General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
I love how Dio says noting translated into something because of the Big Bang. Most Creationist I know that use this fallacy is so ignorant on what the theory really states.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 09-04-2012, 12:21 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch View Post
I love how Dio says noting translated into something because of the Big Bang. Most Creationist I know that use this fallacy is so ignorant on what the theory really states.

Or like that one picture about "Atheism" that wrongly oversimplifies the big bang...

Because you know, the two mean the same thing. Fuckin' bible thumpers.


__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

JPF_
 
JPF_'s Avatar
 
Big time watching Christopher Hitchens videos/debates.....


This one is quite nice. Ben Stein is a dick....he son was addicted to Everquest, he played in my guild. Had to go to a mental hospital for it.


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by JPF_; 09-04-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 PM JPF_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch View Post
I love how Dio says noting translated into something because of the Big Bang. Most Creationist I know that use this fallacy is so ignorant on what the theory really states.

big bang discussion is here http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=841416
Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Or like that one picture about "Atheism" that wrongly oversimplifies the big bang...

Because you know, the two mean the same thing. Fuckin' bible thumpers.


Exactly. It's complete ignorance of science and atheism which nether are mutually inclusive.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 PM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Or like that one picture about "Atheism" that wrongly oversimplifies the big bang...

Because you know, the two mean the same thing. Fuckin' bible thumpers.



standard atheist response to this is 'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ATLEAST ITS BETTER THAN CHRISTIANITY"

COME ON, aiming to 'just' be better than the worst fucking thing on the planet is still pretty bad

I love how atheists consider themselves 'well-versed' on the subject of esoterism because they were butt-raped by christian culture their whole young life, and feel they are thus 'totally qualified to dismiss everything in the name of science', but seem to have complete ignorance to any advanced concepts of yoga or shamanism or magick.

Last edited by dio; 09-04-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 02:43 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
standard atheist response to this is 'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ATLEAST ITS BETTER THAN CHRISTIANITY"

COME ON, aiming to 'just' be better than the worst fucking thing on the planet is still pretty bad

I love how atheists consider themselves 'well-versed' on the subject of esoterism because they were butt-raped by christian culture their whole young life, and feel they are thus 'totally qualified to dismiss everything in the name of science', but seem to have complete ignorance to any advanced concepts of yoga or shamanism or magick.
Enjoying that apple?
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post

I love how atheists consider themselves 'well-versed' on the subject of esoterism because they were butt-raped by christian culture their whole young life, and feel they are thus 'totally qualified to dismiss everything in the name of science', but seem to have complete ignorance to any advanced concepts of yoga or shamanism or magick.
You have a complete ignorance of every significant concept of science. Is that significant? Which has contribute more to the quality of life in the modern world, science or "magick"?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You have a complete ignorance of every significant concept of science. Is that significant? Which has contribute more to the quality of life in the modern world, science or "magick"?

I have no ignorance of anything scientific.

You are not arguing against an 'anti-science' person with me. I am PRO-SCIENCE in every way possible. I am never arguing against science.

Now this bit about science vs magick is ridiculous. As science is made out of magick.

I was going to make a whole other thread about magick. But you really don't understand what I refer to with the word magick, or what the word 'magic' meant 200 - 400 years ago. Magick is not a competing philosophy with science. Magick does not replace or argue science anywhere. Magick can be loosely described as willed brain change, it is in essence the study of what could be understand as 'brain programming', or meta-programming of the human bio-computer. Things like Neuro-Linguistic-Programming are modern incarnations of a form of Magickal thinking, that have forgotten their roots. It was literally Timothy Leary who developed Interpersonal Psychology, an earlier instance of Neuro-Linguistic-Programming, who believed it to be a continuation of Aleister Crowley's work.

If you understand it in this context, Magick does not compete with science, because they operate in completely different realms. Science would be the study of physical phenomenon, and Magick would be the study of how that information is coming to impact the persons formation of reality, and how it is coming to form their 'belief' structure, and perception. Magick is the process of that information coming to alter a person formation of reality. Just the very essence of what language is, in a traditional sense, is literallly considered magick. 'Casting a spell' or saying a phrase into existence was literally the utterance of a phrase that produced alteration to the listeners perception. 400 years ago something like 'the great behemoth zalubla enters into the blah blah, " --insert old occult spell here-- , when this phrase was uttered under ceremony, to people who have through ritual use of various stimuli put themselves into a susceptible, programmable, state, this would alter the configuration of their brain, and their resulting experience of reality. A great modern example of magick put in use is the 9/11 attacks, certain stimuli, the attack are used to put people into a susceptible state, and from this they are then barraded with messages (from media) to essentially imprint a new perception of reality in the mass. Or some speaker stating a certain scientific 'evidence' and then this coming to form a new percpetion of reality in the scientific atheist believers mind, this is the process that the word 'magick' refers to. Magick is one person said, "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." A highly skilled magickian in essence has a full understanding of human psychology and could completely decondition, and recondition a person to percieve reality as anything. Magick is the study of the very mechanics by which belief and perception manifest from the point of the view of the words, language, art, sound imagery, color and stimuli that cause those changes to occur. It operates at level of the human experience etirely lower and underneath 'science', this is why I said that science is made out of magick. Because it literally is.

