General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Ryuuko
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Federal tax dollars don't pay for abortions and they haven't since 1976.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood



"Planned Parenthood headquarters on Massachusetts Avenue in Washington, D.C.
Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970",

"funding cannot be allocated for abortions,[45] but some opponents of abortion have argued that allocating money to Planned Parenthood for the provision of other medical services "frees up" funds to be re-allocated for abortion."

It does indirectly get Federal Funding.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 PM Ryuuko is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

aoeoae
 
aoeoae's Avatar
 
tell me about a time you opened your mind to the whole world, and were destroyed by what you saw...
Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 PM aoeoae is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.
 
asa's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Jamma View Post
The cake is a lie.

/religion

no, religion is "when you finish, there will be cake! delicious, delicious cake!"
__________________
1967 Ford Mustang, Inline Six, will i ever get this T5 installed?
my build
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=786083

Asa of the Infidel Crew
Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 AM asa is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Federal tax dollars don't pay for abortions and they haven't since 1976.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment

Oh - sorry, wasn't indicating they did or anything. Was just saying my view - that I don't think personal morals should ever be a factor in our government.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Oh - sorry, wasn't indicating they did or anything. Was just saying my view - that I don't think personal morals should ever be a factor in our government.
Why yes, this is why our officials should not be praying or leading prayers in any official fashion, putting crosses and religious symbols on public property, using religious precepts as a validation of laws, get government funding or discounts for religious institutions or social groups, dropping scientific programs and ignoring scientific evidence because it contradicts their religious views, pushing their religious indoctrination into the public school system, changing factual history and science to come inline with their religion. Sadly, a lot of of these so called government officials only believe in the first amendment if works only for them. There was a study that showed the reduce amount of empathy these so called conservative have.
http://journals.chapman.edu/ojs/inde...le/view/91/311
I find most politically motivated conservatives are some of the least empathetic people I know. They preach their so called savior teaching but don't vote in the same empathetic matter. They practice black and white morality. They expect you to live by their morals and if you don't, you should be socially castrated. Heck even their so called NEWS shows lie to influence their political agenda.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch View Post
Why yes, this is why our officials should not be praying or leading prayers in any official fashion, putting crosses and religious symbols on public property, using religious precepts as a validation of laws, get government funding or discounts for religious institutions or social groups, dropping scientific programs and ignoring scientific evidence because it contradicts their religious views, pushing their religious indoctrination into the public school system, changing factual history and science to come inline with their religion. Sadly, a lot of of these so called government officials only believe in the first amendment if works only for them. There was a study that showed the reduce amount of empathy these so called conservative have.
http://journals.chapman.edu/ojs/inde...le/view/91/311
I find most politically motivated conservatives are some of the least empathetic people I know. They preach their so called savior teaching but don't vote in the same empathetic matter. They practice black and white morality. They expect you to live by their morals and if you don't, you should be socially castrated. Heck even their so called NEWS shows lie to influence their political agenda.

Agreed + Disagreed - neither should a fucking mayor say they won't allow a restaurant just because they are outspoken about their religion of choice Only places as stupid as liberals. This is coming from an atheist, mind you. It works both ways, quit trying to classify your side of the politics as the only sane one's, because that is fucking hilarious
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Of all my conservative beliefs, everything I believe government wise sticks to economics. Thats all the government should EVER be concerned with. Note: I am NOT in anyway religious, atheist if anything.

So when I say this, it makes no difference to my political beliefs: I find abortion to be morally wrong. It was your stupidity. However, I am not you, I am not your beliefs/moral, and nor should I be. My only concern of abortion in relation to the government is when it comes to money. Tax payers should NEVER have to pay for your mistakes.

This is one of the most sensible things I've ever heard you say.
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Agreed + Disagreed - neither should a fucking mayor say they won't allow a restaurant just because they are outspoken about their religion of choice Only places as stupid as liberals. This is coming from an atheist, mind you. It works both ways, quit trying to classify your side of the politics as the only sane one's, because that is fucking hilarious
Did I comment on liberalism? No, I commented on the current state of political conservativism.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 08-24-2012, 03:05 PM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Lets save some gubmint money by not chipping in on abortions. It's just much cheaper to have some deadbeat fuck spit out a baby and care for it on gubmint money.

Similar with addiction problems. I don't want to pay for your fucking mistakes. I'd rather have you as a noncontributing member to society, and I want to pay for everything you do.

What I want from my government is that it dishes out petty revenge that I want, regardless of the cost.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
quit trying to classify your side of the politics as the only sane one's, because that is fucking hilarious

indeed

Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
indeed


So it's free for a fee.

Sounds like business to me.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
So it's free for a fee.

Sounds like business to me.

Dr Seuss is on the loose.....


You're a poet and didn't know it.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:51 AM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Did I mention that I know the correct belief structure to implement in the brain ?
Old 08-25-2012, 10:11 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.