General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

"Backed off on his promise to close the prison at Guantanamo" - NOT doing something = doing something bad of course....... Never mind who opened that place up.
Weren't you the one ripping Romney for flip flopping? But I guess when Obama does it he has a damn good reason...anyone else and they're just liars or pandering.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Congress cock blocked him on closing guantanimo by putting into the budget that absolutely no funds would be given to move anyone out of gitmo.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
So, yes, then? You would be OK with our allies, who we are not at war with, bombing us for their own protection?

If it's not OK for someone else to do it to us, it shouldn't be right for us either. That is might makes right.

Might makes right has been the US doctrine in global politics for the past 60 years.

I will not pin it to Obama excessively although i don't admire his passiveness on the issue. In a way it's no different than the people who don't vote because they say it won't change anything - can Obama single handidly turn this country around?

Ron Paul says he can. I'd bet money in reality he'd get maybe 4% of what he's been shouting about through congress.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
You're so drunk with the red coolaid that you think that shit actually impacts your life in a negative way.
I don't drink red or blue kool-aid, I just feel it's my duty to point out hypocrisy on whichever side happens to be loudest..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Weren't you the one ripping Romney for flip flopping? But I guess when Obama does it he has a damn good reason...anyone else and they're just liars or pandering.

Fucken A you people make me wonder how you find food to eat every day.

in 2002 it was established by the GWB administration

now you fault Obama for it's existance....
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Congress cock blocked him on closing guantanimo by putting into the budget that absolutely no funds would be given to move anyone out of gitmo.
Yet Bush had free reign for 8 years to do anything and everything he wanted to destroy this country. Meaning that either your blue man group was either impotent or in collusion..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I don't drink red or blue kool-aid, I just feel it's my duty to point out hypocrisy on whichever side happens to be loudest..

Yeah you do just admit it.

Obamas biggest criticisms are things he didn't undo from the Bush administration.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Fucken A you people make me wonder how you find food to eat every day.

in 2002 it was established by the GWB administration

now you fault Obama for it's existance....
That was a BIG part of his campaign in 07..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yet Bush had free reign for 8 years to do anything and everything he wanted to destroy this country. Meaning that either your blue man group was either impotent or in collusion..

Half the dems were passive and half were bought out. This is a problem and i agree with you there.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Yeah you do just admit it.

Obamas biggest criticisms are things he didn't undo from the Bush administration.
So basically you're conceding that to really get shit done we have to have a Republican in the Whitehouse. Roger that..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-19-2012, 08:07 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
So basically you're conceding that to really get shit done we have to have a Republican in the Whitehouse. Roger that..

How the fuck do you derive that?

Im puzzled by your "logic" lately.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
How the fuck do you derive that?

Im puzzled by your "logic" lately.
I derived that trying to follow your logic..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Tax Cuts And 'Starving The Beast': The most pernicious fiscal doctrine in history.
Quote:
Unfortunately there is no evidence that the big 1981 tax cut enacted by Reagan did anything whatsoever to restrain spending. Federal outlays rose from 21.7% of GDP in 1980 to 23.5% in 1983, before falling back to 21.3% of GDP by the time he left office.

Rather than view this as refutation of starve the beast theory, however, Republicans concluded that Reagan's true mistake was acquiescing to tax increases almost every year from 1982 to 1988. By the end of his presidency, Reagan signed into law tax increases that took back half the 1981 tax cut. His hand-picked successor, George H.W. Bush, compounded the error, Republicans believe, by supporting a tax increase in 1990.

When Bill Clinton became president in 1993, one of his first acts in office was to push through Congress--with no Republican support--a big tax increase. Starve the beast theory predicted a big increase in spending as a consequence. But in fact, federal outlays fell from 22.1% of GDP in 1992 to 18.2% of GDP by the time Clinton left office.

Although all of evidence of the previous 20 years clearly refuted starve the beast theory, George W. Bush was an enthusiastic supporter, using it to justify liquidation of the budget surpluses he inherited from Clinton on massive tax cuts year after year. Bush called them "a fiscal straightjacket for Congress" that would prevent an increase in spending. Of course nothing of the kind occurred. Spending rose throughout his administration to 20.7% of GDP in 2008.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
better then the one constant of the democrat camp:

What Obama did in the last four years even with the republicans controlled congress blocking or abstaining from every progressive vote.
- Government spending dropped from 3.5 to 3.4T
- Economic growth of 5.9 from the start of his administration to 6.8 today
- Down Jones was at 6K, now its above 13K
- Industrial Production Index 87.4 to 97.4
- Consumer spending was on 2% decline is now overall closer to a 2% increase
- 3.9 million jobs gained since the start of his presidency.
- Working towards ending the WAR in IRAQ and getting us out of Afghanistan.
- Passed Universal Health Care (Even though it was mostly the same thing as Romnycare! And its predicted to change from a cost system to a income system for the government while lowering the cost to all of us)
Hey there are some bad sides too but so far with the economy he started with from Bush, he's getting the nation on a better track then it was. Now if he just stops trying to close marijuana shops and just tax and regulate them.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"

Last edited by CRasch; 08-24-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
What? Get the fuck out of here with that truthy stuff
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.