General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

and you can be uncomfortable with homosexuality without believing your discomfort means they should be denied rights.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
now change "believe there is a higher power in life" to "believe in things there is no evidence for"...

why is what would otherwise be described as a mental disorder a virtue in this one case?

Ramen.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

JPF_

Quote:
now change "believe there is a higher power in life" to "believe in things there is no evidence for"...

why is what would otherwise be described as a mental disorder a virtue in this one case?

As I said previously, religion is intangible emotional solace.....

It's something to hold onto to describe why you're here. To truly understand that you are here for nothing, and will die eventually......is hard for some people to take.

Mental disorder or not, its something someone believes in, to allow them to feel ok for the time they are here. However, people become over passionate.....but thats my view, not theirs.....I would not tell a Christian what they believe isn't real. Because its not my place to tell others what I believe. If asked , I would....other wise, who gives a shit what someone else believes? What is truly a mental disorder? It's all personal opinion on what you think is, or is not right/normal, correct?

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
anti-choice="pro-life"

I'm kinda tired and lose focus there after....

JPF_

Quote:
and you can be uncomfortable with homosexuality without believing your discomfort means they should be denied rights.

I do not think it comes down to someone in government getting the ickys about gay people. I think its more of a lot of Christians being in government, and special interest groups paying the politicians to keep homosexuals from being able to marry.

JPF_

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

dio

Quote:
I don't think a belief in god or religion makes you an overall dumb person, I just question the fact that they can allow yourself to believe something so crazy.

Belief in religion is easily agreeably crazy, because we can read the religious book and see what they believe exactly and then recognize it as crazy.

But to say belief in God is crazy, this is where we get into a gray area and what this entire thread is about. Because when you say someone 'believes in god', we still haven't exactly pinpointed what in the hell they are actually believing in. What does the devote christian mind actually believe god is? I think this is really the inherent flaw to all Atheist anti-god arguments, atheists assume that christian's think God is a man floating in the sky, and then argue against it based on that assumption. But I really don't think the image of the man floating in the sky is what Christians really think of god as, that whole atheist anti-god argument that relies on this image of god to argue its point is really just a big strawman argument. I think if one were to identify what it is exactly a person thinks god is, and demonstrate they understand it, and then explain how it has nothing to do with anything written in a book, this is how you disconnect a person from religion.

Aren't there any christians on this forum? Maybe I should go somewhere else and ask this.

P.S. Way to go on using your vag to help gay rights.

Last edited by dio; 08-19-2012 at 09:29 PM..

dio

Quote:

Pretty much I gotta reiterate to you the same thing I just posted to August above.

You assume you know what a Christian is believing in when they say they believe in God... You don't actually know what it is exactly a religious person is believing in.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
As I said previously, religion is intangible emotional solace.....

It's something to hold onto to describe why you're here. To truly understand that you are here for nothing, and will die eventually......is hard for some people to take.

Mental disorder or not, its something someone believes in, to allow them to feel ok for the time they are here. However, people become over passionate.....but thats my view, not theirs.....I would not tell a Christian what they believe isn't real. Because its not my place to tell others what I believe. If asked , I would....other wise, who gives a shit what someone else believes? What is truly a mental disorder? It's all personal opinion on what you think is, or is not right/normal, correct?

The only reason I care about what other people believe is because some of them get so wrapped up in their intangible emotional solace that they think everyone needs to be like them. They want their intangible emotional solace to be taught in schools because they can't reconcile their intangible emotional solace with reality. They want everyone to adhere to the rules of their intangible emotional solace. They distort history and suggest that our country was founded on their intangible emotional solace to help legitimize their imagined right to make laws based upon their intangible emotional solace.

As soon as everyone gets the memo to keep their intangible emotional solace to themselves, they won't have to hear anyone elses opinion of their intangible emotional solace.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Pretty much I gotta reiterate to you the same thing I just posted to August above.

You assume you know what a Christian is believing in when they say they believe in God... You don't actually know what it is exactly a religious person is believing in.

They believe in religion. That's all I need to know.

topcat989

Quote:
anti-choice="pro-life"

pro-choice="anti-life"

JPF_

Quote:
The only reason I care about what other people believe is because some of them get so wrapped up in their intangible emotional solace that they think everyone needs to be like them. They want their intangible emotional solace to be taught in schools because they can't reconcile their intangible emotional solace with reality. They want everyone to adhere to the rules of their intangible emotional solace. They distort history and suggest that our country was founded on their intangible emotional solace to help legitimize their imagined right to make laws based upon their intangible emotional solace.

As soon as everyone gets the memo to keep their intangible emotional solace to themselves, they won't have to hear anyone elses opinion of their intangible emotional solace.

But that the intangible emotional solace......replace it with anything.

Education system sucks fucking ass....not because religion, well.....ok not 100% religion.....

Really any topic worth discussing is the same.....its all personal opinion.

I agree with what you're saying , nothing should be pushed into anyone's face that is not accepting of the content. I understand, people die and kill for their religious beliefs. Radicals are born every day, religious or political reasons.....

I think the issue at hand really is people not understanding that everyone is different in their train of thought.....as mentioned before, their "critical thinking" abilities maybe altered due to their upbringing, or social standing.....

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
pro-choice="anti-life"

No, not even close.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
pro-choice="anti-life"

I love how the republicans/conservatives are always going on about government not controlling every part of your life unless it comes to women having control over their vaginas.

pro life= government regulation of vaginas
pro life= abstinence only and your employer gets to decide what legal medicine you can get with your insurance plan
"pro life"= more abortions. check the fucking stats.

You can't even justify "pro life" according to the bible. The punishment for abortion is a fine according to the bible. The punishment for eating shrimp or bacon is death according to the bible.

Kindly shut the fuck up about abortion, you fucking ignorant retards.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

My favorite mexican dish is bacon wrapped shrimp.

God hasnt smitten me yet....