General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You're the one that mentioned nationalism...which is exactly what fueled the space program and landed a man on the moon less than 10 years after it started. In other words, if it weren't for the perceived threat and rivalry with the Soviet Union, we likely would not have had the fastest technological advance in human history...

We've done a lot of what you say, and in some case more than any other nation...but love doesn't work that way. It seems the more "aid" we send to other countries the more they hate us either secretly or openly. Kinda like a kid who realizes he wouldn't have the latest iphone, game console or clothes if it weren't for his parents...but still resents them because they have "rules" and "expectations" that come along with it......but won't give those things up

for the record, I don't think we should be sending out 'aid' so much as just building the infrastructure within our country to make it more humane here

Personally the way I see it, if you don't believe in the innate good, and the innate potential of the collective human soul, you should probably not be participating in humanity. I mean what are you trying to do here? Just convince everyone that they suck?

Humans are a species that naturally strive for community love and space migration. In an uninhibited culture without restriction, this is all that would happen to the greatest effect.

I really have to look back at history and wonder, where exactly did humanity depart from that and why? I think it had something to do with the point at which monotheism and male control hierarchies started to condition women to only have sex with 1 male (themselves), thus creating rivalry. Really I think the root of all human turmoil comes to sex, power displays to get sex, and power to control to keep the sex. These things then escalated into national scale endeavors. People more freely fucking, and men learning how to share women is probably a necessary first step. Men fucking each other may be something necessary as well.

Last edited by dio; 08-26-2012 at 10:25 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 10:13 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TUT RAGE!!!
 
TUT RAGE!!!'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
ugh, god fucking dammit.

you lost me at terence mckenna and I'm one of the few people who even knows who he is.

why did you have to go from a good idea to full on retard?

you went full retard.
never go full retard.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 PM TUT RAGE!!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You're the one that mentioned nationalism...which is exactly what fueled the space program and landed a man on the moon less than 10 years after it started. In other words, if it weren't for the perceived threat and rivalry with the Soviet Union, we likely would not have had the fastest technological advance in human history...

perhaps.

Quote:
We've done a lot of what you say, and in some case more than any other nation...but love doesn't work that way. It seems the more "aid" we send to other countries the more they hate us either secretly or openly. Kinda like a kid who realizes he wouldn't have the latest iphone, game console or clothes if it weren't for his parents...but still resents them because they have "rules" and "expectations" that come along with it......but won't give those things up
That's because we give money and food to dictators who use it to feed their armies so they can go commit more genocide instead.

That or we just give people grain and water instead of a well, drought resistant crops, a harvester and some farming lessons.

China is going around the world doing what I suggest and people fucking love them for it.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

1MeanBean
 
Utopian visions always end bad because after all...we are all human. You are always going to have conflict because that's human nature.
__________________
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 PM 1MeanBean is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MeanBean View Post
Utopian visions always end bad because after all...we are all human. You are always going to have conflict because that's human nature.

this isn't utopian, this isn't ignoring human nature.

This is recognizing what human nature is, and working to make the most benefit out of it. This is a vision of harmony, and proper organization, and efficiency. This doesn't remove 'human' conflict, what this removes is 'non-human neurosis', as in, the neurosis of institution.

Aside from that, the notion that 'we cant have it that good', this is a residual metaprogramming of Christianity. It comes from the conception of 'original sin'. The Church imprinted this into humanity in mass so that people would be more willing to accept worse living conditions because they have an 'original sin', that they must submit to the church to be 'forgiven for' after a lifetime of hard work and poor living conditions. The entire viewpoint that something slightly utopian is inherently flawed doesn't come from logic nor experience, it comes from this useless, residual, christian metaprogramming.

Last edited by dio; 08-27-2012 at 01:22 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
perhaps.



That's because we give money and food to dictators who use it to feed their armies so they can go commit more genocide instead.

That or we just give people grain and water instead of a well, drought resistant crops, a harvester and some farming lessons.

China is going around the world doing what I suggest and people fucking love them for it.
And how do you propose keeping it out of the hands of dictators..overthrowing them with a disbanded, underfunded, non-existent military or just asking nicely? Aiding or not aiding other nations is never a black and white, good or evil thing..just a whole lot of different shades of gray...and never as simple as Utopians make it out to be.

Oh, and if you think the U.S. hasn't tried or is currently doing the things you suggest...maybe you should do a little more research.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
And how do you propose keeping it out of the hands of dictators..overthrowing them with a disbanded, underfunded, non-existent military or just asking nicely? Aiding or not aiding other nations is never a black and white, good or evil thing..just a whole lot of different shades of gray...and never as simple as Utopians make it out to be.

Oh, and if you think the U.S. hasn't tried or is currently doing the things you suggest...maybe you should do a little more research.

there's a thick layer of delicious irony in this one
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 08-27-2012, 02:47 PM Straw Man is online now  
Reply With Quote
#52  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
there's a thick layer of delicious irony in this one
Is it gooey? Also, delicious savory or delicious sweet..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 08-27-2012, 03:06 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
you went full retard.
never go full retard.

i dont understand why the subject of terence mckenna is so taboo
Old 08-28-2012, 01:32 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

cockAZNsensation
 
cockAZNsensation's Avatar
 

Last edited by cockAZNsensation; 08-29-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM cockAZNsensation is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

cockAZNsensation
 
cockAZNsensation's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
It is not the strongest species that survives, it is the most adaptable. To be adaptable you need to be dynamic, and to be dynamic you need things that force yourself into different modalities. This is what I am doing.

Have you read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-c..._consciousness
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 PM cockAZNsensation is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

cockAZNsensation
 
cockAZNsensation's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MeanBean View Post
Utopian visions always end bad because after all...we are all human. You are always going to have conflict because that's human nature.

We're having conflict right now, but genmay hasn't ended.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 PM cockAZNsensation is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockAZNsensation View Post

very familiar
Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
You probably shouldn't have spent all that time getting super high if you really wanted to have anything resembling a realistic and useful understanding of society/reality. On the other hand all the sci fi analogies in this thread are fairly fucking cool.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

cockAZNsensation
 
cockAZNsensation's Avatar
 
hahahahahahahahaha lets look up what the word "real" means
Quote:
re·al    [ree-uhl, reel]
adjective
1.
true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent: the real reason for an act.
2.
existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious: a story taken from real life.
3.
being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary: The events you will see in the film are real and not just made up.
4.
being actually such; not merely so-called: a real victory.
5.
genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; authentic: a real antique; a real diamond; real silk.
oh okay it means "true" got it

Quote:
true   [troo]
adjective, tru·er, tru·est, noun, adverb, verb, trued, tru·ing or true·ing.
adjective
1.
being in accordance with the actual state or conditions; conforming to reality or fact; not false: a true story.
2.
real; genuine; authentic: true gold; true feelings.
3.
sincere; not deceitful: a true interest in someone's welfare.
4.
firm in allegiance; loyal; faithful; steadfast: a true friend.
5.
being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something: the true meaning of his statement.
oh okay it means "real" got it

Patriotic Eagle


What you mean by "real" is the consensus reality of others and yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_reality

Real is not real.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM cockAZNsensation is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.