General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegandje View Post
god's gape

You probably expected a vagina

I am sorry can you make the picture bigger?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Do you even understand what the god of the gaps argument is? It states that God exists in the things we don't yet understand. It's an argument for the existence of God based on the fact that we can't explain EVERYTHING just yet.

That means that God is encapsulated in a bubble of ignorance and that bubble is shrinking at an ever increasing rate. We can argue about how big that bubble is but it it is definitely shrinking with each day. It will likely disappear almost entirely at some point in the future, likely not too long after we hit the technological singularity.

Except for when you get to the big bang and you have to explain how nothing transitioned into something. You can't come up with logical, sciencey explanation for that. Becuase your dealing with nothing. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORK WITH, NOTHING. At some point you have to admit defeat because you can't rationally scientize NOTHING.

What I am point out is that the Dao IS nothing, and essentially God is the Dao, ultimately God is NOTHING. And NOTHING is what fills the gaps between everything. I mean this very very literally, inbetween everything is nothing. And that is what the word Dao refers to, and ultimately what the athropomorphization of the Dao refers to as well, it literally is referring to the gap in between all of something. The Dao is nothing, and nothingness is what what is in all the gaps between all particles.

Science will figure out everything and get all the way down to the point where they are like "We figured it all out, except for this nothingness thing, how did everything come from nothing? What are the inner workings of nothing?" THERE AINT NO FUCKING INNER WORKINGS OF NOTHING BECAUSE ITS NOTHING, AN INCOMPREHENSIBLE GAP. Nothing can't be comprehended because theres nothing to comprehend.

OH MY GOD JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I NEED MORE CAFFEINE AND ALCOHOL.

I am going to go dance somewhere. Pyramid do you ever go dancing downtown?

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

So you criticize the idea of nothing in the big bang thread and then say that God is the nothing in the God thread? Yep, that's pretty much the God of the gaps alright.

So God is the unknown emptiness the universe was formed in and the empty space between the subatomic parts of an atom?

Yes, I danced quite a lot in my younger days.

dio

Quote:
So you criticize the idea of nothing in the big bang thread and then say that God is the nothing in the God thread? Yep, that's pretty much the God of the gaps alright.

So God is the unknown emptiness the universe was formed in and the empty space between the subatomic parts of an atom?

Yes generally. But I don't critisize the idea of nothing, rather I point out the apparent head butting into this wall of nothingness no matter what philosophical route you take.

God is nothing. This is the irony of the whole situation.

But this concept of nothingness is misunderstood mostly in western minds as nothing is the source of everything, nothingness IS the divine. The most profound and life changing thing a person can experience is nothingness.

So pyramid, are you married now?

pyramid

In western religions where there is a God there is never a time when nothing existed. God is eternal. There are only states where there was nothing but God in existence.

Nothingness is what we all experienced for about 14 billion years before we were born into this existence. I don't remember it being so great. If it was, why would I leave?

Nope, just me and my pets living the single life.

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

HERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTED
HERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTEDHERE IS SOME OF THAT ATTENTION YOU WANTED

Last edited by pyramid; 09-02-2012 at 03:45 AM..

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
this thread is now about giant blimps

that is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post

How do I unsubscribe from your gay pride newsletter?

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
How do I unsubscribe from your gay pride newsletter?

You take it up the ass first

We should get a taoist here to read ry's garbage, that'd be really funny

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
You take it up the ass first

We should get a taoist here to read ry's garbage, that'd be really funny

i was thinking that the other night.

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Quote:

What? God is Higgs boson?

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch View Post
What? God is Higgs boson?

I wish I could understand it.

1MeanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
this thread is now about giant blimps

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,3647034.story