General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Ryuuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch View Post
What Obama did in the last four years even with the republicans controlled congress blocking or abstaining from every progressive vote.
1- Government spending dropped from 3.5 to 3.4T
2- Economic growth of 5.9 from the start of his administration to 6.8 today
3- Down Jones was at 6K, now its above 13K
4- Industrial Production Index 87.4 to 97.4
5- Consumer spending was on 2% decline is now overall closer to a 2% increase
6- 3.9 million jobs gained since the start of his presidency.
7- Working towards ending the WAR in IRAQ and getting us out of Afghanistan.
8- Passed Universal Health Care

1.Those numbers are based on proposed spending cuts over the next 10 years.
2.Unemployment peaked at over 10% and has been 8% for close to 4 years...if the economy was growing unemployment would drop.
3.Obama was too busy kissing the ass of unions,state and federal woorkers to fuck with the market...although he did tell people to stop going to Vegas conventions which killed that market.
4.Where did you get those numbers..MSNBC?
5.It was 2% and is still 2%.
6.Gained where...IRS?
7.We are sill there.
8.My insurance will from ~ 180 a month to 450+ a month.....but it is cheaper to paytthe fine and have no insurance.

The problem with the Government...agencies and what ever they want to call them...don't die and go away...we still have the agency from 1975 that is supposed to help the US convert to the Metric System.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuko View Post
2.Unemployment peaked at over 10% and has been 8% for close to 4 years...if the economy was growing unemployment would drop.
3.Obama was too busy kissing the ass of unions,state and federal woorkers to fuck with the market...although he did tell people to stop going to Vegas conventions which killed that market.
6.Gained where...IRS?
7.We are sill there.
8.My insurance will from ~ 180 a month to 450+ a month.....but it is cheaper to paytthe fine and have no insurance.

The problem with the Government...agencies and what ever they want to call them...don't die and go away...we still have the agency from 1975 that is supposed to help the US convert to the Metric System.

What the fuck...

Did you call a gypsy for those insurance rate predictions?

The only thing you "refuted" was maybe #1 if you're correct but I doubt it, the rest are stupid ass questions and conjecture.

Gibonius

Quote:
The population is growing. The economy was in such a huge hole that we need a lot of growth to make up the losses and keep up with the growing population.
Quote:
Yes, because unions and state employees have done so well over the last four years. State employees have been the single biggest loss of any sector of the economy. Without that, the employment numbers look a lot better.
Quote:
Insurance has been skyrocketing for a long time now. Obamacare doesn't fix that, but it addresses a shitload of other problems with our health care system.

Quote:
Wonder if you're talking about NIST, can't think of any other agency that might be tasked with implementing the metric system. That's about 0.001% of what NIST actually does and it's not exactly a wasteful agency.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...a-recovery.php

Quote:
Not if the number of new jobs is not keeping up with the demand for new jobs. We need about 150k new jobs a month just to keep up with population growth. Also, with so much of people's personal value lost in the housing bubble there is still a demand problem which is why the stimulus worked and why we need more.

Quote:
If by kissing the ass of unions and public sector workers you mean saving the auto companies and presiding over the largest firing of public employees. We have lost 600k public sector jobs under obama.

Also, his comments had zero effect on vegas and its business. The recession hurt vegas. http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulli...nged_las_vegas

Quote:
http://ycharts.com/indicators/indust...oduction_index

Quote:
-2% and +2% are not the same number.

Quote:
6.Gained where...IRS?
How about in the private sector.

Quote:
7.We are sill there.
Actually, all of our troops are out of Iraq. Perhaps you heard about it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BH03320111218

Quote:
According to who?

Quote:
False. The USMB was disbanded in 1982 under Reagan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Metric_Board
http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/laws/usmb.html

Last edited by pyramid; 08-29-2012 at 04:06 PM..

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

BAM

Owned.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Actually, all of our troops are out of Iraq. Perhaps you heard about it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BH03320111218

To be fair, we do have a shit load of "advisers" and suspiciously militaristic embassy staff there.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
To be fair, we do have a shit load of "advisers" and suspiciously militaristic embassy staff there.

Yeah, that was "lawyered" a little bit. Troops are out, plenty of advisers and contractors still there.

Ryuuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Last I read we have about 200 troops there...seling/training...but Ibet tht number fluctuates because an "advisor" may not be currently in the military.

Gibonius

Quote:
Last I read we have about 200 troops there...seling/training...but Ibet tht number fluctuates because an "advisor" may not be currently in the military.

5500 armed embassy staff as of February, no idea about right now.

Either way, Obama got the vast majority of our guys out of there and the country hasn't disintegrated just yet.

zumpiez5
Lasko
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

I love how libs thing war is somehow just a money hose right into a fire. War means jobs for american defense companies, technological break throughs, all the ancillary support that goes around those companies like truckers and pilots and sandwich shops.

You spend no money on defense and guess what, you will eventually be taken over. Then what? Too late to start that engine again when it got fucking nuked by China.

pyramid

So spending money on war is a good way for the government to create jobs but spending money on needed domestic infrastructure is not?

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasko View Post
I love how libs thing war is somehow just a money hose right into a fire. War means jobs for american defense companies, technological break throughs, all the ancillary support that goes around those companies like truckers and pilots and sandwich shops.
I'm sure there's some return to the civilian economy, but the ratio is absolutely terrible. We spent something like three trillion dollars on the war in Iraq. That's 20% of our yearly GDP. It's just an astronomical amount of money and a horrible, horrible investment. Should be pretty evident by the horrible economic performance throughout the entire war.

Quote:
You spend no money on defense and guess what, you will eventually be taken over. Then what? Too late to start that engine again when it got fucking nuked by China.
Yes, clearly people who don't want us unnecessarily invading other countries and occupying them for most of a decade are automatically in favor of complete disarmament. Flawless logic indeed.

Last edited by Gibonius; 08-29-2012 at 06:29 PM..

zumpiez5
Lasko
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
So spending money on war is a good way for the government to create jobs but spending money on needed domestic infrastructure is not?

Right, because I mention one thing, that means I forsake all others...

troll likes to troll

Gibonius

Quote:
Ignoring the obvious moral insanity of justifying a war on economic grounds, you're the one making the argument here. Let's see some facts. What was the economic return on the war? How does it compare to all the other ways we could have spent that money?

I'm going to bet that it doesn't even cover the interest we're going to have to pay on the (fully funded by debt) cost of the war.

Quote:
troll likes to troll
Takes one to know one?

Last edited by Gibonius; 08-29-2012 at 08:32 PM..

pyramid

Quote:

troll likes to troll

So you honestly believe that if we decrease our ridiculous "defense" spending that means the end of the world?

Or were you trying to employ a ridiculous slippery slope argument?

Last edited by pyramid; 08-29-2012 at 09:52 PM..