General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

I'm more likely to make my own "Phoenix Tears".

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Foolioq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
you're out of your mind bro

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

holy fucking god you have got to be kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Terence McKenna, a firm believer in the transformation of 2012 once said that, what he thinks is going to come to happen in 2012 is simply 'art will get teeth'. Meaning art will reach a level of power that everything can be recreated with it.

You also must understand an additional context to that, in that Mckenna has sees art, or 'magick' (same thing in this context), as being the prime weapon against monotheistic control structures (religion), that inherently manifest a dualistic paradigm and resultingly cause people to believe fighting is necessary.

So to say 'art will get teeth', means, the effort to decondition humanity from duality for all the past thousands of years through what is modern day 'art', and what in the past was 'magick', simply means 2012 is a culmination point when a thousand year effort may reach a benchmark.

Mckenna didn't live long enough to see the state of the world today, but my interpretation of his instinct, and that statement, is that he sensed the coming interactive technology. Interactive gaming. It is through this technology that art is getting teeth.

Think about how in the 1800's, if an artist wanted to create something to try to cause a social change, to impact someone. They made a poster, they made a painting, a pamphlet. They would post it on a wall. They could hope, enough people walking by, enough artists making art, this would cause social change. But still no matter how many posters you have, how many paintings, this art is still very passive. Or you could a traveling story teller, or theatre show, entertain people for a few hours. Still that is very passive.

Go forward on the timeline a little to the 1970's where personal audio players were now standard. People could walk around, engrossed in music, they could essentially live in the artwork of musicians. It is really on this principle that I believe so much social change happened in the 1970's. The movement was largely led by musicians, and musicians could have such a magickal force on culture as a whole (remember magick / art are the same thing in this context), musicians could have such a hold on society because due to the prevelance of portable audio technology being so cheap, and everywhere. People could always constantly live in the art created by the musicians of the time, and because of this it rearranged the brain of so many people. In a true traditional sense, magick is willed brain change, thats why art with the intent to change society is magick. Interestingly many major bands of the era (The Beattles, Led Zeppelin) in one way or another, do pay homage to Aleister Crowley, a major proprietor of magick at the turn of the last century.

Art began to get teeth in the 1970's you could say...

but in 2012, now. With the fact that everyones portable media device doesn't just play music, but is completely integrated into their life, into their friends, into their way of thinking, and is a highly capable 3D accelerated interactive device. The potential for it to be used as a magickal force is seriously off the charts. You can completely recondition culture with this level of engrossing technology, more so than John Lennon or anyone ever could before. If John Lennon was alive today ( or any major non-dualistic force) , and was leading a mobile game development studio, we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation because it'd be well on it's way to being done. If he could get that much done with just music, and people playing 3 to 4 minute recordings over speakers. Imagine how much impact he would of had if people were staring at screens, completely hypnotized and engrossed in them, with more sensse being stimulated, for hours and hours on end playing some sort of game, or involved in some interactive something, that was completely magickally charged for the rearrangement of someones brain. This technology is really being wasted on shit like 'modern warfare' and 'zooville' and 'world of warcraft'. Although world of warcraft does have some interesting magickal components put in it, but I think it's more detrimental than helpful.

So anyways, discuss this thread topic with me so I can attempt to devise magickal structures that can be implemented into a multi-touch mobile device to recondition your brain. The great work will be completed, we are so very close.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
and then masturbate alone in your mansion ?

You know you originally convinced me I should smoke weed.

In a way I wouldn't be thinking like this if it weren't for you.

KARMA BITCHES

THANKS A LOT PYRAMID YOU ENABLED HIS IDIOCY

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

hahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

if a frog had wings...

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
We were the gods of the world after WW2. We could have done whatever we wanted and we did.

If we had chosen to help everyone else in the world develop their agriculture and infrastructure as opposed to spending trillions on weapons systems which have largely gone unused, the world would be a very different, better place today.
Maybe, maybe not. It's a fallacy to think that everything that happened in the past 70 years would be exactly the same only better since the money spent on defense would (theoretically) be spent making the world a better place.

