General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You're the one that mentioned nationalism...which is exactly what fueled the space program and landed a man on the moon less than 10 years after it started. In other words, if it weren't for the perceived threat and rivalry with the Soviet Union, we likely would not have had the fastest technological advance in human history...

We've done a lot of what you say, and in some case more than any other nation...but love doesn't work that way. It seems the more "aid" we send to other countries the more they hate us either secretly or openly. Kinda like a kid who realizes he wouldn't have the latest iphone, game console or clothes if it weren't for his parents...but still resents them because they have "rules" and "expectations" that come along with it......but won't give those things up

for the record, I don't think we should be sending out 'aid' so much as just building the infrastructure within our country to make it more humane here

Personally the way I see it, if you don't believe in the innate good, and the innate potential of the collective human soul, you should probably not be participating in humanity. I mean what are you trying to do here? Just convince everyone that they suck?

Humans are a species that naturally strive for community love and space migration. In an uninhibited culture without restriction, this is all that would happen to the greatest effect.

I really have to look back at history and wonder, where exactly did humanity depart from that and why? I think it had something to do with the point at which monotheism and male control hierarchies started to condition women to only have sex with 1 male (themselves), thus creating rivalry. Really I think the root of all human turmoil comes to sex, power displays to get sex, and power to control to keep the sex. These things then escalated into national scale endeavors. People more freely fucking, and men learning how to share women is probably a necessary first step. Men fucking each other may be something necessary as well.

Last edited by dio; 08-26-2012 at 10:25 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
ugh, god fucking dammit.

you lost me at terence mckenna and I'm one of the few people who even knows who he is.

why did you have to go from a good idea to full on retard?

you went full retard.
never go full retard.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
You're the one that mentioned nationalism...which is exactly what fueled the space program and landed a man on the moon less than 10 years after it started. In other words, if it weren't for the perceived threat and rivalry with the Soviet Union, we likely would not have had the fastest technological advance in human history...

perhaps.

Quote:
We've done a lot of what you say, and in some case more than any other nation...but love doesn't work that way. It seems the more "aid" we send to other countries the more they hate us either secretly or openly. Kinda like a kid who realizes he wouldn't have the latest iphone, game console or clothes if it weren't for his parents...but still resents them because they have "rules" and "expectations" that come along with it......but won't give those things up
That's because we give money and food to dictators who use it to feed their armies so they can go commit more genocide instead.

That or we just give people grain and water instead of a well, drought resistant crops, a harvester and some farming lessons.

China is going around the world doing what I suggest and people fucking love them for it.

1MeanBean

Utopian visions always end bad because after all...we are all human. You are always going to have conflict because that's human nature.

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MeanBean View Post
Utopian visions always end bad because after all...we are all human. You are always going to have conflict because that's human nature.

this isn't utopian, this isn't ignoring human nature.

This is recognizing what human nature is, and working to make the most benefit out of it. This is a vision of harmony, and proper organization, and efficiency. This doesn't remove 'human' conflict, what this removes is 'non-human neurosis', as in, the neurosis of institution.

Aside from that, the notion that 'we cant have it that good', this is a residual metaprogramming of Christianity. It comes from the conception of 'original sin'. The Church imprinted this into humanity in mass so that people would be more willing to accept worse living conditions because they have an 'original sin', that they must submit to the church to be 'forgiven for' after a lifetime of hard work and poor living conditions. The entire viewpoint that something slightly utopian is inherently flawed doesn't come from logic nor experience, it comes from this useless, residual, christian metaprogramming.

Last edited by dio; 08-27-2012 at 01:22 AM..

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
perhaps.

That's because we give money and food to dictators who use it to feed their armies so they can go commit more genocide instead.

That or we just give people grain and water instead of a well, drought resistant crops, a harvester and some farming lessons.

China is going around the world doing what I suggest and people fucking love them for it.
And how do you propose keeping it out of the hands of dictators..overthrowing them with a disbanded, underfunded, non-existent military or just asking nicely? Aiding or not aiding other nations is never a black and white, good or evil thing..just a whole lot of different shades of gray...and never as simple as Utopians make it out to be.

Oh, and if you think the U.S. hasn't tried or is currently doing the things you suggest...maybe you should do a little more research.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
And how do you propose keeping it out of the hands of dictators..overthrowing them with a disbanded, underfunded, non-existent military or just asking nicely? Aiding or not aiding other nations is never a black and white, good or evil thing..just a whole lot of different shades of gray...and never as simple as Utopians make it out to be.

Oh, and if you think the U.S. hasn't tried or is currently doing the things you suggest...maybe you should do a little more research.

there's a thick layer of delicious irony in this one

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
there's a thick layer of delicious irony in this one
Is it gooey? Also, delicious savory or delicious sweet..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
you went full retard.
never go full retard.

i dont understand why the subject of terence mckenna is so taboo

cockAZNsensation

Last edited by cockAZNsensation; 08-29-2012 at 07:36 PM..

cockAZNsensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
It is not the strongest species that survives, it is the most adaptable. To be adaptable you need to be dynamic, and to be dynamic you need things that force yourself into different modalities. This is what I am doing.

Have you read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-c..._consciousness

cockAZNsensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MeanBean View Post

We're having conflict right now, but genmay hasn't ended.

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockAZNsensation View Post

very familiar

Patriotic Eagle

You probably shouldn't have spent all that time getting super high if you really wanted to have anything resembling a realistic and useful understanding of society/reality. On the other hand all the sci fi analogies in this thread are fairly fucking cool.

cockAZNsensation

hahahahahahahahaha lets look up what the word "real" means
Quote:
re·al    [ree-uhl, reel]
adjective
true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent: the real reason for an act.
existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious: a story taken from real life.
being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary: The events you will see in the film are real and not just made up.
being actually such; not merely so-called: a real victory.
genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; authentic: a real antique; a real diamond; real silk.
oh okay it means "true" got it

Quote:
true   [troo]
adjective, tru·er, tru·est, noun, adverb, verb, trued, tru·ing or true·ing.
adjective
being in accordance with the actual state or conditions; conforming to reality or fact; not false: a true story.
real; genuine; authentic: true gold; true feelings.
sincere; not deceitful: a true interest in someone's welfare.
firm in allegiance; loyal; faithful; steadfast: a true friend.
being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something: the true meaning of his statement.
oh okay it means "real" got it

Patriotic Eagle

What you mean by "real" is the consensus reality of others and yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_reality

Real is not real.