General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
We ended a war and saved a little money on medicare.

Could you attach a number to that? I don't need anything super specific. Whatever you feel comfortable with. About how much were federal expenditures reduced during his term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
We canned a few new boats and a modern fighter jet...

I know this one is harder to quantify but are you saying that we didn't expand our global empire in any way during his time? And I assume you are also talking about the U.S. not facilitating the expansion of corporate interests into any other part of the planet during his time because I believe that most people view those interests to also be part of our empire.

I'm going to ask a favor of you here and that would be to not skirt around these issues. Everything I have seen from you over the years makes me believe that you are a stand up guy.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
Of course I agree. Compromise is necessary for peace and order. However, there is absolutely nothing about the resounding fact that no leader can change a fundamentally flawed system for the better without first changing that system fundamentally. That much is obvious and self-explanatory. Sure, slight changes for better or worse could be affected by different presidents.
But what is idealistic or childish at all about my conjecture that so long as banks and corporations buy out the government, and thus control the laws and police, it doesnt really matter so much who the president is? That isnt childish my friend, it is a dire truth

That being said, you're right, I am idealistic. But things COULD and likely will be more ideal in the future. In 10 thousand, or 100 thousand years, we'll have probably moved on to bigger and better issues.

It's not just banks. It's insurance companies too for instance. PPACA is a step in the right direction. Sure one president can only slightly impact history but I'm voting for the one who will do it to my liking no matter how slight it may be.

Are you saying that until everything is perfect taking any steps to get there is pointless?

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Are you saying that until everything is perfect taking any steps to get there is pointless?

He is saying that if you take one step in the direction you prefer and 29 steps in a different direction that you will end up in a place that you don't want to be.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
He is saying that if you take one step in the direction you prefer and 29 steps in a different direction that you will end up in a place that you don't want to be.

Well I'm certainly not afraid of that with Barry at the wheel.

edplayer
no

Quote:

who is Barry?

Golf(e)

Quote:
This makes absolutely no sense. How are barrack obamas decisions not entirely frightening?
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop

Golf(e)

This argument will only go in circles, i realize that. Its cool that obama doesnt speak like a robot-man and all, i like that about him too, but... i guess until the shit hits the fan nothing REALLY will change? you know, empires build, destroy, build. Or if not destroy at least shake the fuck up and put back together. Nothing unrealistic, no apocalypse, just something simple like uh.. our currency collapsing.
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop

edplayer
no

Quote:
How are barrack obamas decisions not entirely frightening?

That is an easy one.

Ignorance. I think almost everyone would fall into that category (including me). How many things do we talk about when discussing the President? 10 things? 15, 20?

How many bills did he sign as President? How many different things did each of those bills affect?

Golf(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
That is an easy one.

Ignorance. I think almost everyone would fall into that category (including me). How many things do we talk about when discussing the President? 10 things? 15, 20?

How many bills did he sign as President? How many different things did each of those bills affect?
Right of course. As I promptly admitted, i dont pay enough attention to the facts, and clearly this is a mutua problem between people. Because if youre looking at "the bigger picture", the most obvious problems scream out at the human race and are very easily identifiable when considering civilization as a whole, functioning organism.

A damn shame, really. With all of my well meaning, valid, sane principles i demand of the human race, behind it is still ignorance and fear, as must be said for all of us

dbzeag

Quote:
You don't care about abortion? Figures since you never get laid... but Health care? Core economic policies? Immigration? Environment? Taxation? Welfare?

If you don't care about those things, I don't give a shit what else you have to say I mean what else is there? Gay people? Now THAT is shit I don't care about.

Fuck you to.
dbzeag of mofugger's homophobe list
One Third of the Asslilly Triumverate

Golf(e)

Theres more important shit to worry about than a bunch of fags fucking. its not like the denial of same sex marriage is an outrageous claim of power by our government and a bullet point that speaks volumes on the characteristics of our species

Im just saying I personally really wouldnt worry about it, gay or not. basic human rights? sounds like fag talk to me

Golf(e)

i really didnt post that in support of gay people so much as out of frustration that people even have the ability to look at things so superficially

cockAZNsensation

I clicked hoping this thread would be about flipping cars or houses or something. Nobody wants to hear about electoral politics. OMG every 4 years they let us choose between brand A and brand B corporate leaders!

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzeag View Post
Fuck you to.

Sensitive much

Explanation: I don't care about abridging your rights to marry each other or serve in the military, it doesn't bother me what you do.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
This makes absolutely no sense. How are barrack obamas decisions not entirely frightening?

Just like that, they aren't entirely frightening. Most of them I agree with. Like nuclear power, drones, PPACA, pulling out troops, taxes...

What do you not like?