General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
If it failed, how the fuck did Goldman and all the other shitty companies give millions for bonuses? And they are still around making profit off the poor.

All the auto manufacturers finally got their shit together and are actually using better products for their autos......

I have yet to hear of a major business who received bail out, tarp....whatever.....and went bankrupt.....

The biggest "failure" of the bailouts is the fact that we didn't use them as an opportunity to force all the bank leaders out and institute some extremely rigorous financial regulations as a cost of taking the bailout. But, uh, the Republicans wouldn't let that happen.

I have no fucking clue how anyone can claim the bailouts were a "failure." What metric would they be using for that? They've all pretty much been paid off, they kept a huge number of people working, and prevented catastrophic economic collapses of the financial sector and the domestic auto industry. Damn cheap for the price.


Just another case of the drones miming the narrative. Repeat something often enough and it'll get absorbed, whether it has any facts to substantiate it or not.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius
 
Also, things are more expensive than they used to be mostly because of gas prices. Aside from releasing oil from the strategic oil reserve, nothing Obama could do would influence gas prices. Keystone XL wouldn't have kicked in for many years, ditto any expansions in drilling. Two billion Indians and Chinese are driving gas prices up, nothing we can do about it. Get used to it, or find a better source of energy for your cars. Blaming the president for that is stupid (was stupid when people blamed Bush for high gas prices too).

Two other big factors:

Corn ethanol has pushed food prices up across the board, and is a terrible policy. Instituted by Bush, but it's just another handout to farmers at the cost of everybody else.
Big fucking drought. Again nothing Obama can do about that one.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
The biggest "failure" of the bailouts is the fact that we didn't use them as an opportunity to force all the bank leaders out and institute some extremely rigorous financial regulations as a cost of taking the bailout. But, uh, the Republicans wouldn't let that happen.

I have no fucking clue how anyone can claim the bailouts were a "failure." What metric would they be using for that? They've all pretty much been paid off, they kept a huge number of people working, and prevented catastrophic economic collapses of the financial sector and the domestic auto industry. Damn cheap for the price.


Just another case of the drones miming the narrative. Repeat something often enough and it'll get absorbed, whether it has any facts to substantiate it or not.

Amen. They cleaned house at GM, but the wall street kings got very little in terms of performance review GM is profitable last time I checked, and has released cool new shit like the volt and camaro 2.0 with IRS. Not exactly stagnating/doing nothing.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Ya. Ok.

When was the last time you asshole Obama supporters went to the grocery store? Items are getting smaller while the price remain the same.



Start growing some of your food and you can watch them getting bigger instead of smaller.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:07 PM edplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Amen. They cleaned house at GM, but the wall street kings got very little in terms of performance review GM is profitable last time I checked, and has released cool new shit like the volt and camaro 2.0 with IRS. Not exactly stagnating/doing nothing.

And something like 500k (I don't give enough fucks to look up the number) of people in supporting industries are still employed.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

someone else
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Amen. They cleaned house at GM, but the wall street kings got very little in terms of performance review GM is profitable last time I checked, and has released cool new shit like the volt and camaro 2.0 with IRS. Not exactly stagnating/doing nothing.

GM is doing well, except for the fucking catastrophe over in europe.

Then again, not many manufacturers are doing much of anything in europe either, except VW, IIRC, because they are undercutting the fuck out of EVERYBODY.
__________________
Driving:
2005 Acura RSX Type-S
1996 Pontiac Trans Am - LT1 + T56, not stock
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645
Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 PM someone else is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
If it failed, how the fuck did Goldman and all the other shitty companies give millions for bonuses? And they are still around making profit off the poor.

All the auto manufacturers finally got their shit together and are actually using better products for their autos......

I have yet to hear of a major business who received bail out, tarp....whatever.....and went bankrupt.....

BECAUSE THEY FUCKING CACKLED AND CHOKED SAYING "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WERE THAT STUPID TO BAIL US OUT HAHAHAA LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE CONTINUE TO ABUSE THE DOLLARS WE HAVE!111"
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-22-2012, 06:29 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
giving money to the poor and unemployed is literally the most effective stimulus


Numbers that coincide at the same time - that DEFINITELY indicates that those are the cause and have a relation

Take a look at just about ANY numbers during ANY depression. Protip hint: It's all going downhill

Nice "source" roflcopters, and nice "dates" of said numbers. This looks totally legit brah!
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 08-22-2012, 06:35 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
look at that babbling fucking retard, he doesn't even know where those figures came from, and he seems to have trouble understanding what numbers mean and what they're trying to say
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Numbers that coincide at the same time - that DEFINITELY indicates that those are the cause and have a relation

Take a look at just about ANY numbers during ANY depression. Protip hint: It's all going downhill

Nice "source" roflcopters, and nice "dates" of said numbers. This looks totally legit brah!

You pretty much just instantly ignore anything that doesn't fit your opinions, don't you?


Your comments don't even make sense for what he posted. At all.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

JCviggen
 
As long as corporations and interest groups effectively control who gets elected to run your congress (moneyyyy) it doesn't matter who the fucking president is. You're going to get screwed anyway.

The real story is that the American society has been duped to the point that they will happily vote against their own best interests and feel good about it.

As an outsider I would consider Obama largely a failure, not entirely of his own making but he did plenty of things wrong anyway. But Romney and his sidekick are not currently a credible alternative. They could be one if they laid out some actual economic policies that could fix the mess. So far they haven't, it's more of the same "Reps against Big Government" who in the next breath will tell you who you can or cannot marry and send some extra billions towards the military industries whilst professing the need to close the deficit.
Laughable if it wasn't so sad.

America (and Europe but that's not the topic) needs credible centrist governments that can get things done. What you have now is the "left" that is actually right and a "right" that is off the cliff batshit insane. All this partisan BS is kindergarten politics while the house is burning down.
__________________
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 AM JCviggen is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

Ryuuko
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
GM is doing well, except for the fucking catastrophe over in europe.

Oh really...its stock went from 33 to 19 a share + other losses.


http://news.investors.com/article/61...hares-fall.htm



"To quote Lando Calrissian, this deal's getting worse all the time"

about 41 Billion could be lost.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 PM Ryuuko is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You pretty much just instantly ignore anything that doesn't fit your opinions, don't you?


Your comments don't even make sense for what he posted. At all.

If you play chess with someone who doesn't fully get it and say "checkmate" they will say "nahhh" and move the king five spaces.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-25-2012, 01:00 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
giving money to the poor and unemployed is literally the most effective stimulus


don't confuse people with facts they wont understand.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-25-2012, 01:05 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Numbers that coincide at the same time - that DEFINITELY indicates that those are the cause and have a relation

Take a look at just about ANY numbers during ANY depression. Protip hint: It's all going downhill

Nice "source" roflcopters, and nice "dates" of said numbers. This looks totally legit brah!

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-25-2012, 01:10 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.