General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
What I was saying was that you need to fix the reasons for the inflated costs. If a person is in an non-immediate life threatening state for example they need to prove that they can afford the care first. Tons of hospitals have gone bankrupt and closed down because hospitals are not allowed to turn people down and then people skip out and never pay a dime. This is particularly a problem in southern states with high immigrant populations. Hold people accountable for their bills, let hospitals say no, and costs will lower. Other issues would be the extreme high costs of privatized services and medical supplies. Caps need to be placed by the govt on essential medical services.

I ask again, where has this ever been proven to either work or save costs in the long run?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
People act as if you oppose the Republicans you must therefore support the Democrats. I watched some interview on CNN about these two guys who made internet videos or some shit supporting Obama in 08, but this time around they said they were disappointed. The reporter asked if they were gonna vote for Romney since they were clearly not happy with Obama, as if Romney was the only other option. I've become convinced that we need to reform the entire electoral system if we want a more representative democracy, because first past the post and the resulting two-party system is not working. It's pretty fucked up when you vote for the guy you don't want because the guy you really don't want might win

Indeed.

also, campaign finance reform.

but those seem like lofty, unattainable goals at this point.

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockAZNsensation View Post
it's almost as if money isn't real and there is no real budget problem

It sure seemed like that up until somewhere around Nov 2008.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
It sure seemed like that up until somewhere around Nov 2008.

Republican in office: bah it'll be fine, freedom is worth it
Black democrat in office: OMG DEFICIT
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbaker View Post
4. End all subsidies


BAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Republican in office: bah it'll be fine, freedom is worth it
Black democrat in office: OMG DEFICIT

No one in the history of the presidency has doubled the deficit to anywhere near this. no one has made the dollar this worthless. no one has ever had to have the federal reserve bail our ass out TWICE in ONE 4-year presidency


Those are fuckin' RECORDS that are broken. You really are a retarded trollololol along with Pyramid if neither of you can see what ridiculousness that is. But go ahead and be like every other liberal and pull out the never ending race card. Pulling out the race card is what actually DOES make racism still exist
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post


Is this supposed to be challenging?

I posted that on post #15.... we are now up to approx post #50, yet it has been quoted at least 2 times... I think my point has already been made, bwahahahahaha!


__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-17-2012, 05:37 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
No one in the history of the presidency has doubled the deficit to anywhere near this. no one has made the dollar this worthless. no one has ever had to have the federal reserve bail our ass out TWICE in ONE 4-year presidency


Those are fuckin' RECORDS that are broken. You really are a retarded trollololol along with Pyramid if neither of you can see what ridiculousness that is. But go ahead and be like every other liberal and pull out the never ending race card. Pulling out the race card is what actually DOES make racism still exist

The dollar is worthless? This is news to me. Ironically, if the value of the dollar actually was declining as badly as you think it is, we'd probably be able to increase manufacturing and exporting.

Deficit spending is how you get out of an economic downturn. At what point in history has austerity proven to be a rousing success, especially for the nonwealthy citizens to whom governments supposedly answer?

And while I wouldn't have brought race into this argument because I think it's irrelevant, you keep arguing that racism only exists because people keep mentioning it / because black people are bad. This is such and incredibly privileged and ignorant thing to say I don't even know how to respond to it other than "false."
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 08-17-2012, 07:15 AM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
The dollar is worthless? This is news to me. Ironically, if the value of the dollar actually was declining as badly as you think it is, we'd probably be able to increase manufacturing and exporting.

Deficit spending is how you get out of an economic downturn. At what point in history has austerity proven to be a rousing success, especially for the nonwealthy citizens to whom governments supposedly answer?

And while I wouldn't have brought race into this argument because I think it's irrelevant, you keep arguing that racism only exists because people keep mentioning it / because black people are bad. This is such and incredibly privileged and ignorant thing to say I don't even know how to respond to it other than "false."
The dollar isn't exactly worthless, but it's value has gone down while manufacturing and exporting have risen to a small degree. (you might want to research a little before you post in the future)

Spending your way out of an economic hole is just as retarded as it sounds, and is not the way to recovery. Full scale austerity may not be the answer either, but we definitely need to trim the fat in ALL areas including military (which will give Hard|on happy pants) and social programs. When money going out far outweighs what is coming in you have no choice...and raising taxes to an uncomfortable level has it's own set of consequences to deal with.

Minorities pulling the race card on a whim is not the sole cause of racism still being alive and well in the 21st century, but it does play a large role by keeping the concepts of separate and not equal on everyones mind. For example, a young white adult may not have been raised to be racist (or even really think about race) but what he/she sees and hears in the media and in life in general tells them that minorities are different and somehow inferior.....and they may start believing it. Also the notion we have in this country that only people with white skin can be inherently racist is ludicrous...but a topic for another thread.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

cc88
 
cc88's Avatar
 
i have a hardon for this thread

hay guys 4trillion $ war?, dont forget to watch bigbrother live feeds, thx
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 AM cc88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
No one in the history of the presidency has doubled the deficit to anywhere near this. no one has made the dollar this worthless. no one has ever had to have the federal reserve bail our ass out TWICE in ONE 4-year presidency

Actually, Reagan tripled the national debt and Bush 2 doubled it. The deficit under Obama has gone from 1.5T in 2009 to 1.3T in 2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/hist01z1.xls

Quote:
Those are fuckin' RECORDS that are broken. You really are a retarded trollololol along with Pyramid if neither of you can see what ridiculousness that is. But go ahead and be like every other liberal and pull out the never ending race card. Pulling out the race card is what actually DOES make racism still exist
No shit they are records. Why do you think we kept complaining about spending while bush was in office? just for funsies? just to pick on the republican?

Obama has added no new recurring spending. His spending is the Auto bailouts and the one time Stimulus. Both combined are less than one trillion in one time spending. To put it another way, Obama's share of the debt is one half of one of bush's wars.

Who's talking about race? You guys can't even deal with numbers and the difference between recurring bills and non-recurring bills.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
I posted that on post #15.... we are now up to approx post #50, yet it has been quoted at least 2 times... I think my point has already been made, bwahahahahaha!



Hey guys, I posted an irrelevant strawman and no one has taken the bait.

I am the greeetest, the big brain am winning again!
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Obama has added no new recurring spending. His spending is the Auto bailouts and the one time Stimulus. Both combined are less than one trillion in one time spending. To put it another way, Obama's share of the debt is one half of one of bush's wars.
He also moved the wars back onto the books.

The costs for Obamacare haven't kicked in yet, but that will probably end up costing some money. It was going to get spent regardless, by private citizens or by the government. Hopefully less expensive this way, although it looks bad in deficit-space.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
What exactly is "Obamanomics"?

caving into republicans, continuing the Bush tax cuts, ending the Bush wars and cutting spending?

OMG, that dirty fucking socialist!
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Last edited by pyramid; 08-17-2012 at 11:50 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.