Of course to resolve that in your mind you either have to downplay all of the technology that resulted from the arms race as well as the (nationalistic) space race....which directly impacted our superpower/wealthy nation status. Remember that the largest jump in our nations status/wealth occurred in the period directly following WW2...but would that have played out the same with a symbolic "honor guard" military and no aspirations to reach the stars because that money would be better spent on domestic social programs?

Ending participation in wars is one thing, (or picking and choosing involvement more wisely) completely dissolving the military is quite another...and neither is totally realistic as long as humans are in control of countries. Just keep in mind that when you align yourself with dio, it's never as simple as his first post..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
holy fucking god you have got to be kidding me.

keep me in the context of a sci fi comic writer and this will all make more sense

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Maybe, maybe not. It's a fallacy to think that everything that happened in the past 70 years would be exactly the same only better since the money spent on defense would (theoretically) be spent making the world a better place.

Of course to resolve that in your mind you either have to downplay all of the technology that resulted from the arms race as well as the (nationalistic) space race....which directly impacted our superpower/wealthy nation status. Remember that the largest jump in our nations status/wealth occurred in the period directly following WW2...but would that have played out the same with a symbolic "honor guard" military and no aspirations to reach the stars because that money would be better spent on domestic social programs?

Ending participation in wars is one thing, (or picking and choosing involvement more wisely) completely dissolving the military is quite another...and neither is totally realistic as long as humans are in control of countries. Just keep in mind that when you align yourself with dio, it's never as simple as his first post..

I don't think humanity was ready for it back then.... but they are now. We could do it.

pyramid

Quote:
THANKS A LOT PYRAMID YOU ENABLED HIS IDIOCY

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

dio

Quote:
THANKS A LOT PYRAMID YOU ENABLED HIS BRILLIANCY

ftfy

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post

I would hope that in the absence of wars we wouldn't have just dumped all that money into domestic social programs. I'd like to think that we would still explore space and have even more money to spend on exploration and scientific advancement.

Also, if we did as I suggested and helped the world develop its agriculture and infrastructure, we would be universally loved in a world that was far more capable of feeding and sustaining itself than the one we live in now which would also reduce the need for wars over resources.

dio

Quote:
I would hope that in the absence of wars we wouldn't have just dumped all that money into domestic social programs. I'd like to think that we would still explore space and have even more money to spend on exploration and scientific advancement.

Also, if we did as I suggested and helped the world develop its agriculture and infrastructure, we would be universally loved in a world that was far more capable of feeding and sustaining itself than the one we live in now which would also reduce the need for wars over resources.

you've seen the same thing I have

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
We were the gods of the world after WW2. We could have done whatever we wanted and we did.

If we had chosen to help everyone else in the world develop their agriculture and infrastructure as opposed to spending trillions on weapons systems which have largely gone unused, the world would be a very different, better place today.

and then the russians would've conquered us.

its all great and fine to say we could use the money to better ourselves, but you have to do it on a global scale or some country with a military will just steam roll your defenseless ass for whatever reason they feel like.

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

what we need here is zefram cochrane to build his warp ship so we can make first contact with the vulcans.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:

You're the one that mentioned nationalism...which is exactly what fueled the space program and landed a man on the moon less than 10 years after it started. In other words, if it weren't for the perceived threat and rivalry with the Soviet Union, we likely would not have had the fastest technological advance in human history...

We've done a lot of what you say, and in some case more than any other nation...but love doesn't work that way. It seems the more "aid" we send to other countries the more they hate us either secretly or openly. Kinda like a kid who realizes he wouldn't have the latest iphone, game console or clothes if it weren't for his parents...but still resents them because they have "rules" and "expectations" that come along with it......but won't give those things up

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Last edited by joemama; 08-26-2012 at 09:09 PM..