And do not confuse 'magick' with 'magic' as in Disney magic, and stage magic. These two things are entirely different and you will completely confuse yourself if you attempt to assume they hold any relation. You know what 'magic' is, as in disney and stage magic, you obviously had no idea what 'magick' is.

If your thinking 'if this magick thing is so important, then why isn't it taught in schools'. Because magick is SUPER TABOO. So incredibly taboo. 200-400 years ago when you had the 'CHURCH" and then these groups of mages studying how believe and perception forms, to change it, this was the front line defense against overthrowing the church. The mages were literally studying the mechanics by which belief came to form, and because of that the church cast magick out as being incredibly taboo. This taboo still runs today, the true understanding and meaning of the word magick is still incredibly suppressed just by the habits that the church imposed hundreds of years ago in order to defend against what was its greatest enemy.

Last edited by dio; 09-06-2012 at 01:17 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I have no ignorance of anything scientific.
Yeah you TOTALLY are ignorant of science. Alarmingly so. Your whole thought process is basically the opposite of scientific.
Quote:
You are not arguing against an 'anti-science' person with me. I am PRO-SCIENCE in every way possible. I am never arguing against science.
See you think that, because your ignorance of real science is so high. But in reality...

The thing about science is that it takes a lot of patience, a lot of training and a lot of routine deliberate thought. You can't do that if you're doing around rewiring your brain taking acid. Your thought process (which seems relatively stereotypical of the acidheads I've seen, limited sample) is pretty antithetical to the scientific brain.

I'm sure you like technology and cool new weird ideas that come from scientific experiment. But that's not "science."
Quote:
Now this bit about science vs magick is ridiculous. As science is made out of magick.
lol
Quote:
If your thinking 'if this magick thing is so important, then why isn't it taught in schools'. Because magick is SUPER TABOO. So incredibly taboo. 200-400 years ago when you had the 'CHURCH" and then these groups of mages studying how believe and perception forms, to change it, this was the front line defense against overthrowing the church. The mages were literally studying the mechanics by which belief came to form, and because of that the church cast magick out as being incredibly taboo. This taboo still runs today, the true understanding and meaning of the word magick is still incredibly suppressed just by the habits that the church imposed hundreds of years ago in order to defend against what was its greatest enemy.
It's not taught in schools because watching people with fucked up brains like yourself scares people. There may be good to be plumbed in the depths of crazy fucked up brains, but that's a bridge too far for most people. The risks of being a crazy weirdo who can't/doesn't do anything more significant than pontificate to his crazy acidhead friends is too high.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
take your medication
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
seem to have complete ignorance to any advanced concepts of yoga or shamanism or magick.

...

...





This should be merged with the why you lol thread
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
lol

He really needs to eat that apple.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
I didn't know magic had a K on the end. Now i do. It's not an advanced concept, but it's a start.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 09-06-2012, 07:09 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
It's not taught in schools because watching people with fucked up brains like yourself scares people. There may be good to be plumbed in the depths of crazy fucked up brains, but that's a bridge too far for most people. The risks of being a crazy weirdo who can't/doesn't do anything more significant than pontificate to his crazy acidhead friends is too high.

Being the type of person who does nothing more than pontificate to their friends about their specific set of experiences, in anything in life, really has nothing to do with any kind of drug you took. In fact I think this is what the vast majority of the population does anyways, and only a small percentage of the population has had a large dose of lsd.

A person going on and on about entities they met in acid hyperspace is really no less meaningless than someone going on and on about people they met at a party, or some new clothing they found shopping.

The real fact of the matter here is that the majority of the population doesn't really do jack shit, and this has nothing to do with LSD. If people did less LSD, you wouldn't end up with more getting done. I actually think this is quite the opposite. A huge explosion in the use of LSD in mass groups of the population causes quite a stirring of activity.

And really in the case of me, when it comes to the subject of art and music and writings. All the art that has stemmed from psychedellic culture in some way I find to be generally on a higher level altogether. To me it seems like psychedellic culture is the cutting edge forefront for actually producing alot of new, good, things.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:18 AM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.